• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I even see people afraid of the word abortion now. They censor it on YouTube, and they avoid it on social media. They use miscarriage instead.

Hey, news flash, you spineless sacks of p1ss and wind: they're not even synonyms. ****ing hell society, stop ruining language and concealing the truth for the sake of pointless evasion!
We're going to see more of this garbage for at least a year or two. Thing is, we're seeing subversion in real time. And the best part all those idiots are going to regret how stupid they were.

These people are people that are supposed to say "I'm not going allow you to change my thinking patterns. Subvert my way of life or change my way of living!"

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
That feeling when someone doesn't seem to realise that sharing hobbies and interests is a form of intimacy and affection that goes both ways and, every time you try to share something with them, they just kinda tolerate it even though you're genuinely interested in the things they enjoy and will happily let them talk about their interests all day if it pleases them. :cautious:

Like...babe, I adore you but I'm sharing this because I'm excited and happy and I want to share those feelings with you and you...don't seem to care. If you don't want to talk to me, then tell me to f*** off. But say something, ffs.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Met the usual people who spread the false story that "Code: VERONICA is originally supposed to be RE3".

Posted a video interview where the game's own director clearly stated that Code: VERONICA was created for Sega to make up for not being able to port RE2 for the Saturn.

The response I get:

"We will never know what really happened"

Some people are really just in denial : /

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Some people out there are trying to ban the word "trap" as well.
I know it's stupid, but people use "trap" like calling someone a c*nt. Similar, but different. It's more of an insult than anything, if you're asking me. I don't use it, like that, but there are people who use it as such.
Met the usual people who spread the false story that "Code: VERONICA is originally supposed to be RE3".

Posted a video interview where the game's own director clearly stated that Code: VERONICA was created for Sega to make up for not being able to port RE2 for the Saturn.

The response I get:

I would believe that. I vaguely remember Mikami saying Veronica was designed as a "spin-off" and not part of the main storyline. And even then, the design of Veronica is vastly different from what we were accustomed to with Resident Evil at the time. I would listen if I were the person. Veronica is a completely new game, kinda like how RE4 was. It's a sequel, but it's an entirely different game when you actually play it. I bought the PS2 version, so I won't have the same experience you guys had on Dreamcast.

Goldsickle

Coronavirus cases exceeded 1000 new infections today.
We are way worse than when we started getting it.

Stupid f***ing "elections" at Sabah is to be blamed for this, due to all the gatherings and how higher ups refuse to quarantine themselves when they return to the mainland.
If you wanna be f***ing stupid, at least keep all that infection s*** back at Sabah, dumbf***s.
Why did you have to infect the rest of us here in the mainland?

Goldsickle

Finished long project, feeling empty and decided to play some video games after not touching my console for more than a month.

10-12 mosquitoes are doing air parade near the sofa I was sitting on, so forced to spray a healthy dose of pesticide.
Gaming has to wait.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Every single night they are both inside my head.

To be honest, I sort of enjoy the fact that they're always together, as an army of two against me, supporting each other in their quest to take me down. It tells me that my more rational subconscious side agrees with the fact that both of those heads belong to the same monster called Narcissism.

Some night I'll beat the hell out of them both. And yes, I'm talking about dreaming of it, to stop the nightmares.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Sure would be nice if historians would stop writing solely for other historians and would make their work accessible for people trying to learn about history. If you can't explain your subject coherently, maybe you shouldn't be writing books. :cautious:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

The response I get:

Jesus, how far up their own ass do they have to be to get it? It woukd be like me saying that Devil May Cry 1 was never going to be a sequel to RE4 despite plenty of evidence and holdover designs in the game.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Jesus, how far up their own ass do they have to be to get it? It woukd be like me saying that Devil May Cry 1 was never going to be a sequel to RE4 despite plenty of evidence and holdover designs in the game.
That's confirmation bias.

People in denial will continue to ignore the truth and reinterpret things around them to suit their personal beliefs.

About that anti-RE8 video you posted before, that's something I hate about any fanbase.
The idea that:

"I HATE THIS... SO YOU MUST HATE THIS TOO."

I think it's disgusting that the author went as far as saying "you must make a video to talk s*** about this game".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
About that anti-RE8 video you posted before, that's something I hate about any fanbase.
The idea that:

"I HATE THIS... SO YOU MUST HATE THIS TOO."

I think it's disgusting that the author went as far as saying "you must make a video to talk s*** about this game".
What sucks is that the guy has good content, but I don't want look at any of it anymore, because of his sickening behavior. His first RE8 hate video I can deal with, because he mainly kept is speculation and dislike focused on the game. But in the 2nd video, which I linked, he went too far and started attacking and accusing other YouTuber users just for being interested or excited for the game, when they did nothing to him. It's okay to be skeptical of something to an extent, but when you start attacking or encouraging your fan base to attack others for an opinion, that is when you cross the line. I've seen enough of the sh%t to see how bad it gets and how it destroys lives and relationships.

Goldsickle

But in the 2nd video, which I linked, he went too far and started attacking and accusing other YouTuber users just for being interested or excited for the game, when they did nothing to him.
Other than "I HATE THIS... SO YOU MUST HATE THIS TOO", there's also:

"STOP LIKING WHAT I HATE"

Some people just can't look away or chill when a game they dislike is being genuinely enjoyed by others.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
No decent painkillers, insomnia and not enough staff for one of the kids to remain in school makes for a testing time this coming week...

Gasoline Tank

Because of this crappy virus going around today, your life as you knew it, is essentially CANCELLED. At least, the best part of it, huh? :(

But maybe seeing me as a zombie in this film attacking a marine will cheer you up. I'm the one with the glasses. Can you see me? :D

Top Bottom