• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

There is still a possibility for DMC5

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah I know I haven't been here in a while so yeah hi....its goof to see the forums hasn't changed much but on to pressing subjects.

Anyway for those stating or claiming the future is bleak for Devil May Cry as a whole or think Capcom should focus on DmC2 over DMC5 or would...well your possibly one and here are 5 reasons why.

#1. This isn't the first time Capcom has rebooted one of the franchises.
Bionic_Commando.jpg
Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png
MegaMan+Legends+%5BU%5D+%5BSLUS-00603%5D-front.jpg
(There are others though)
And it possibly won't be their last (*cough* Resident Evil *cough*). My main point for #1 is whether the reboot succeeds (in MegaMan's case) or fails horribly (Bionic Commando) Capcom usually tends to continue the original series.......eventually (for MegaMan....took awhile for both MegaMan 7 & MegaMan 8 to come after X was introduced) or in Bionic Commando's case right away (Rearmed and Rearmed 2 came out so quickly after its bomb of a reboot). However for DMC's case its a bit iffy considering DmC was inbetween (it was a good game unlike Bionic Commando but wasn't successful sales wise like MegaMan X & Legends as well as Battle Network).

#2. To Capcom "reboot" means "experiment" with them.

All the examples I listed in #1 weren't technically reboots (maybe BC) but if anything experiments to see if this can draw in a bigger fanbase or try something new. With Legends and Battle Network making a well famed platformer and turning it into sandbox/RPG is a bigger risk than changing a main character's hair color (that they'll turn back to white at the end).

Plus this article explains the TRUE reason behind DmC's existence:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/12/capcom-senior-vp-gives-insight-into-east-vs-west-decisions/

Also it should be noted that rebooting DMC could potentially be Keiji Inafune's idea....makes sense considering it was the same guy's idea to make 6 different other MegaMan series and handing over Dead Rising to a western developer and prior to and after leaving Capcom started blabbing some crap about East VS West...despite actually making somewhat of a point.

Anyway, Capcom has been doing stupi.....I mean being ambitious with their IPs and if they fail (as shown with Devil Kings and Bionic Commando) they will try something else or go back to the drawing board (the original). Also, the case with DmC is just the same as Devil Kings (they both tried making it appeal to a larger audience by making it westernized but failed to do so though Devil Kings failed more terribly in US & Europe....Japan was fine).

#3. Itsuno himself stated interest in continuing the original and even DmC....so DMC5 and DmC2 could still both happen (now its a matter of which comes first). Plus also Itsuno stated “With DmC this time, we wanted to avoid the problem that befalls some series where you keep making it with the same team, same hardware, and it tends to decrease and fans move away from it,” he explains. “We wanted to avoid that. We don’t want the series to die.” Itsuno himself doesn't want DMC as a series to die so those saying DMC is as good as dead as long as people like Itsuno reside in Capcom they can still push to keep DMC alive (whether as DMC5 or DmC2). Plus believe it or not Capcom's devs does have a strong influence over decisions concerning games and IPs (with Masachika Kawata wanting to return Resident Evil back to survival horror with Revelations, Inafune being the dude who basically managed Street Fighter, MegaMan, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and other decisions Capcom has made, as well as Ono convincing Capcom ex heads to continue DarkStalkers enough to make DarkStalkers Resurrection)

#4. DmC could potentially be the lowest selling DMC game yet. I mean even the previous lowest selling DMC game DMC2 sold 1.4 mil in its first quarter....not so much afterwards. Barely making 800,000 units it'll be a miracle if this game sells 1/3 of what the previous DMC sold. Plus Capcom looks at sales deeply and it greatly affects their decision making. Plus Capcom does listen to their fans (if they didn't what would be the point of all those polls) such as the recent DmC patch was because of complaints or issues given to them by the consumers who bought the product or other fans. Plus plenty of staff from Capcom were actually against the reboot or its direction.

#5. People saying the old team is too busy to make a DMC5 should bugger off considering the latest game Itsuno and his crew is working on (Dragon's Dogma) is getting an expansion game in April and other than nothing else is shown on what they're doing (I hear nothing about a DD2 and anything came down to Dark Arisen). Kobayashi is practically free since Sengoku Basara doesn't seem to be having a new game in development plus the man can multi-task he was able to work on Resident Evil 6 & Dragon's Dogma as well same goes for Itsuno who was able to work on Dragon's Dogma and still help NT with DmC. Also the DD team isn't only made up of Itsuno and his crew in fact they only make up a sizeable portion the rest are the Breath of Fire team (wonder they've been up to for so long) for environments, medieval aesthetics, and character designs, the Resident Evil team (for most enemy designs, some combat, and dark/creepy feel), and Itsuno's Devil May Cry team for combat and abilities. Plus Itsuno himself stated earlier its best the avoid making games with the same team and hardware so having another team work on DMC5 won't be so bad (I guess that was what was DMC4-s problem) in fact it could be better if Kobayashi and Itsuno provides guidance. I'll like the team who worked on MvC3 & TvC to work on DMC5 (or DmC2) as well as Ryota Niitsuma as lead director coupled with the fact he also worked on some of the Monster Hunter games a mixture of the MvC3/TvC, Devil May Cry, and Monster Hunter team can make a truly kickass game and potential successor to DMC3. A Devil May Cry that still maintains its key signature combat mixed with MvC3 game engine of flashy and vibrant/beautiful graphics and high quality dynamic scenery and high speed action with the depth of a fighting game engine and MvC3 is a good example of an accessible yet not casualized combat system (even on Normal I can easily experiment with combos and pull off some crazy stuff all the while not being able to fully dive into the combat system so easily), Monster Hunter enemy design for demons as well as the gracious environments and expansive stage design to explore rather than straight forward corridors.

So yeah but there is still more though but these 5 matter the most.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Rumors like this happen all the time. I remember hearing for the first few days after the DmC reveal trailer that it was all a ruse by Capcom. Until they actually NT or Capcom actually release anything, then, unfortunately, it's all just hot air.

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
tumblr_mhjpg3HWob1qi39yio1_500.png

I really do want a DMC5 but if it turns out like RE6 did then i don't know...
IDC- just as long as they fix Vergil! He got screwed over bad in DmC (from highly intellegent & level headed 7 silent to happy go lucky airhead!). xP

tumblr_mhjpg3HWob1qi39yio1_500.png

I really do want a DMC5 but if it turns out like RE6 did then i don't know...

"We're pleased to announce we're making Devil May Cry 5 with this instalment we hope to attract the Call of Duty audience"

The horror.

Edit: Are Mega man Legends, X and Battle network really counted as reboots? The Classic Series was still going and it got 2 new titles the last couple of years. Unless you mean 'a fresh take'

EditEdit: Never mind I don't have good reading comprehension.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Are Mega man Legends, X and Battle network really counted as reboots? The Classic Series was still going and it got 2 new titles the last couple of years. Unless you mean 'a fresh take'

.Exe series is an alt universe, but X is a sequel series, not a reboot/AU, with Legends being ambigious as to if it's a sequel story or another AU, it tends to hint either way, and X5's ending implicated sequel story. As to the X series origins, Inafune wanted to progress the story to a darker angle besides "fight Wily, happy ending"...ironically the X series got shoe horned into the same damn pattern with Sigma until 8 and Command Mission had the balls to finally NOT have Sigma at all.

I know it was supposed to end at X5 but if it did I doubt we would have got CM. Sigma sucked anyway as a villain didn't find him that interesting.

Ah well Atleast DMC doesnt just stick to one villain Capcom could easily pull off a "demon wants to do demo things" plot with extra stuff like character development and side plots to fill the gaps.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, X was supposed to end at 5 so that Inafune could copntinue the story with Zero, who was actually the ORIGINAL concept of X, but higher ups said "he looks nothing like Megaman, change him to resemble Megaman". Hence...Inafune really just wanted to work on the Zero games and got ****ed when they retconed X5's ending and made 6 and kept going.

Amusingly, it's suggested that Aile in ZX is actually some descendent of Wily's. Oh the irony.

Age of Nero

I don't like any of the new incarnations in DmC they just don't sit well with me Vergil especially Dx
Same here. -____- I am still somewhat knew to this whole DMC thing- I began as a Nero fan- he was the first introduced to me; then I grew on Dante. But for some odd reason, Vergil won me! Then BAM! The DmC game came out- & Vergil's character's just downright destroyed! Easily vulnerable, can be killed easier, airheaded- the list goes on! :( I do like his appearance, but it'll never win the old one! :)

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Same here. -____- I am still somewhat knew to this whole DMC thing- I began as a Nero fan- he was the first introduced to me; then I grew on Dante. But for some odd reason, Vergil won me! Then BAM! The DmC game came out- & Vergil's character's just downright destroyed! Easily vulnerable, can be killed easier, airheaded- the list goes on! :( I do like his appearance, but it'll never win the old one! :)
I some what liked his coat but that was about it right when when new Vergil was announced that was when I decided not to buy DmC. I'm just to big of an old Vergil fan >_<

Age of Nero

I some what liked his coat but that was about it right when when new Vergil was announced that was when I decided not to buy DmC. I'm just to big of an old Vergil fan >_<
Same here! I'm too big a fan of the old DMC games overall- funny thing is I just got into the old ones (first w/ 4, then 3, etc.) around 2-3 months ago! xP lol

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Same here! I'm too big a fan of the old DMC games overall- funny thing is I just got into the old ones (first w/ 4, then 3, etc.) around 2-3 months ago! xP lol
I got into DMC around before the announcement to DmC came around my friend had the demo of 4 on her ps3 and I got really interested so I bought 3 for ps2

Age of Nero

I got into DMC around before the announcement to DmC came around my friend had the demo of 4 on her ps3 and I got really interested so I bought 3 for ps2
:p I already had PS3, so I winded up getting the HD collection! :p it's very addicting!
*They're coming out w/ a PS4 now- this is crazy! IDK why all tehse companies have to come out w/ more consoles as I like old school things better anyway- like Nintendo: Super, 64, & Gamecube! :p:p:p

Age of Nero

Your username makes me happy. I would like to live through the age of Nero.
rofl Thx! :p
*Believe it or not, I'd hate to live through it- ever heard of a band Satyricon? They have an album called that, but it's based on dictatorship & possibly war. Also, the Age of Nero is really about a Roman ruler that had many ppl imprisoned & killed! .__.
**But if it was an age about the game character Nero, that'd be sweet! :D

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
:p I already had PS3, so I winded up getting the HD collection! :p it's very addicting!
*They're coming out w/ a PS4 now- this is crazy! IDK why all tehse companies have to come out w/ more consoles as I like old school things better anyway- like Nintendo: Super, 64, & Gamecube! :p:p:p
Ugh when my friend told me that the PS4 was coming out i was like "ugggh nooo" I still need to get my PS2 collection finished same with my wii and psp/ds collection not to mention all the new games coming out for 3DS and PS3 :'(

Top Bottom