• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This be my conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

Zurg;292173 said:
To be quite honest, Nero was one of the best things Capcom could have added to Devil May Cry. A fresh new hero, who is upstaged by the original hero. But somehow ties into the original hero. SPOILER: (If I'm not mistaken the novels said that he was vergils son?) But I agree with what some people said above this about he had potential just...he didn't match the 'quota' of Devil May Cry's previous 'Awesome no matter what' stature.
I think you mean to say tht Nero was the best thing Capcom did add to the series (ignoring Vergil, which is a given). To some extent I agree with that sentiment, in that Nero had the potential to open up the series in ways that had previously been unexplored. The problem was that they compromised on his character, instead of making him a separate, distinct entity, made him basically a recapitulation of Dante, and thus essentially redundant. Not only that, but they set him up to resolve whatever conflict he had in one game without giving him some overarching, enveloping plot to unravel over multiple games. The only thing they can do with him now is explore where his arm came from, and that hardly seems worthy of an entire game, or even half of one.

So let me amend the statement to "Nero could have been the best thing Capcom did for the series," but he fell short, only reinvigorating one game which he, paradoxically, caused to be subpar due to his inclusion and half-assed nature.

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
Iam on group 2.

But Iam not liking the designs, the seemingly new gameplay and how they keep ignoring fans and gamers to show something.

Glad in DMC4 Nero was fresh, but the real highlight of DMC4 is Dante with his multi-arsenal weapon gameplay! That was sweet!

Zurg

moseslmpg;292205 said:
I think you mean to say tht Nero was the best thing Capcom did add to the series (ignoring Vergil, which is a given). To some extent I agree with that sentiment, in that Nero had the potential to open up the series in ways that had previously been unexplored. The problem was that they compromised on his character, instead of making him a separate, distinct entity, made him basically a recapitulation of Dante, and thus essentially redundant. Not only that, but they set him up to resolve whatever conflict he had in one game without giving him some overarching, enveloping plot to unravel over multiple games. The only thing they can do with him now is explore where his arm came from, and that hardly seems worthy of an entire game, or even half of one.

So let me amend the statement to "Nero could have been the best thing Capcom did for the series," but he fell short, only reinvigorating one game which he, paradoxically, caused to be subpar due to his inclusion and half-assed nature.

I couldn't have said it better myself. But seriously I couldn't, your diction just absolutely slams my vocabulary into the ground. I honestly think that if Nero would have flourished as a character, he would have deserved a full back story. Is that the reason why Capcom gave up on the series? Because it was too bland? I didn't think it was bland but I have heard people make the connection that every Devil May Cry is like a version of Windows. Ever so slightly increasing in technology usage but at the same time increasing the quality and quantity as well. As a great man once said "It's just a sweet mod of it's predecessor." This man was referring to Modern Warfare 2 (directly after it was released) but I think the quote fits here nicely. I have gotten myself off topic but this new topic is more interesting to me than the likes of wanna-be Dante's foreseen topic.

That new topic is: I think DmC is going to be better than Devil May Cry 2, 3 and 4. The first Devil May Cry is not listed because it was the original that started it all. I think Capcom tried to take a completely diffrent approach after the failure of Devil May Cry 2. That approach was making the character as cool as possible put people in "a state of aw." This led to their downfall because this awesome character was set backseat to a newcomer in the 4th Devil May Cry, as we all know.

I am really good at getting off on to tangents aren't I?

moseslmpg

Zurg;292215 said:
I couldn't have said it better myself. But seriously I couldn't, your diction just absolutely slams my vocabulary into the ground.
Say nothing of it. My diction is more of a symptom of the peculiar pathology of one suspended between the lofty ideals of academia and the pessimistic and somewhat egotistical resignation to the assured failure to attain them. Alas. Most of the time I'm struggling for words and habit alone leads me to adopt most of the unconventional terms and mannerisms that I use. Double alas.
That new topic is: I think DmC is going to be better than Devil May Cry 2, 3 and 4. The first Devil May Cry is not listed because it was the original that started it all. I think Capcom tried to take a completely different approach after the failure of Devil May Cry 2. That approach was making the character as cool as possible put people in "a state of aw." This led to their downfall because this awesome character was set backseat to a newcomer in the 4th Devil May Cry, as we all know.
I don't know if that judgment is actually meaningful though. Since it seems to have been changed so much, can DINO even be compared to the rest of the series? It isn't even DMC5. I actually think DINO is going to be worse in all the ways that mattered to veteran DMC fans, though it may compositionally be a better game. It will certainly be more...authentic, maybe, than the series would have been if it had kept on the same track as DMC4. But that's what reboots are all about, starting fresh, bringing back a purity to rejuvenate the series.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
moseslmpg;292217 said:
It will certainly be more...authentic, maybe, than the series would have been if it had kept on the same track as DMC4. But that's what reboots are all about, starting fresh, bringing back a purity to rejuvenate the series.

There have been a lot of reboots lately, lack of imagination/ideas much? :lol: Not that I don't mind that they are trying to start fresh with a dying series, but I hope they are orginal, not a copy/paste deal from other games.

moseslmpg

With Capcom lately, I think it would be wise to heed the admonition they recently put above the entrance to their corporate HQ:

"Through me the way into the suffering fandom,
Through me the way to the eternal fail,
Through me the way that runs among the disappointed.

Greed urged on my high artificer;
My maker was divine mediocrity,
The highest equivocation, and the primal sell-out.

Before me nothing but weaksauce things were made,
And I endure weaksaucily.
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

As Alighieri might say: Mamma mia...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
im apart of the group 7 which is the empathic cause even though i am excited for this game and i like the look of the game and i do like the look of the character because i dont see him as emo or gay but at the same time i agree with moses's assessment of it not being DMC since i didnt know it was a devil may cry game till the end.
Im not against reboots i just want them to be done right. In some ways DmC is consistent with how capcom has handled the series before because they do changes things and take the series in new directions but they ultimately dont think things thru.

Zurg

Moses, lack of better words seems be no problem for you... Your speech is above my head half of the time.

Anyways, I will gladly say that DmC may not please people as it should. I think Capcom is more or less ignoring the hardcore Devil May Cry fan base. But they want to expand their franchise at the same time. So, being the lazy people that any large game 'creating' company is, they gave their development to another company.

Don't get me wrong I became the typical fan girl as soon as the trailer name popped up in my sub box on Youtube. But as I watched the trailer I was "Eh, I don't know if anyone is going to like this or not. But I can role with it." And the rest is history.

O.G.

Dino's Meth supplier
Storm Silves;292158 said:
Hey, I'm sorry for that rather inflammatory comment. I tend to post on impulse.

Hahah I'm sorry, too then. Actually, normally I'm quite a relaxed guy and wouldn't react that way, but the subject got me on my toes.

(Don´t mind me if I didn´t say that in a correct way..
I'm from the Netherlands.)

Zurg said:
...When did any of us try to "brainwash" other fans into thinking it's not changing? Of coarse it's changing. Accpet it, the fact that it's changing is not going to change! That was redundant.
I mean't it like you said. Sorry for that.

Zurg said:
To be quite honest, Nero was one of the best things Capcom could have added to Devil May Cry. A fresh new hero, who is upstaged by the original hero. But somehow ties into the original hero. SPOILER: (If I'm not mistaken the novels said that he was vergils son?) But I agree with what some people said above this about he had potential just...he didn't match the 'quota' of Devil May Cry's previous 'Awesome no matter what' stature.

Why is this concept so hard to understand? XD
Because DMC4 felt like a filler to a lot of people.

Everybody has their own opinion on that.

And for me.. Having ANY SORT OF TIE with Dante isn't enough to use an entire episode of 4 episodes about "that guy which has ties". :) IF they were going to use Nero, they should've given the feel that it was someone important. Even if we'd get a good clue, it would've been okay.

And I don't think I'm asking for too much (like asking for a game that's entirely about Sparda or Virgil.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom