• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

this is for the people that are considering buying this reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantej25

its been awhile sense i been here the site looks great . i'm not ranting here so i just wanna make sure i get that out. after reading other comments in different forums from people thats against this reboot and people thats for it because capcom said its dante in another universe. OK capcom is lying to u so the heat from this will cool down. they have told us the fans 3 different lies. the 1st was it was dante in another universe. the 2nd one was it was dante before he was known as dante and the 3rd one that it was a prequel to 3 then finally they just said it was a reboot. now read carefully on this.
if it was a prequel then he would still have white hair because he was born with white hair n blue eyes. he always had the sword rebellion because sparda gave him that sword he had it in 2 thru 4 and he always love the red trench coat look he has worn it in all 4 games and the series and novels. some of you gonna say o he dyed his hair when he use to be called tony Redgrave there's a answer for that umm no he didn't i went back watch the series in vol 2 of the series someone that knew dante when he was a kid n went under that name popped up n ask for his help n he called dante tony but never mentioned his hair being different. he said i know its you tony because u got the same personality n he had the same hair and style when they were kids and people who read the novel said when he went under the name tony he still had white hair so it wouldn't make sense if he's hair turns white during the gameplay and speaking of gameplay they're using the unreal engine so its gonna be slow. ninja theory has never had a successful game. enslave was their 2nd game i think n it did poor in sales n they blamed dmc fans for it having low sales. enslave had easy fighting, the bots in it look like crap n not much detail the climbing was annoying n easy and also short then when u get to the end it was a real let down a rip off from the matrix. the plot for the new dmc gonna be unoriginal because it been said by ninja theory that their using pieces from movies as the plot so u know its gonna be stupid and back to the whole prequel thing if this was gonna a prequel then why does this new dante look like the guy from ninja theory the same guy that said n he was asked in a interview how does he feel about the true dmc fans that are outraged by what they done to the character. the guy from ninja theory said he doesn't care even capcom called us sheep for not liking this new design. if know anything about the British and their style u would know that their still stuck in the 80's same as some of their music now i'm not hating on them because some of their shows are good like the show Jekyll, demons, the It crowd, and torch wood. n i like def leppard songs but listening to their slang and clothing choice their stuck in the 80's lets be honest here. ninja theory is a bad choice i would have chosen E.A or something you know a company that has hit games and cater to their fans like sucker punch for example because in infamous 2 the fans hated the way the new Cole looked and they went back n changed it so he would look more like the cole in the 1st game now thats a company that cater to their fans but not ninja theory or capcom we complained n they said they don't care n called us sheep but yet they wants us to buy this. for the people that said bayonetta was a dmc rip off it was by the original creator of dmc which even he said he doesn't like the new look n u can look that up also but bayonetta did great in sales and was a good game. the guy from ninja theory was asked did he think bayonetta was cool n he said no but they made the game extreme and awesome but he didn't think it was cool i sense some hate from him. this is the 1st game i think where the fans have split and theres even petitions for this game not to be made by ninja theory and a facebook page against this also so they says alot on how this game gonna do when it comes out. sorry that this is long i had to get this out and i'm on hardly no sleep i have alot on my mind. please stick to your guns on this if you don't like the new dante stick to your guns on it just because they say o its in another universe shouldn't change your mind . i'm cool with changing the story but changing the character look n make him look like the designer from ninja theory is a douche move to do u gotta admit that n if they wanted a western look why pick a brittish developer wouldn't picking E.A or sucker punch make more sense just saying. if u want the petition page email me on here n i'll give it to u but please stick to ur guns on this and think about the lie i pointed out n showed you. ok after reading this do sound like a rant so i'm sorry lol

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Honestly, I feel you've tricked me into reading this. I don't know if it was your intention to try grab my attention and hopefully sway me to 'the other side' or whatever, or whether it's because you're tired and weren't thinking straight when you put up the thread title.

I've never 'considered' buying the reboot. It was a done deal after I watched the trailer the first time. I'm pre-ordering it even, if my gamestore lets me. I haven't had doubts about purchasing it, at all. Nothing anyone has said has made me go 'hmmm,well, maybe I should wait and see what it's all about'. No. That's the mentality Capcom are probably referring to as sheep - one very loud very vocal fan goes 'DON'T BUY THIS JUNK!' and everyone else follows suit and accepts that persons' reasons as their own. Like the one person who said that Dante looks like he's fashioned after Tameem. You know, he's probably NOT fashioned after Tameem, but rather the newest hairstyle in the punk groupies. The fact that Tameem wears his hair similar is just unfortunate. Or like the one person who dubbed Dante as a Twilight reject, and everyone else just kind of goes 'yeah!' without actually looking at his picture and thinking about it. SHEEP!

I understand that there are a lot of fans who share the same issues about the reboot. It seems the rants about Dante's new style being blasphemy have morphed into petitions against the game as a whole. A lot of my friends have signed up to that facebook page against the game, but I haven't and I won't. I just might get nasty on the boards there, and I don't support petitions based on a matter of taste. That's like signing up to a group who petition cleaning wax from your ears with earbuds because 'how would you feel to be prodded like that?' It's pointless.

Capcom and Ninja Theory have made it clear that they do consider the fans' concerns on their terms. If they had gone the Suckerpunch route with DmC, then I bet you everyone would be ranting about how they're trying to copy Suckerpunch and how much it sucks. The facts are that none of the DMC games have been received with open arms by everyone. There's always been complaints and flaming about this or that about the game, but when you come right down to it, the games DID sell, and they sold WELL. This whole parade to boycott DmC screams out immaturity and resistance to change. Even after promises that there might yet be a DMC 5 centred back in the 'original' franchise, people still aren't even going to give DmC a chance. They want to see where the reboot goes - whether the majority of fans like it or not, they are going to test the waters either way.

It's ridiculous how fans can carry on trying to butcher the sales before the game has even had a release date announced. I'm not going to lecture my friends, who believe Ninja Theory to be in the wrong for taking the franchise in this direction, to stop being narrow-minded and to just give the game the benefit of the doubt and go buy/play it. That's MY opinion. Bringing that down on everyone else who see this game differently than I do is like dictating to them what they SHOULD do and how they SHOULD think, and that their opinion is wrong and how dare they even not consider buying this game.

Fans ought to have that mutual respect for one another when disagreeing about their views on a game. Posts like yours (and I don't mean to target you personally, I mean this for any lurkers who think they can jump on the bandwagon and start another barrage of 'Don't support this game!' threads before disappearing off the forum again) make me feel like I'm not allowed to have an opinion. I'm not allowed to like this game, because everyone else dislikes it so much. I'm not allowed to give it a chance, because that makes me less of a fan. I shouldn't go buy it, because that would be encouraging Capcom and nobody wants that. I shouldn't be optimistic about this game, because everyone else thinks it's lower than the scum of the earth.

I know I'm not just speaking for myself here. There are fans who are looking forward to this reboot, but in the face of all the threads that popped up discriminating against anyone who would dare think positively about this game, our opinions become nul in void because everyone else looks down their noses at us in disgust. I don't want to try and see eye-to-eye with the fans who are against this game, and I don't want to try and brainwash them into buying it and supporting it either. We're all entitled to our opinion, but when it gets to the point where you're made to feel your opinion is WRONG by a multitude of people and that you should rather do THIS than THAT, it becomes a case of dictating what others ought to do. It can also be looked upon as cyber-bullying - getting someone to back down from their opinion and accept yours instead.

So, point of my rant is: don't tell people who are looking forward to playing this game not to do so just because of x, y and z reasons, because we're not creating threads telling everyone else that they are wrong for disliking the new DmC look and that they should get over themselves and just play it. Also, since by the content of your post I'm assuming you really just meant it as reinforcement for people who are dead-set against the game - no reinforcement is needed. I doubt anyone who has declared DmC an epic fail will change their minds, so encouraging the anti-DmCness is unnecessary and verges on trolling.

Oh, and I don't see those reasons you listed as lies. One of them (the alternate universe one, I beileve) was put on wikipedia - not a very reliable source since it can be edited by anyone, so it's not necessarily a quote straight from NT or Capcom. The rest are just more information on the game itself and doesn't contradict what was said before, aka. it really is just more information on the game and where it's coming from.

And btw Dantej25, I'm not ranting at you specifically, I have nothing against you so don't feel like you've come worse off from it. You voiced your opinion and I voiced mine. Just because I'm disagreeing with you doesn't mean I want to engage you in a personal war of words, I just see things differently than others.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My God MV, I couldn't have said it better myself. I too support this game, but when there are so many people telling you that "No, this game is utter ****! You're wrong and you're going to regret buying it!" that's when I put down my proverbial controller and declare "I'm done listening to your crap."

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
Short sweet and to the point. Reboot might be a fun and cool game I just don't like what the preview says where the story line is headed. That is just me though I am always willing to give the game a chance It's actually like alot of things people pressing their beliefs and being bullies about it. I love arguments not heated arguments but where there is a disagreement and everyone listens to everyones point of few to understand their opinion not bashing them because they don't share your same opinion. Like some certain current events people need tolerance.

ARandomGuy

After reading that pointless wall text (pointless because over 80% of it is mostly stuff we already know about and lol at the EA part... fail right there), TC hasn't changed my mind at all... yeah... go figure -.-
Anyway I never cared much about DMC's story, I've read books, watched movies and played games with stories infinitely better than what the DMC franchise had to offer, so what it comes down to is the gameplay for me. People always give the Unreal Engine excuse but honestly, I played DMC4 on 30-40 fps on my old PC. Guess what? It ran fantastic, no slowdowns no nothing and I enjoyed the gameplay! Then when I got my new PC, the speed didn't change, the animation was just more smoother. I remember reading somewhere that everything over 25 fps is considered impressive by the human eye, so I don't really see the problem if it stops at 30-40 fps. Now, I'm not saying the game is going to be epic or anything. That's why I'm waiting for more info on the gameplay before I make up my mind on purchasing DmC.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
im still looking foward to seeing how it looks when it's all said and done, but i wont be suprised if it looks and plays like crap, ninja theory have yet to make even one good game imo

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You know, this reminds me of how some people were on this forum a while ago, asking me "why do you like DMC2 so much? That game is crap!"...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Even thought i'm willing to give the reboot or whatever a chance, i will try to be objective and if it ends up being crap, i'll go ahead and say so.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
:confused: why is anyone still talking about this? is there really anything else to say about DmC at this point. negitive feelings are understandable, but everything that can be said at this point has been said a hundred times. like it or don't. there in no need to say what has already been said. new information will be released eventually then there will be something new to talk about related to DmC. until then there is no need to talk about old subjects when everything has been said.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
its been awhile sense i been here the site looks great . i'm not ranting here so i just wanna make sure i get that out. after reading other comments in different forums from people thats against this reboot and people thats for it because capcom said its dante in another universe. OK capcom is lying to u so the heat from this will cool down. they have told us the fans 3 different lies. the 1st was it was dante in another universe. the 2nd one was it was dante before he was known as dante and the 3rd one that it was a prequel to 3 then finally they just said it was a reboot. now read carefully on this.
if it was a prequel then he would still have white hair because he was born with white hair n blue eyes. he always had the sword rebellion because sparda gave him that sword he had it in 2 thru 4 and he always love the red trench coat look he has worn it in all 4 games and the series and novels. some of you gonna say o he dyed his hair when he use to be called tony Redgrave there's a answer for that umm no he didn't i went back watch the series in vol 2 of the series someone that knew dante when he was a kid n went under that name popped up n ask for his help n he called dante tony but never mentioned his hair being different. he said i know its you tony because u got the same personality n he had the same hair and style when they were kids and people who read the novel said when he went under the name tony he still had white hair so it wouldn't make sense if he's hair turns white during the gameplay and speaking of gameplay they're using the unreal engine so its gonna be slow....

How slow will it be? like the God of War or Heavenly sword???
Because that's too slow for a DMC game! Dante should move fast like the other DMC games!!

I didn't know about the unreal engine.. and if it's slow than it will be the worst game ever!*(for me).
Because Dante must move fast with fast combo's that will make you enjoy or make you feel cool when you playing it! Like the NT said in the intervju!!
If it's not true then they have truely lied about that..

Just have to wait till the demo comes out..

aka958

Don't trust people
If not the unreal engine = slow?

I don't believe in that one bit. Frostbite and whatever engine Crytek uses is both very smooth. <.<

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

Well done for trying to balance a 'trollish' rant btw.

I gotta agree with MV.
even if i hate this, it's in the collection anyway.
I personally think Capcom could've chosen better than NT. (And i wouldn't have chosen EA either.)

if know anything about the British and their style u would know that their still stuck in the 80's same as some of their music now i'm not hating on them because some of their shows are good like the show Jekyll, demons, the It crowd, and torch wood. n i like def leppard songs but listening to their slang and clothing choice their stuck in the 80's lets be honest here.

I gotta say that I must be listening to different music to you, and dressed in completely different clothing.
Hell, i wish it was the 80's the music was better back then. Dante looks like a member of Duran Duran (80's group if you didn't know) anyway before this reboot, if anything this new Dante looks like he came out of the Punk era (late 1970's).

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
What I am going to say is, I am absolutely hoping, that when they release DMC reboot. It is not a reboot series it is actually the REAL dante as we know and love him. Only him as someone who has not come on terms with his demon half. therefore acting rebellious against "all that is right" I hope that is a lead up to the 3rd game.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
y'know lately I've stopped caring if its a reboot or not...this is just like when 4 was announced with Nero as the lead instead of Dante, so to avoid the same stupid feeling I had last game...I'M GETTIN IT!! :D

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I'm still personally not buying this at all.

Capcom lost some sales from me with DmC.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
I'm gonna give the reboot a try! There's no harm in doing so. And I for one, don't listen to other people's opinions. I make my own.

Yeah I know..I'm weird like that xD

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Nothing wrong with that. You are supposed to follow your own judgement.

I did.

Oh I know nothing's wrong with it, I was being sort of a..ahem...smartass when I said that hehe. You guys will find that I ooze sarcasm :p

I just don't get how people could base their opinion about something, off of someone else's opinion. Watch the movie/play the game/whatever before you form your own opinion.

Reactions: Meg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom