• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This still makes no sense to me...

Viper

Premium
It seemed Arkham had some data on how to go around the tower, and it's possible there was more than one path or there was more than one way to open doors. If Vergil were alone, I gather he would have to do it the same way as Dante.

Or it's just one of those big bad plot holes. :meh:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
For all we know, a good look at the cutscenes or the wikia could explain it.

Or maybe the key to getting somewhere else in the tower is the Yamato. It was Sparda's sword, after all, and it can open/close hell gates. So why wouldn't it be able to open something in the tower? Hell, if it can cut through time and space, maybe Vergil found a way to use it to get somewhere else.

Anyway, making a trolling comment about how we're 'not supposed to question it' (''Arkham had the book. Now stop asking questions.'') isn't helpful. You've often criticized DMC for (possible) plotholes and ridiculed DMC fans for ignoring them, but many things in DmC's plot don't make sense either - does that mean I should start trolling about it? You'd be the first to cry wolf.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Arkham had the book. Now stop asking questions.

Yes but he is entitled to put out his points/observations. I take it that your post probably wasn't intending to come across in a trolling way, but please be careful as to how you may word certain things as not everybody gets the correct context in which they were meant.

@Lord Nero: I know you have good intentions, but please don't try to make a bigger problem out of a smaller problem. It doesn't help. That's what we're here for.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I take it that your post probably wasn't intending to come across in a trolling way, but please be careful as to how you may word certain things as not everybody gets the correct context in which they were meant.
You're right, it wasn't. A harmless joke, that's all it was. It's just that everyone else keeps saying "it's not about the story," so I figured, why not "agree" with them for once? A post written with a "straight face" is hardly cause for alarm.

Wow, nero's had it out for me since his brother Lionheart1991 quit...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Vergilius: I was able to make that out. Where I was coming from is that others may not of got that. No real harm caused. But either way lets not try to make this the place for a personal war between you and Lord Nero.

Back to the topic at hand. I don't wish to see this thread go astray. Thank you.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Back to the topic at hand. I don't wish to see this thread go astray. Thank you.
Of course. This is no time for personal grudge matches.

Vergil most likely cleared the way for Arkham while his partner took care of everything else.

Edit: To be honest, I really can't imagine a more complex scenario then that. They didn't exactly explain how magic works in that universe other than describing it as "sacrifice" and "black arts."

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It appears Arkham knows a lot about the tower. It seems even more than Vergil himself. That book he carries supposedly contains a lot of info about Temen Ni Gru. In a couple of cutscenes we saw him opening the doors for Vergil reading the book.

And @Sunny is right, if Vergil were alone, he would have had to travel through the tower just like Dante did. Remember what he said after killing Arkham, just after the Lair of Judgment was opened: "Now that the final door is open, I have no use for you"

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You know, this isn't really anything we should be thinking about as it's just Devil May Cry being a video game. Running around levels finding special items to mate together and give birth to progress.

It is funny to think that this stuff actually is relevant to whatever's going on though. I have. I imagine Mundus in DMC 1 when I'm playing, just watching me run about tinkering with things while he snickers at all the crap he has me do to just open a door.

Cranberry

Maker of cookies
You know, this isn't really anything we should be thinking about as it's just Devil May Cry being a video game. Running around levels finding special items to mate together and give birth to progress.

It is funny to think that this stuff actually is relevant to whatever's going on though. I have. I imagine Mundus in DMC 1 when I'm playing, just watching me run about tinkering with things while he snickers at all the crap he has me do to just open a door.

I think about that too! And then get the creeps because I feel like I am being watched!

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Well, there's a very clear explanation for this, we have to dig deeper into the DMC lore. *Grabs an atlas and holds it upside down* Here on page 7, we have this very clear photograph.
I+think+bigfoot+is+blurry+that+s+the+problem+it+s+not+_dd8006378857f2795dc2459e31598bf6.jpg

Bigfoot. Its the only goddamn explanation.
It fills in ALL THE PLOTHOLES!!

Top Bottom