• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This still makes no sense to me...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Can someone explain to me how Vergil and Arkham traversed the Temen-ni-Gru? Dante had to gather keys and demonic artifacts n **** while they kinda just strolled on through.
im assuming there are multiple paths towards the top and Vergil just found a shorter one ( he probably did fight other guardians tho).

While not as much as Arkham, Vergil probably knows more about the Temen-ni-gru and the supernatural side more than Dante so that probably aided him with traps etc. After the climax he just used the same way as before, now clear because of what he did before.

DMC3 is interesting as the bad guys are in the same boat as the good guys since Temen-ni-gru is as much an enemy to them as it is to Dante and Lady which is easier to make a campaign for Vergil and Arkham (in theory).

hope this helps.

Goldsickle

Because of gameplay mechanics and script.
If Dante wanted to, he could just steal Lady's bike and ride up along the walls to bypass a lot of the floors.

But for the sake of having waves of combat, puzzles, boss fights and platforming, Dante has to take the longer route.

scionicspectre

Didn't they stand atop when tower was rising from the ground?

I presume the tower was slightly above ground since Vergil enters the tower from outside in the opening scenes to Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. I wouldn't doubt that the top was only one level above at that point. I presume Vergil and Arkham had enough power to raise the tower initially, either through Yamato and the amulet or some incantation from Arkham (or both).

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I presume the tower was slightly above ground since Vergil enters the tower from outside in the opening scenes to Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. I wouldn't doubt that the top was only one level above at that point. I presume Vergil and Arkham had enough power to raise the tower initially, either through Yamato and the amulet or some incantation from Arkham (or both).
Yeah that what I thought. You never see him traverse lower floors, so he probably started at top and had easier way to get to the centrum

Top Bottom