• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

V speculation!

Vspawn

Hey guys, with the new DMC game coming out, I'm pretty hyped and excited to be back (last time I was active was 5 years ago!!). So i wanted to start speculating about the game and I though the new character V would be a good place to start. Just to be clear these aren't theories, just me toying with the idea of who he might be, I personally find theories quite cringey cause people ending up extrapolating stuff way to much and are so confident in their bat **** crazy theories that it's just sad when disproved. So here goes:

1. First option. He is just another random ass ordinary new character. An average citizen of the DMC world who puts on pants one leg at a time, puts cereal before milk, hates pineapple on pizza and summons demons here and there. Just some ordinary kid with tattoos.

2. Vergil's son! (other son). Up until today I wasn't aware that nero was confirmed to be vergil's son, this bit of info kinda hurts this "theory". But in any case. His name being V is the only reason that leads me to think this might be the case. It was a way for capcom to tease us that vergil is playable, by namig him V. I think they wanted us to think V is in fact vergil. I think its much more likely that he is vergil's son (second son). He could just be the offspring of vergil and some witch who can summon demons (who in turn teaches their son to summon demons). It might be interesting if vergil uses him or his mother to return from wherever he was after DMC1. We dont know how many years its been since DMC1 so it is possible that vergil met this woman after his defeat and she has been helping him get back on his feet. V does seem younger and scrawnier than nero so he just might be the younger brother!? Plus this might just switch DM from sons of sparda to sons of vergil! In the end this is quite a stretch but this is just my speculation of his character. I doubt its the real thing

3. Dante's son!. Pretty much no logical reason for him to be dante's son, but still an interesting thought. He could have named him V in memory of vergil. He may have black har cause of lady's genes. who knows? it would be weird for this to be true as there is no mention of him during DMC4. He could be some other black haired women's child that dante didn't know about.

4. Saw a theory that he is nero's clone/split personality. Not a big fan of that theory but hey anything can happen!

Really excited to know more about V, I hope he is a good character with a good back story. The leaks say that this game may conclude the sons of sparda storyline, so the next games may just be about nero and V as rivals. Lets see what happens and let me know what you guys think.

DarkSlayerVergil

Hey guys, with the new DMC game coming out, I'm pretty hyped and excited to be back (last time I was active was 5 years ago!!). So i wanted to start speculating about the game and I though the new character V would be a good place to start. Just to be clear these aren't theories, just me toying with the idea of who he might be, I personally find theories quite cringey cause people ending up extrapolating stuff way to much and are so confident in their bat **** crazy theories that it's just sad when disproved. So here goes:

1. First option. He is just another random ass ordinary new character. An average citizen of the DMC world who puts on pants one leg at a time, puts cereal before milk, hates pineapple on pizza and summons demons here and there. Just some ordinary kid with tattoos.

2. Vergil's son! (other son). Up until today I wasn't aware that nero was confirmed to be vergil's son, this bit of info kinda hurts this "theory". But in any case. His name being V is the only reason that leads me to think this might be the case. It was a way for capcom to tease us that vergil is playable, by namig him V. I think they wanted us to think V is in fact vergil. I think its much more likely that he is vergil's son (second son). He could just be the offspring of vergil and some witch who can summon demons (who in turn teaches their son to summon demons). It might be interesting if vergil uses him or his mother to return from wherever he was after DMC1. We dont know how many years its been since DMC1 so it is possible that vergil met this woman after his defeat and she has been helping him get back on his feet. V does seem younger and scrawnier than nero so he just might be the younger brother!? Plus this might just switch DM from sons of sparda to sons of vergil! In the end this is quite a stretch but this is just my speculation of his character. I doubt its the real thing

3. Dante's son!. Pretty much no logical reason for him to be dante's son, but still an interesting thought. He could have named him V in memory of vergil. He may have black har cause of lady's genes. who knows? it would be weird for this to be true as there is no mention of him during DMC4. He could be some other black haired women's child that dante didn't know about.

4. Saw a theory that he is nero's clone/split personality. Not a big fan of that theory but hey anything can happen!

Really excited to know more about V, I hope he is a good character with a good back story. The leaks say that this game may conclude the sons of sparda storyline, so the next games may just be about nero and V as rivals. Lets see what happens and let me know what you guys think.
I'm more in favor of V being Dante & Lady son since they are my otp. Also it'd be cool for Nero to have a cousin but I honestly don't see this happening.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
50% chance of it being Vergil (best option)
50% chance of it being someone new

I rather it not be someone connected to the sparda family.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
It's Vergil, dude. Lots of hints pointing to it being true, especially the clothing that he wears under the hood. V also may also refer to Vergil.

Capcom and Itsuno didn't make that scene just so they can reveal an entirely different character. That's just dumb. That's just stupid.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I actually kind of like this idea of Mundus having a daughter, especially if she's playable and imagine how cool she'd look with the whole triclops look.

yep, i really like this idea too.. and same as you, i really like the looks of V..

but damn, imo the name V isn't really doing it, since it leads us to believe it got something to do with vergil.. that name kinda limit the speculation for me

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's Vergil, dude. Lots of hints pointing to it being true, especially the clothing that he wears under the hood.

Yes, it's pretty much clear now that the hooded guy is Vergil. But if you're saying that V is also Vergil, and you're using the clothing as the backup for that theory, I'm afraid it doesn't hold up. Vergil appears to be wearing almost the same attire as DMC3/4SE, just darker in color (you can see his sleeves' cuffs and the familiar gloves in that frame where he's about to throw Nero), whereas V has a sleeveless coat. That, plus the fact that his arms are covered in tats, has black hair, and his boots don't match the hooded man's, makes a pretty good set of clues pointing to the opposite direction. Ergo, he's not Vergil.

Unless they pull some kind of "reincarnation into another body" type stuff, but I don't see it right now.

Capcom and Itsuno didn't make that scene just so they can reveal an entirely different character. That's just dumb. That's just stupid.

Why? It's pretty clear that they wanna keep V's identity a mystery till release. Assuming that you're right about him being Vergil, the stupid thing would be leaving such a blatant clue out there for anyone to see in the very first trailer.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes, it's pretty much clear now that the hooded guy is Vergil. But if you're saying that V is also Vergil, and you're using the clothing as the backup for that theory, I'm afraid it doesn't hold up. Vergil appears to be wearing almost the same attire as DMC3/4SE, just darker in color (you can see his sleeves' cuffs and the familiar gloves in that frame where he's about to throw Nero), whereas V has a sleeveless coat. That, plus the fact that his arms are covered in tats, has black hair, and his boots don't match the hooded man's, makes a pretty good set of clues pointing to the opposite direction. Ergo, he's not Vergil.

Unless they pull some kind of "reincarnation into another body" type stuff, but I don't see it right now.
Everyone keeps harping on the "V," as a new character or a potential third character. I do see a third character in this image:
12b84275b71ec813e2718e35f9db539c.jpg

But, I don't think he has anything to do with anyone in the series. Black hair, Tattoos (Who the f*@& does tattoos in DMC?)
Why? It's pretty clear that they wanna keep V's identity a mystery till release. Assuming that you're right about him being Vergil, the stupid thing would be leaving such a blatant clue out there for anyone to see in the very first trailer.
Because the whole point of a trailer is to get people excited for the game. Everyone thinks it's Vergil in that arm twisting, out of the socket scene. In fact, it would void the whole scene in DMC4 where Dante tries to retrieve the sword from Nero, but ends up telling him he can borrow it. There's a reason for it, but it wasn't clear as to why. But we know now, that Vergil is Nero's father. That explains why Dante had no problem allowing him to keep the sword after the fight.

A part of me feels like they met for the second time, and Dante wanted to test Nero's fighting skills before he's confident that it's Vergil's seed.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
yep, i really like this idea too.. and same as you, i really like the looks of V..

but damn, imo the name V isn't really doing it, since it leads us to believe it got something to do with vergil.. that name kinda limit the speculation for me
it mostly really related to Vergil...buuuuut I hope Capcom could take a note and consider somebody not coming form Sparda lineage as playable character. So far the only char. was Lady

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
it mostly really related to Vergil...buuuuut I hope Capcom could take a note and consider somebody not coming form Sparda lineage as playable character. So far the only char. was Lady
Except, it was established in DMC3 that she insists that she's Arkham's daughter, although not a lineage of Sparda, he's still demon.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But, I don't think he has anything to do with anyone in the series. Black hair, Tattoos (Who the f*@& does tattoos in DMC?)

That's... exactly what I'm saying. I'm confused, are you agreeing with me now or...? :hungover:

Because the whole point of a trailer is to get people excited for the game.

Well damn. Between the very fact that DMC5 is a thing, that Dante's back, and Vergil is too, there's plenty of stuff to be excited about.

it would void the whole scene in DMC4 where Dante tries to retrieve the sword from Nero, but ends up telling him he can borrow it. There's a reason for it, but it wasn't clear as to why. But we know now, that Vergil is Nero's father. That explains whyDante had no problem allowing him to keep the sword after the fight.

Ok, I'm confused once again... First of all, how exactly is this an argument in support of the theory that V is Vergil?

Second, how does that scene get nullified by Vergil taking Nero's arm, and Yamato with it? Just because Dante deems Nero worthy of keeping the sword, doesn't mean Vergil does.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
That's... exactly what I'm saying. I'm confused, are you agreeing with me now or...? :hungover:
lol. damn dude, you're funny!
Well damn. Between the very fact that DMC5 is a thing, that Dante's back, and Vergil is too, there's plenty of stuff to be excited about.
Well, I'm confused. What are YOU arguing about? You just admitted that Vergil's in there! lol
Ok, I'm confused once again... First of all, how exactly is this an argument in support of the theory that V is Vergil?
The logo is "V" and points to Nero, my guess is that the logo is pointing to a reveal of the Devil Trigger. Nero's own. So far, we've only seen a figment of Vergil's Devil Trigger in DMC4. What happens when Vergil absorbs Devil Bringer, and takes Yamoto out? Does it change the powers? Does it change Devil Trigger?
Second, how does that scene get nullified by Vergil taking Nero's arm, and Yamato with it? Just because Dante deems Nero worthy of keeping the sword, doesn't mean Vergil does.
That's the thing! He'd be ****ed off! That means, to take that arm off Nero, would be more than justified.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, I'm confused. What are YOU arguing about? You just admitted that Vergil's in there! lol

My brain is melting right now. LOL

Alright, just to clarify, your original post gave me the impression that you think V is Vergil because of their clothing. I, in turn, argued that that's not a valid reason to believe so, as I explained in my reply, and that I think V is not Vergil at all, despite the fact that Vergil is also in the game. Should be clear now. XD

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
My brain is melting right now. LOL

Alright, just to clarify, your original post gave me the impression that you think V is Vergil because of their clothing. I, in turn, argued that that's not a valid reason to believe so, as I explained in my reply, and that I think V is not Vergil at all, despite the fact that Vergil is also in the game. Should be clear now. XD
No, it's more like the clothing, and the "V" logo are pointing to Nero. It revolves all around the story between Vergil and Nero. The clothing is just one hint that shows it's Vergil. The "V" logo points at Nero, and notice that the logo shows two different kinds of colors, and it's "angelic?" Chances are, Nero attains a different kind of power, that also uses Devil Trigger. The third character does not have anything to do with either Dante or Nero in the story, but rather have to do with a Sparda [I mean, one that's not Vergil or any one of the ladies, kinda like how Arkham has a relationship with Vergil, but isn't part of the Sparda lineage.] Whatever references "V" is pointing to, is either Vergil, Nero, or either one's sons. You guys said that, but I don't think that's what the "V" refers to. I think the "V" refers to a part of the story.

That "V" logo as Itsuno has been saying in that translated interview (the reddit one), is a major hint. That's how I arrived at this thought.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Except, it was established in DMC3 that she insists that she's Arkham's daughter, although not a lineage of Sparda, he's still demon.
Arkham wasn't technically a demon though. He was sorcerer, that turned into demon in DMC3. Also I mean exactly Sparda relatives.

Senbon

We only saw vergil under a hood. He could easily cjange his clothes through the story. Maybe being corrupted for so long had effects such as dying his hair black. I haven't seen a clear enough picture of that tattoos on vs arms. Could they be vains like the ones he has on his face ?

Top Bottom