• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

V speculation!

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
We only saw vergil under a hood. He could easily cjange his clothes through the story. Maybe being corrupted for so long had effects such as dying his hair black. I haven't seen a clear enough picture of that tattoos on vs arms. Could they be vains like the ones he has on his face ?
The trailer also shows a part of his face, so we know it's him.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
We only saw vergil under a hood. He could easily cjange his clothes through the story. Maybe being corrupted for so long had effects such as dying his hair black. I haven't seen a clear enough picture of that tattoos on vs arms. Could they be vains like the ones he has on his face ?
but I think person in the cover doesn't wear hoody, so it most likely different person from vergil. Also if you compare body build, Dante appears to be much more bulkier than V so I suppose they aren't even look similiar.

DarkSlayer54

I'd want Vergil to be the third playable character... don't really like the idea of having to wait for the special edition for that to happen.

Although, heck... I hope any additional characters will just be DLC. Would be nicer to just buy Vergil a year down the line, instead of re-buying the whole game again.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I'd want Vergil to be the third playable character... don't really like the idea of having to wait for the special edition for that to happen.

Although, heck... I hope any additional characters will just be DLC. Would be nicer to just buy Vergil a year down the line, instead of re-buying the whole game again.

being officially announced having 3 playable chars, that is unlikely.

but taking note from vergil's downfall, it's more of a chance we'll be getting vergil's uprise dlc - - get it? get it? hoho

playing as vergil and tells his journey within the SAME timeline of dmc 5.. finally..

DarkSlayer54

being officially announced having 3 playable chars, that is unlikely.

but taking note from vergil's downfall, it's more of a chance we'll be getting vergil's uprise dlc - - get it? get it? hoho

playing as vergil and tells his journey within the SAME timeline of dmc 5.. finally..

That would be pretty darn awesome. I'd love to see a Vergil story DLC... but, I'd be picky about it. I'll be critical about the base game as well - I expect all missions to be playable by all characters. Likewise, I'd expect Vergil to be playable in the base campaign if he got his own DLC.

Vergil's Downfall was a huge letdown for me. Vergil was pretty darn fun, but having him locked to his own missions got boring so quickly. Especially since I disliked most of his levels, and there weren't many of them to begin with. Having a short campaign is fine with me, and I actually prefer it if it means having a ton of replayability.

absolitude

That would be pretty darn awesome. I'd love to see a Vergil story DLC... but, I'd be picky about it. I'll be critical about the base game as well - I expect all missions to be playable by all characters. Likewise, I'd expect Vergil to be playable in the base campaign if he got his own DLC.

Vergil's Downfall was a huge letdown for me. Vergil was pretty darn fun, but having him locked to his own missions got boring so quickly. Especially since I disliked most of his levels, and there weren't many of them to begin with. Having a short campaign is fine with me, and I actually prefer it if it means having a ton of replayability.

we've had vergil playing the same missions as the main lead, while it's fun, it doesn't do justice to him. has nothing to do with his story - not sure about him in 3, didn't have the chance playing him there

and altho it may have disappointed you, the downfall was more appreciated than the main game. realistically, this could lead capcom to consider that. and yeah i can see how it didn't have ton of replayability

all in all, it's better than not playing him at all

Last edited:

DarkSlayer54

we've had vergil playing the same missions as the main lead, while it's fun, it doesn't do justice to him. has nothing to do with his story - not sure about him in 3, didn't have the chance playing him there

and altho it may have disappointed you, the downfall was more appreciated than the main game. realistically, this could lead capcom to consider that. and yeah i can see how it didn't have ton of replayability

all in all, it's better than playing him at all

No reason not to hope for both. It's a lot of work, no doubt... but I definitely think DLC characters should have their own story, as well as being compatible with the base campaign.

They may need to add warp pads to allow them to skip impossible sections, but that extra effort goes a long way for me.

DarkSlayerVergil

I was doing some thinking during work and it came to me. What if "V" actually supposed to stand for Vampire, like I know this random and all but could you imagine if it?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I read your post, watched it, and thought "pretty much what I said."

It has something to do with the Devil Bringer. The hint was very clear; Vergil wants to get out of Devil Bringer, or Yamoto. Either that, or the Devil Trigger possessive character or spirit.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So people already theorise about him being younger Vergil. Is his hair really white or is it only things people wanted to see?

Veloran

I think the most likely scenarios are that he's either a new character entirely, or he's Vergil in some regard.

In terms of that second possibility, the leading speculation is that it's Vergil's soul possessing a different body. If it's a human's body, this would explain why his gameplay revolves around summoning demons rather than fighting personally, since it's too weak physically to beat Demons head on.

As for the other Vergil that is actually his body, let's say that this is basically a soulless husk being controlled by the main villain, who retrieves Yamato from Nero's arm in order to open a tear into the Demon World and help nourish the Demon Tree. Maybe this Vergil is effectively a complete amnesiac, but sill retains part of Vergil's personality (Akin to Nelo Angelo), which is why he doesn't kill the defeated Nero.

I think this is far and away the most likely scenario based on what we currently know, and it makes sense if we consider the existence of the original Nelo Angelo to be that of Vergil's soul trapped within the armor by Mundus, which is the case as presented in DMC4. So effectively, in order to make Vergil his pawn, Mundus separated Vergil's soul from his body, leaving each incomplete and easier to control.

DarkSlayer54

I think this is far and away the most likely scenario based on what we currently know, and it makes sense if we consider the existence of the original Nelo Angelo to be that of Vergil's soul trapped within the armor by Mundus, which is the case as presented in DMC4. So effectively, in order to make Vergil his pawn, Mundus separated Vergil's soul from his body, leaving each incomplete and easier to control.

Personally, that wouldn't make sense for me. Vergil's body was inside of Nelo Angelo's armor, and you can see that in the cutscene when you get a good look at his corrupt face.

The only thing they made clear in DMC4, was that Vergil's soul was transformed, and only a portion of his original being lives on in Nelo Angelo.

Veloran

Vergil's body was inside of Nelo Angelo's armor, and you can see that in the cutscene when you get a good look at his corrupt face.
The face could just have been manifested by his soul. Anyway, on top of all the Angelo stuff, DMC4's recap says "for within the demon's body rests the soul of Vergil", which to me makes it clear that the "demon's body" is separate from Vergil's soul.

DarkSlayer54

The face could just have been manifested by his soul. Anyway, on top of all the Angelo stuff, DMC4's recap says "for within the demon's body rests the soul of Vergil", which to me makes it clear that the "demon's body" is separate from Vergil's soul.

I just interpreted that as saying that Nelo Angelo was no longer Vergil. I definitely think the body is still the same.

absolitude

I think the most likely scenarios are that he's either a new character entirely, or he's Vergil in some regard.

In terms of that second possibility, the leading speculation is that it's Vergil's soul possessing a different body. If it's a human's body, this would explain why his gameplay revolves around summoning demons rather than fighting personally, since it's too weak physically to beat Demons head on.

As for the other Vergil that is actually his body, let's say that this is basically a soulless husk being controlled by the main villain, who retrieves Yamato from Nero's arm in order to open a tear into the Demon World and help nourish the Demon Tree. Maybe this Vergil is effectively a complete amnesiac, but sill retains part of Vergil's personality (Akin to Nelo Angelo), which is why he doesn't kill the defeated Nero.

while i resent the idea because it's not as fun and not as surprising. but it does make the most sense..

yamato is needed to unleash hell and whatever that tree might need from it

name is V

V kinda have vergil's stance in that particular article

could be the corrupt entity separated from the vergil entity

yamato only reacts to vergil/sparda blood, hence the hooded vergil body is used, got some vergil in it

vergil's motive was never chaos right? only power, so the big boss can't be the vergil vergil

but will this deny a vergil dlc? like are we gonna play v, which in a way wont feel like playing vergil

Veloran

I just interpreted that as saying that Nelo Angelo was no longer Vergil. I definitely think the body is still the same.
I'm completely certain it isn't. After all, the Angelos were based on Nelo Angelo, and all of them are empty suits of armor animated by human/demon souls. That is very, very, very strongly suggesting that Nelo Angelo was demonic armor animated by Vergil's soul.

DarkSlayer54

I'm completely certain it isn't. After all, the Angelos were based on Nelo Angelo, and all of them are empty suits of armor animated by human/demon souls. That is very, very, very strongly suggesting that Nelo Angelo was demonic armor animated by Vergil's soul.

Seeing his face in the cutscene is enough for me to believe that his body was present within the armor, instead of just being a re-creation of his body. Only time will tell to see which theory is right... that is, if they explain it in DMC5. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom