• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

aka958

Don't trust people
Re: VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard yesterday that a character would be confirmed today. You beat me to it. xP

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium

For me is not an suprise.I readen that on Dissidia fan forum.
I also bear the scan of Vaan look in Dissidia Duodecim :
24nqtth.jpg

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?

Gee, great.

Couldn't have been someone, y'know, interesting, could it?

aka958

Don't trust people

Angelo Credo;288200 said:
Gee, great.

Couldn't have been someone, y'know, interesting, could it?

Lololololololol.

Vaan is my favorite character and others do like him, can't deny the fact that he is the main character of FFXII. I don't care if he isn't as "important" or whatever he is still the main character, and it's said he is popular in Japan.

So, he is interesting to many, too bad he isn't for you, maybe the next one that is revealed is more interesting. Until then you can rest assured you got yourself a punching bag for Duodecim. XD

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?

aka958;288201 said:
Lololololololol.

Vaan is my favorite character and others do like him, can't deny the fact that he is the main character of FFXII. I don't care if he isn't as "important" or whatever he is still the main character, and it's said he is popular in Japan.

So, he is interesting to many, too bad he isn't for you, maybe the next one that is revealed is more interesting. Until then you can rest assured you got yourself a punching bag for Duodecim. XD

Yeah. I get that others like him. But there's also a large portion of the fanbase that hate him with a passion purely because he's quite literally a younger, whinier, cardboard cut out version of Tidus who felt pretty much shoe-horned in at the last moment because someone in the dev team thought "Oh crap! We have too many manly male characters!"

Personally I'd have found Balthier or Basch to be much more fitting, considering they're generally more competent fighters for a start, but also because they're interesting.

I'll stick to Gabranth and keep beating down on Vaan. <_<

aka958

Don't trust people

Angelo Credo;288202 said:
Yeah. I get that others like him. But there's also a large portion of the fanbase that hate him with a passion purely because he's quite literally a younger, whinier, cardboard cut out version of Tidus who felt pretty much shoe-horned in at the last moment because someone in the dev team thought "Oh crap! We have too many manly male characters!"

Personally I'd have found Balthier or Basch to be much more fitting, considering they're generally more competent fighters for a start, but also because they're interesting.

I'll stick to Gabranth and keep beating down on Vaan. <_<

Well what I've seen from the fanbase that many are just whiners. There is just something from every FF that isn't as good as the FF they like and the majority of the fanbase hates some FF games for several reasons of their own. Making a comparison to Tidus with Vaan seems unfitting since they have nothing in common except some of their looks, Vaan do got a personality, and he is a manly man, just look at his abs and his OP stats.

Really, Vaan just didn't connect alot to the story at all. That's the main source of the hate, the others are just ways to make him look even worse. Him lacking connection to the story makes him an uninteresting character to know about in FFXII but there are Revenant Wings were I heard he was really interesting in and he also takes part in some of the Ivalice Alliance games as well.

I don't think Vaan come in just as a representant from FFXII but I think he comes in for an representant of the Ivalice Alliance which I haven't seen Basch in with the exception of FFXII. Balthier has taken part many times before and he would really be good to play as but... Getting Rinoa instead of Squall, Vivi instead of Zidane, Guy instead of Firion, -insert more examples- in the Dissidia game would've just felt odd. :\

How old was Tidus in FFX? :huh:

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades

Angelo Credo;288202 said:

LOL!Oh,you still got it mr.Credo!Oh,god!I'll be laughing for two weeks now.

AHem,Tidus was...18?I think...

aka958

Don't trust people

Devil Bane;288209 said:
LOL!Oh,you still got it mr.Credo!Oh,god!I'll be laughing for two weeks now.

AHem,Tidus was...18?I think...

Ahh... okay, thanks. ^_^

Whops! I just saw that Basch is in the Ivalice Aliance discounting Final Fantasy XII. My bad Credo. >.<
A reason why Basch and Balthier wasn't chosen: The counterpart of FFXII is Gabranth, who already has Basch's quickenings as his EX burst, making it difficult to use them both in game. Balthier has no relevance to Gabranth and thus the plot would be very very thin, Vaan has his hatred against Gabranth because he killed his brother Reks, which is the best choice for the best plot between FFXII's character with the exception for Basch.

Meg

I have found my punching bag! XD

aka958

Don't trust people

Meg;288215 said:
I have found my punching bag! XD

Then I'll challenge you with Vaan over an Adhoc party game and see if you can handle the punching bag then. xP

Meg

aka958;288220 said:
Then I'll challenge you with Vaan over an Adhoc party game and see if you can handle the punching bag then. xP

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pass you up on that offer.

aka958

Don't trust people

Meg;288254 said:
Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pass you up on that offer.

Awww... ;_;

Vaan vs. Lightning epic battle will never occur. :(

He would have Tidus as his assist and all! T_T
I-I-I had it all planned out and everything! *sobs*

Meg

^ Sorry man.

I wonder what other characters will be confirmed? There needs to be a villain from XII and XIII still. I'm hoping Rosch. :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;288279 said:
^ Sorry man.

I wonder what other characters will be confirmed? There needs to be a villain from XII and XIII still. I'm hoping Rosch. :D

Gabranth says hi. :p

They need a villain from XI to get at least two from XI. XIII should also get a villain but I'm unsure if that will happen.

Meg

aka958;288298 said:
Gabranth says hi. :p

They need a villain from XI to get at least two from XI. XIII should also get a villain but I'm unsure if that will happen.

Has Gabranth been confirmed? I don't remember seeing that anywhere? And XIII would have to have a villain because it would make no sense if it didn't.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^*CoughTrailercoucghPaybetterattentionatthecinematicsinsteadofjustyourselfLightningcoughcpugh*

Oh god,I should get some cough syrup.

And :

GabranthDissidia012.PNG

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Wow. I will have to miss that sequence. In my gameplay of Dissidia Gabranth is main character :). I like his skillset. Im really sorry for not having my Youtube account beacuse I have battle record in dissidia where Im taking Gabranth versus Chaos where i win in 2 minutes.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;288309 said:
Has Gabranth been confirmed? I don't remember seeing that anywhere? And XIII would have to have a villain because it would make no sense if it didn't.

Gabranth was in the first Dissidia, they won't exclude any of the previous characters, it wouldn't make sense if they did. :p

And yes, it would make some kind of sense since they won't even add even amount of characters to both sides. Remember that FFXI and FFXII didn't have two characters, Shantotto was supposed to be a cosmos character and Gabranth a chaos character but they were left without counterparts.
But since Lighting is in the story I think they will add an FFXIII villain to try to make up for it.

Top Bottom