• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil and Beowulf

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If you watch the cutscenes where Vergil uses Beowulf, you can see that the gauntlets and the greaves glow. But when Dante uses them, they don't.
Why do you think is that? My guess is that Vergil is the "legit" owner of Beowulf, being the one who killed the beast, and the Devil Arm recognizes him as its master.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Huh, now that I've watched some gameplay of DMC3 Dante using Beowulf, yeah it seems you're right.
And yeah, I think you're right about it recognizing Vergil as its master. After all, Dante never actually killed Beowulf, and so Beowulf's soul doesn't resonate with him as much. Dante can still use it, though, which is interesting. I suppose anyone from Sparda's bloodline would be able to use Beowulf... I guess that in death, he is as weak to Sparda (and his son Vergil) as he was in real life.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
beowulf glows for both dante and vergil. However, there is a known graphics bug on the PC version where the in-game gauntlets don't have any glow to them

pepodmc

beowulf glows for both dante and vergil. However, there is a known graphics bug on the PC version where the in-game gauntlets don't have any glow to them

I hope, someday, Capcom will do a port of the dmc 3 version of "Devil May Cry HD collection" to PC (like they did with RE4 ultimate HD edition), and that version runs on MT framework engine, so it would be more easier to mod (like dmc 4)

Top Bottom