• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil meets Nero

Viper

Premium
If the dream part from the novel is canon, Vergil wouldn't fight Nero when in a way he gave him the sword himself.
I'm thinking more like... 'sup, son, when are grandkids coming along?
Maybe, just maybe, there would be a fight for old man to see if the youngster is really good enough for the torch to be passed on. Cause I doubt he would trust Dante's judgement alone.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Wasn't there like no new information on the arbitrary blood relation in the Special Edition? I saw that final cutscene that just had jack and sh!t.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Steamy yaoi action.
image_by_raven_nught23-d7lza0o.jpg

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
If the dream part from the novel is canon, Vergil wouldn't fight Nero when in a way he gave him the sword himself.
Hmm, my question is :
If Vergil gave Nero Yamato, what devil arms he would give to his other children? If I remember well, Brea said Nero was "a " son of Vergil, not the son of Vergil, opening the possibility of him having more illegitimate children.

Viper

Premium
Hmm, my question is :
If Vergil gave Nero Yamato, what devil arms he would give to his other children? If I remember well, Brea said Nero was "a " son of Vergil, not the son of Vergil, opening the possibility of him having more illegitimate children.
One lucky kid got Beowulf... the rest probably got handed one summoned sword each. lol, no, maybe he had a storage of unused devil arms.

Reactions: Gel

Gel

Premium
One lucky kid got Beowulf... the rest probably got handed one summoned sword each. lol, no, maybe he had a storage of unused devil arms.
But it was uncle Dante who got Beowulf and probably sold it already.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Please can we try to take this a little more seriously.

I'd say that we have to assume and take into account (1) Vergil wants Yamato back (2) Nero 'could' be Vergil's son (3)Vergil wants Yamato back.

Yes, if Nero is Vergil's son then I'd say he'd only fight him on the grounds that he wants to witness Nero's power.

And if he isn't his son, then he'd fight him on the grounds that he wants Yamato back.

He'd only leave Nero with Yamato if he knew he'd be gone for good (and so forth) otherwise he'd want it back. Sparda left swords to Dante and Vergil, I'd only assume Vergil would do the same thing and leave Yamato with Nero.

Viper

Premium
But it was uncle Dante who got Beowulf and probably sold it already.
Honestly I never took the part of Dante finding Beowulf to be canon, there was no cutscene of him making it his devil arm like with the others and it would be strange that he just picks up his brothers stuff without stopping to think about the situation. To me it was more like a treat for the player.

Gel

Premium
Honestly I never took the part of Dante finding Beowulf to be canon, there was no cutscene of him making it his devil arm like with the others and it would be strange that he just picks up his brothers stuff without stopping to think about the situation. To me it was more like a treat for the player.
Probably, but dante never stops to think about anything ,as DMC4 proves.He just does the things.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Hmm, my question is :

Maybe instead of gaining unlimited power, he should be gaining unlimited magnums because he'll end up motivating his ass right into child support.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
it would be strange that he just picks up his brothers stuff without stopping to think about the situation.

We're talking about Dante. It's not like he didn't do things without "thinking about the situation" before.

Anyway, I dunno what to think about Dante having Beowulf. You got a point there. Also, would it really work that well with Dante, considering that Vergil is its proper master?

Nero

I think verg would want the sword back either way seeing as it's his and "it belongs to a son of sparda and no one else can have it" like he said in 3 about his half of the amulet though he did leave it behind as nelo though did he mean to or was he just not able to take it with him when he poofed? Until I know for sure I'd think he'd want it back unless he would want it to be left with only Dante then maybe he'd go with Dante's choice to give it to Nero only if he knew for certain he couldn't come back and if he could then a showdown over who gets it. Then would Dante side with Nero or would he want verg to get it back since it is his after all.

Gel

Premium
At this point Vergil is more dead than death.As much Nero will have to deal with a half brother who appears from nowhere and wants the Yamato for himself or Papa try to possess Nero , but crazy uncle saves the day.
At this point DMC has no official main writer and Capcom threw away the closest thing they had similar to a script.
Please, welcome Vergil, the Lancer.
(I'm being serious here!)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If he wanted it back he would take it, and we have seen his family loyalty so I doubt he would go easy on nero to get it.I believe he would leave him for dead and not toy with him like dante did.

Top Bottom