• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil Trick Canceling (with video)

Story

This may or may not have been posted tough I searched it so.. maybe not, anyway:

After playing around in Downfall at one point I accidentally cancelled rapid slash, after finishing my murdering spree and coming to my senses I did some testing and it turns out, you can cancel many moves with Vergil's Trick up 'n Down moves, so I did a little non edited demonstation video of it, it is similar to Dante's eryx cancel but this is a bit harder but can be used for more moves.
The above video is just a demonsrtation, there may be more useful ways to use this move so feel free to try it and share your findings.

How to: As with jump canceling as you land your desired attack hit one of the evade keys, then before Vergil can react and do the teleport, start a new attack, repeat many times for profit!
note: it can be tricky and awkward to do at first but easy to learn.

Gbraga

Great tech! I actually used it to cancel rapid slash, but only for traversal, never though about using it for combos lol

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I hope this never gets taken out, I mean you can do almost the same exact thing with JC with all of those moves you showed so no one can say it's really OP or anything.. I stumbled upon this type of canceling this morning as well. At first I thought I just saw something wrong or was spamming too many buttons and did something weird but I eventually got the hang of it too :p It's much easier for me to cancel with trick than with jumping with Vergil since I don't have to rebind any keys now... Also after playing VD for almost a day strait now I am coming to see myself just doing to same rotations though slightly varied so I needed to change a few things up, such as canceling even though I Was never too big a fan of it, to keep my interest in the game.

Onecrazymonkey1

Wow this looks amazing, thanks! I really need to go out and get a controller for my computer though, because I'm still having difficulties with the keyboard.

Judgement

Wow this looks amazing, thanks! I really need to go out and get a controller for my computer though, because I'm still having difficulties with the keyboard.

Yeah as soon as I bought DMC4 for my PC years ago I first and went out and bought a Logitech dual action and it didn't work so I went back that evening and got a gamestops version of an xbox controller for like $20.. best decision I ever made. Have used it in so many games. I still got my dual action Logitech though and it's nice because it's the only thing I can play my dmc3 se pc version with. I had dmc3 se for ps2 but downloaded it for pc since I only use pc now a days nothing else.

Onecrazymonkey1

Yeah as soon as I bought DMC4 for my PC years ago I first and went out and bought a Logitech dual action and it didn't work so I went back that evening and got a gamestops version of an xbox controller for like $20.. best decision I ever made. Have used it in so many games. I still got my dual action Logitech though and it's nice because it's the only thing I can play my dmc3 se pc version with. I had dmc3 se for ps2 but downloaded it for pc since I only use pc now a days nothing else.

Yeah I've turned into a PC gamer over the years and no longer even play my PS2 anymore, hell I don't even play my PS3 or xbox now. I've been waiting on getting a controller because I'm pretty picky over what I spend money on these days but I can't hold out any longer. I mean I've been playing the DMC games for years, so I'm not bad but the keyboard just makes me feel either like a n00b or a drunk. If anyone is able to play with a keyboard and gain complete mastery than I stand in awe ....or maybe I do suck lol

Judgement

Yeah I've turned into a PC gamer over the years and no longer even play my PS2 anymore, hell I don't even play my PS3 or xbox now. I've been waiting on getting a controller because I'm pretty picky over what I spend money on these days but I can't hold out any longer. I mean I've been playing the DMC games for years, so I'm not bad but the keyboard just makes me feel either like a n00b or a drunk. If anyone is able to play with a keyboard and gain complete mastery than I stand in awe ....or maybe I do suck lol

I don't know I can't find the pleasure or usefulness of using a keyboard and mouse for a dmc game opposed to a controller. I mean I played,and like to think I was a very good player, Vindictus and Continent of the Ninth with my keyboard and mouse which are both pc first person hack and slash yet mmoish games but 5x harder than dmc(at least C9 was since you had like 30 skills to cycle through plus many of them has chains and other uses blah blah...ect..) when it comes to fighting other players. I could master those two games so easily but when it comes to playing dmc on pc without a controller I kind of fail and feel at a loss...A controller just feels right I guess.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Yeah. It does feel right.

However, I believe that certain games like RTS and FPS require a keyboard & mouse.

I almost never play those genres though (except for Shogun: Total War and maybe Mirror's Edge or Deus Ex, among a scant few others) so, I'm sticking with the controller.

Well, I'm off. See ya.

Top Bottom