• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

vergil vs sephiroth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
>_< Gotta make me choose between my two favourite game characters haven't you. :lol:

Well, both are skilled swordsmen, but I think Vergil would come out on top, his Devil Trigger gives him a HUGE advantage, along with the fact that he gets regenerative powers along with it, whereas Sephiroth pretty much relys on strength alone.

Vergil has speed and power going for him, whereas Sephiroth has a 6 foot Katana and some sweet moves, Vergil's certainly got the upper hand, I think if the two were to go toe to toe, it'd be close though, Sephiroth could match Vergil blow for blow if he really tried, his strength could be said to overpower Vergil.

But like I said, Vergil has that one feature that clinches it for him, Devil Trigger, the second Vegil goes DT, Sephy gets pounded into the ground.

ManOfMayhem

Vergil would have the upper hand in my opinion as previously stated by Angelo with Vergils DT Sephiroth would get thrown out of the way and destroyed. XD

Crimson

Epic Failure
devil_slater.pr;102971 said:
who do you guys think that would win vergil or sephiroth:)

i think vergil would win cos he is so much bettr then sephiroth.
neros not that bad!

TheDoctor

The Oncoming Storm
Sephiroth would slaughter him. I don't think Devil Trigger would phase Sephiroth. Vergil probably wouldn't get a chance to use it as Sephiroth is that powerful and that fast.

Sparda™

This threads are kind of...well, repetitive.

Anyway, I personally think Sephiroth would wish for Vergil to ckill him fast and with the least pain possible. You can't match demons with Final Fantasy Characters, but yeah, hybrid demons are that powerful.

I can imagine Sparda not sweating It at all, and ripping Sephiroth and Cloud in the same time in pieces.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vergil.:)

1.He has Summoned Swords.That ability gives him a lot of advantage.
2.His Yamato can match Masamune's strength,despite different lengths.
3.If Vergil Devil Trigger to Nelo Angelo,say goodbye to Sephiroth.

(My assumptions,obviously.So don;t get mad at me.)

Keaton

Premium
I agree with many of the above.

Virgil has a superior being, sure Seph is pretty damn powerful, but Virgil has a) Judgement Cut b) DT and c) Summoned Swords.

Not only would DT speed up his healing but grant him a speed and power boost...sadly One-Winged blade Weilder doesn't stand a chance ^__^

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sephiroth in advent children was really powerful. He attained his full Angelic form. His actuall body is in a crystal so Sephiroth is now an angel, a being made of spirit energy, he can't truly be killed. Plus, he was a master swordsman and a powerfull spellcaster, he may just beat Virgil.

Evil Nero

Vergil is a lot quicker then sephiroth , believe me!
watch the DMC3 opening and compare with the cloud vs sephiroth fight and u'l see =]

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
If I'd have been asked the question, "Who win win in a fight out of Vergil and Sephiroth", about 9 years ago then I would have definitely said Sephiroth because I used to absolutely adore Final Fantasy VII when it came out... and Devil May Cry 1 hadn't even been released so I wouldn't have had any idea who Vergil was either. ^_^

Sephiroth was the absolute mutts nuts back in the day... takes me back...

Although, now, 'fraid I'm gonna have to root for Vergil. Go Vergil!

ManOfMayhem

That is kinda true. Vergil has speed aswell when he needs it. Vergil doesnt really try to fight. He plays around with whoever he is fighting. But if its serious like him vs Dante then he will have lots of speed.

Nel0Angel0

Look i like Vergil but c'mon if you said he'd win, either you don't know Final Fantasy or your'e just a ****tard. Vergil can change into Nelo Angelo all he wants but c'mon Dante ALONE was able to beat him!! 3 TIMES!!
While as with Sephiroth it took everyone to beat him with the help of Aeris' ultimate prayer. Bizzaro Sephy would be enough to KILL Vergil even as Nelo Angelo but if it came to it Sephy could STILL chang to Saraph Sephiroth (Safer is just a bad translation, Saraph is the actual term meaning seven winged angel). And besides if it came to it, Sephy could still use Meteor and kill every one and every thing LITERALLY!!!! Besides Virgil can only stay in his demon form for a short while and his Nelo Angelo form is gone since the demon world is locked away again and Mundus is too. Bottom line: SEPHY WINS HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koemi

half-breed
have anyone here played kingdom hearts as well? in KH2, sephy can do something similar to vergil: million slashes in a split second. and he can use "heartless angels". hm...

not sure, but still I agree with most people here: vergil probably has the upper hand. gosh, if these 2 characters are playable in the next soul caliber... also interested in the possibility of we play as dante against nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom