• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Opening Cinematic (SPOILERS)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I hope for more cutscenes!

Sorry to disappoint, but it's been confirmed that there will be just opening and ending. That's what they could afford doing with a limited budget. We all know that mocap cutscenes are expensive to make.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Sad that Vergil in DMC4 SE will have 2 cutscenes but well remembering DMC 3 SE where he only had opening intro its now better that those two in DMC 4 SE are into/ending, and not only the intro.

Creelien

True Spiritualist
What will be the Ending Scene? Vergil loses Yamato? Because Agnus had it and somehow the Order needed to get it.

Viper

Premium
What will be the Ending Scene? Vergil loses Yamato? Because Agnus had it and somehow the Order needed to get it.
Vergil's story is set before events of DMC3, so while we don't know what ending scene will be, he will walk off with Yamato in hand for sure.
Agnus found it much later, after Vergil had already ended up in demon world, I think the Deadly Fortune novel says it was washed ashore (but don't hold me on that).

Veloran

Vergil's story is set before events of DMC3, so while we don't know what ending scene will be, he will walk off with Yamato in hand for sure.
Agnus found it much later, after Vergil had already ended up in demon world, I think the Deadly Fortune novel says it was washed ashore (but don't hold me on that).
I actually think the ending of this will cut to AFTER the end of Devil May Cry 4. In the cutscene with Corrupted Vergil in the final boss room, the braincase that Kyrie was being held in had already been slashed open by Nero.

Viper

Premium
I actually think the ending of this will cut to AFTER the end of Devil May Cry 4. In the cutscene with Corrupted Vergil in the final boss room, the braincase that Kyrie was being held in had already been slashed open by Nero.
O.O Return of Vergil? It would certainly be a good business decision.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Really? Good Lord!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Now this is interesting. If this is not a sequel setup, I don't know what is.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
This would be dope.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If that was to happen. Wouldnt he be just normal vergil after being released.

Why? DMC4 is set after DMC1. So it would make sense that he's in his Corrupt appearance.

Although you never know, maybe he is "normal Vergil" in the cutscene and they were just using the Corrupt costume. Remember that costumes are visible in custscenes too in the SE.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Hmmm, isn't this one of those things a la Vergiliussaurus Fedorex someone speculated about, turning it viral?
While it is a good idea to think Vergil could be back someday, isn't it too good to be true? For now, at least?

nephlim god

Why? DMC4 is set after DMC1. So it would make sense that he's in his Corrupt appearance.

Although you never know, maybe he is "normal Vergil" in the cutscene and they were just using the Corrupt costume. Remember that costumes are visible in custscenes too in the SE.

I was thinking it could be post dmc4. I dont know why i immediately thought that but hey i do love to speculate and hope ha

Veloran

Really? Good Lord!
It's what I saw anyway. It looks like the triangular section that Nero cut away wasn't there, and the "skin" might even have been laying on the ground.

I really can't imagine when else a cutscene with Vergil in the Savior could take place anyway.

Creelien

True Spiritualist
What a nice story would it be for DMC5 that Corrupted Vergil returns and claims Yamato from Nero. They fight and Vergil gets Yamato. Later, Nero aquires his full DT form and in the end Dante-Vergil-Nero would fight against the Corruption which was separated from Vergil. :D

Top Bottom