• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Yamato (Katana)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakashi

aka Bindshooter1
What happend actually to his Yamato in the Fist DMC he had that Buster sword like weapon
Did he lose it ?Did Mundus destroy it :dry: ? Did some iditot steal it o_O ? I know it was he sword of sparda too(Yes Sparda Had a Katana too) it really interest me because i like his Yamato :(

Tyles

Re: Vergils Yamato(Katana)?

Well maybe his Buster Sword-like weapon as Nelo Angelo is his DT version of Yamato. But then again, Sparda had it in DMC1 when you play as him. So I don't know.

Noxotic

Sparda gave Yamato to Vergil, and gave Rebellion to Dante.
DMC1's Costume of Sparda, was only a COSTUME!
No story behind it so the Yamato IS Nelo's Sword, or as close as I can get too figuring it out, lol.

Kakashi

aka Bindshooter1

well his Yamato trun into a Zanbato really really huge sword these sword not only kill his enemy olso this horse (if the was riding one) that thing was not sharp just very very very heavy i wish i had one ^^

Lady

the missing piece

Yamato is always kept with Vergil no matter what. So, chances are whatever Nelo is using is probably a 'corrupt' version of Yamato.

and what's this about zanbatou?

Kakashi

aka Bindshooter1

Buster_Sword.JPG

thats a buster sword . A zambato is some thing like this but bigger and heavyer

Seigfried

Samurai Bartender

A zanbato, literaly "horse-slaying sword" or "horse-chopping saber"), also spelled zanbatou or zambatou, is an especially large type of fictional Japanese sword used by some characters in anime and video games. The weapon consists of a large, wide blade attached to a pole that the wielder holds.

Lady

the missing piece

yes, yes i know what it is don't worry.

I prefer the "zanbatou" spelling. There is no "m" in Japanese.. uH hmm yes, i guess it is "zanbatou"-ish. I wouldn't call it that though, but other than that what else would you call it? ;-;

Lady

the missing piece

haha, well i'm quite sure a person wouldn't use a zanbatou when fighting "draw style".

oh hm in the picture, that's Mori Ranmaru! Zanbatou goodness! :3

wicked_lester

hmmm...i think it is yamato, but maybe, like vergil, kinda made it look differant so Dante wouldn't realize who it was. if dante saw that this guy that was already strangely like his brother weilding a sword given to his brother by his father (really confusing sry!!!) he would almost be 100% sure who it was

Da Hustla

system of a down fan

when you have unlock curropt vergil at dmc 3 when you dt into nelo the yamato becomes a buster sword so actually the yamato is corupted

Vince

didn't someone said it was larger and heavier than a buster sword :O because its look like a longer katana.....

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World

Yamato, supposedly (in DMC1), had the will and power to dispell the darkness. Now that in mind it seems inconcievable that mundus could corrupt it, turn it into another sword or destroy it. I don't think that any idiot could steal it either as it's a demonic sword imbued with power way beyond that of Alastor and Ifrit from DMC and remember what they did to Dante.
What I figure was that Sparda's power was trapped in the demon world so when Vergil lost to Mundus, Sparda sealed Yamato away. It was later taken by an older Dante. The Dante we know as the Legendary Dark Knight, (the posh outfit for Dante in DMC1).:$

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Vince;3857 said:
didn't someone said it was larger and heavier than a buster sword :O because its look like a longer katana.....

ya.........................but its small when u dont do DT :p

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World

Da Hustla;3579 said:
when you have unlock curropt vergil at dmc 3 when you dt into nelo the yamato becomes a buster sword so actually the yamato is corupted

Do you actually believe that?:\ Well we all know that Vergil's yamato was a hit so Capcom decided that normal form corrupt vergil would keep it but in DT it becomes Nelo's sword. Also to go to the events in between DMC3's end and the birth of Nelo Angelo they'd have to go beyond the final eplogue of DMC3 which would probably take us into the events of another plan for DMC:O . Well that or Capcom couldn't be arsed in the first place.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
well...................at least Vergil is a good player, but i like more Nelo Angelo costum infitive..............if u want answers...............ask Capcom

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!

Seigfried;1787 said:
I don't think the Yamato is a Zanbatou as a it would then be extremely long like Sephiroth's sword. His is just a standard Katana type with its demonic enhancments. Then again, I could be wrong.

For those who do not know what it really looks like here is an image of a character who happens to be weilding a Zanbatou: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/Deity_Zeke/character_pop_10.jpg

:huh: Yamato is extremely long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom