• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was it really Devil May Cry 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
I've heard a lot of rumours going around recently (cannot for the life of me remember where I heard them:p) that DMC2 was not origonally going to be DMC2. Some people at Capcom where making a hack-n-slash with a similiar style to DMC (like a lot of them are now-a-days) with Lucia as the main character until someone at Capcam gave them Dante and the DMC licence and they just modified the game to includ Dante and make a second disk with all the levels reversed with a few new ones added in. Now this does sound stupid until you think about it...... First Dante has almost no lines and if you took him out would it effect Lucias game play all think much? Remake the cutscenes and your good to go. DMC2 has no connection to the other games, doesn't expand on the community or anything. The game machinacics and attacks have nothing in common with the first, like it was intented to be an entirly new game. And Thirdly DMC1 was supposed to be Resident Evil 4 origonally, so maybe someone in their head office thought they should do the same thing they did for 1 for 2.

If this is true what does it say about 3? The only DMC game intented to be DMC from the start:p.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Re: Was it really DMC2???

hhhmmm...................very cool recreate DMC2...................it would be crazy and awsome

machindix

They only say that because they thought DMC2 wasn't good enough to be in the DMC series. Lucia's character was never developed fully enough to actually be a protagonist, which means Capcom never intended on making her game.

I think that rumour's a terrible insult to the game designers. I mean, it's OK to say the designers did a lousy job at it, but saying that DMC2 was just an altered version of some other game really took away all their credit of hard work--making a video game is not as simple as that. It has to be done, one step at a time, from the scripts to the beginning art draft to the final programming. It take more team work than most poeple could ever imagine. You don't just slip things in and get another cheap game like that. (Yeah, I think the designers did put in a lot of effort into making DMC2. It's just that the results weren't all that satisfying.)

Besides, it's more reasonable to consider that Capcom only wanted DMC2 to follow RE's foot steps in hopes that it will gain the same popularity--RE2 also had a two-disk, two-playble character format.

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

Ah sorry i never thought of it that way, I just heard that rumour going around and wondered if it were true. But I was always curious why they changed the format so much when the previous one worked so well.

machindix

It's simple, they wanted DMC2 to be different from the first game, so they added a second character. The programmers toned down some of Dante's abilities in order to stress the distinction between the two fighting systems. (Personally, I think that's what ruined the game... DMC3 proved that step wasn't at all necessary...) It was sort of like an experiment, and Iike all experiments, failures often occur...

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

god point........................but DMC2 is a cool game..................it could be a failure for u.....................but for me is a cool game

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

I think my expectations were too high. I was expecting at the very least an equal to DMC1, which also didn't help that I generally disliked the DMC2 game was to pland for my tastes.

Curse

Cursed Girl

i beliwe we all had a blast playing DMC2 and it;s not worth now thinking about this ^^
we know it's a good game for us and we don't giwe a damn what stupid rumors say

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

good one..................good one
by the power.....bla bla......................it could have more missions...........more and cool weapons.................and more Powers :D

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

I don't give a s**t if it was DMC2 or not...it is not important in the story so i try to forget about DMC2

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

vergil130;5572 said:
???question????............. whats this thread about

As d4rkn1ght said I was just asking a bout a rumour, then it was answered and since then the threads gone run-abouts:p

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

ya.........................the only matters that the DMC2 is a cool game and i am not Denying

Stillborn

Devil's heart

Rumours are rumours. I bet they don't contain enything important.

But I never palyed DMC2, so I can't very know much about this part.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

go to the google............and write "Devil May Cry 2" and click on the images

Stillborn

Devil's heart

Dude... I can do that without insturctions. Watching pictures and playing game is two driffrent things you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom