• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
I jail broke my sister's psp for her, although i'm using it for my own benefits.
70bff581.gif

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It. Is. A. Blast. And listen to the soundtrack!

Apparently it's all synthetic. Holy cow! I remember playing Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and they had orchestrated soundtracks, but Dream Team is so exhilarating compared to them. Then again, Galaxy had a more relaxing tone and Skyward Sword more of a somber tone. Dragon's Crown and Muramasa: The Demon Blade all have great soundtracks. Actually, many games have great soundtracks like Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Call of Duty - there are some tracks that are really good considering Han Zimmer was on board for the games -, Metal Gear, Fire Emblem, etc. That said, one series that is slowing deviating from this is Battlefield. Bad Company 2 as far as I remember had a decent soundtrack that you could listen to sometimes and say "Oh, cool". Battlefield 3 began the whole shaking walls electronic-thing that was tolerable while Battlefield 4 just became a please shut the hell up, game. I don't rip on dubstep or any genre if I don't like it, but BF4's soundtrack, if you could even call it that, is just made up of rumbles. Really? I know there's some music out there that's bad or repetitive, but rumbles? Really?! I'd take screamo or heavy metal over that since at least there's some meaning from them even if it's about rocks falling or a paper bag in the wind. Anyway, I digress.

I really like Dream Team, no, I love the game even though I'm only 6 hours into it. What I really love is that early on, you get to see the love and loyalty Luigi has to his brother, Mario, and pretty much anyone who is dear or in need of help. Right now, I'm in an area where you can literally see Luigi's thoughts on screen. He admires his brother. He wants to be stronger like Mario. He admits his fears and states he conquers them - the idea of his fear of ghosts which began in Luigi's Mansion. He also wants to stay by Mario side whenever and not be left out in their adventures. I said this before and I'll say it again: Luigi is more of a hero than Mario and he's much more interesting.

Mario is not afraid of anything. Mario conquers pretty much anything with ease. Mario's the typical, stoic hero and personally, that's really becoming old and overused. Sadly, it's becoming more prevalent - just look at any game out there and will be released, there's tons of stoic badasses. Luigi, on the other hand is a coward, liar, exaggerator, or story-teller depending on your views; and somewhat arrogant in some games - the Paper Mario series. That's what defines Luigi: his faults. His clumsiness is humorous, but it shows Luigi is not a perfect person. His fears show us that Luigi isn't fearless, but courageous. His arrogance and want of attention show us that he's human and that he wants to be noticed for his actions. Dream Team begins with Luigi's character as this lovable, funny, clumsy, scaredy-cat, somewhat absent-minded guy who is also this loving, strong, courageous hero. Luigi would do anything to protect and help Mario, Peach, Yoshi, the Toads, anyone in need, and even Waluigi, Wario, and Bowser if they really needed help. It's about selflessness and self-sacrifice; Luigi ends up in the shadows, Mario gets the credit, but Luigi shows his heroism to us, the players. And sometimes, Luigi gets a little needy and greedy, but hey, wouldn't you after getting pretty much nothing for most of your actions? He's the underdog. The comic relief. The green guy with 'stache. The second banana. The little brother. The hero.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm trying to play Final Fantasy XIII-2, but so far, it's much worse than Final Fantasy XIII. Really a mess of a game.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with mods. I love things like silver elven armor and Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.

Oh, and GTA V, of course.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
dmc4 dante must die mode, resident evil 6 co-op, and black ops 2 zombies, plus a few lego games with my son:)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Ditching new game of Skyrim several times due to bugs around the 32 lvl, I'll go back to it when I'm less irritated

Top Bottom