• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
.hack//Infection.

Found it at a Book Off and decided to give it another try.

I have a funny story about this game. When I first bought this game all those years ago I had never played an MMO before but the game told me that you could have a group of people come with you. However what I didn't quite understand was that when a new person showed up I could call them and ask them to join and that was the way to gather a party. I thought I had to wait for them to call me up and say 'hey, wanna hang out.' So... Yeah, I beat the game by myself... B**ls hard I tell you.

I need to finish Tales of Z soon but, man, is it hard to stay focused on one game, specially when I only play like 6 hours a week.

You... You beat Skeith SOLO?!

surprise.gif~original

Anyway... I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Man I'm sad the third game never got made.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You... You beat Skeith SOLO?!

surprise.gif~original

Anyway... I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Man I'm sad the third game never got made.
I'm assuming so. I remember leveling up a hell of a lot with every boss fight, what, with me not having a posse and I definitely remember spending so much money and turns on healing items... so unfair. NOT THIS TIME!!

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I've been trying to get to playing DmC DE mission 5 for my let's play. But anytime I get the opportunity to play any games, I'm too tired to even connect the ps4.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Fallout 4 - looking forward to fixes though because as soon as there are more than 3 enemies on screen, it starts lagging.

Also still trying to work out why absolutely everyone aside from one old man is trying to kill me. Is it my snazzy outfit or perhaps my oversized bowler hat?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Rorona Plus.

I tried Totori Plus but I played it 3 times and couldn't figure out how to beat it. I was going to give up on all 3 but Rorona seems more straight forward.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
so i just got hatred on steam in this bundle
https://www.indiegala.com/monday
for $3

I'v played for an hour so far

and I'v got to say its pretty good... you know for a game were all you do i kill Innocent people and police/the army
but yeah what you see is what you get with the game
but its better then what i expected
not a whole lot better but still

i give it a 7/10 so far
nothing fantastic
nothing horrible

just a pretty good game about genocide

berto

I Saw the Devil
Rule of Rose.

I want the soundtrack to this. I forgot just how much old horror survival games left you to your own devices when it came to figuring out where to go next. I love it.

chubbz98

im a grown man Afraid to play dmc 1 at night
replaying all 3 deus ex games in anticipation for mankind divided,
having a blast. :happy:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just beat Rule of Rose. It was good but it wasn't worth $200.

I decided to look up more on what the deal was with this game, why is it so rare, so expensive. I used to own a copy, pre ordered on gamestop back in the day. As it turns out this title was a victim of sensationalism in Europe. Do to what I can only assume was word of mouth, because none of it was deserving, European medias began mass coverage of this game in the most negative light claiming it was 'an incarnation of sadism and perversion' and claiming that to beat the game one had to figure out the most heinous possible way to torture and ultimately kill a girl. Bull***t. None of that was true.

"The goal of the game is an unacceptable incarnation of sadism and perversion: raping a little girl in the most horrible conditions then torturing her before killing her in the worst of sufferings. The one who has acted with the most heinous ignominy, the most disgusting, wins the game."

Reading this and having beaten the game I can say with a straight face that these a'holes never actually played the game nor saw any of what they claim was in it because it wasn't. Again, I can only assume it was a matter of word of mouth. When you look at the opening of the game you can definitely see why people might worry about the game having themes of child exploitation but the game itself really does deliver a Grimm style fairy tale and not one of sex and most definitely not one of sexual violence against children.

Let's get this out of the way, the game was twisted, twisted the same way Grimm's fairy tales are twisted, the same way Lord of the Flies is twisted, which was the intention, and there were undertones of possible abuse but never was there any actual depictions of it. Ultimately it was a genuinely sad story about love and heartbreak, very sick and twisted in several places, but never gratuitous or graphic. It was not a child exploitation piece as the French and English journalist would want one to believe and never had anything remotely rape or torture of any little girl, the one getting tormented is the protagonist who happens to be 19.

While the game was slow and dragged on for most of the last few chapters I can honestly I was glad to have played it. The chapter you get for the good ending left a sense of tragedy and unfairness to the story that leaves one feeling heavy and melancholic, a rare feat in video games. Because of that I feel somewhat angry at all of this because all of this closed down a studio and left a very talented group of people looking for work elsewhere. I chug this as another victim of video games getting trampled under sensationalism by the mass media and painting them as these horrible things that they are not.

Meg

Super close to finishing Tales of Zestiria. I'm in the last area before the final boss. I just have to find my way through the maze and get to him.

I bought a few games today for Black Friday. I'm about to start playing Watch Dogs. We'll see how that goes.

UPDATE: Finished Tales. Holy crap that game was great. Might even be GOTY. I kinda don't know what to do with myself now. :'(

Last edited:

Aurelius

Bouncing back and forth between Saints Row 1 & 2. I'm also really happy that all of the DLC for the original Saints Row has been re-added to the Xbox Marketplace after 3 years of unavailability.

berto

I Saw the Devil
UPDATE: Finished Tales. Holy crap that game was great. Might even be GOTY. I kinda don't know what to do with myself now. :'(
Is there DLC for this? I have a whole extra set of trophies for a possible Alisha story but I've never seen it on the PS Store.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Tales of Zestiria, just beat a certain Seraph for the 3rd Time on High (trying to unlock chaos), man the boss music of that dude, daaaaamn, I love it.
If only the camera wasn't so ****ty...

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom