• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
@Loopy: You could just ask to drive the car again to compare the two cars. And just as you pull out, roll the window down and say "Bagsys, no returns".
I'd have to drive all the way back up to Oxford to get it. It's too much trouble to drive on the motorway twice in one day.

However, seeing the look on my sister's face as I drove off with the car would be funny. Besides, I'm sure she wouldn't mind as she would be getting a brand new car in exchange. She likes new things. For me, new things cause trouble.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Think i will try turn on my mums laptop and use our external keyboard to do some more writing/plotting.
May need to interrupt hub's bf play to get my stuff onto usb. Hopefully not necessary. But with my luck.

Also partially resolving myself to possibly getting my novels done for publishing instead of continuing my job. At this rate, the illness is getting worse week by week. This is day four of empty stomach. Longest stretch yet. My back has all sorts of knots and pinches. It usually takes me about two days to recover enough energy to do anything. And i have work tomorrow.

I need to put my gym membership on hold before i go even more into od.

Life likes beating me up for some reason :/

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Those weight loss commercials where they're all "buy our food and lose 5lbs in one week!" always make me roll my eyes. You'll also lose 5lbs in a week by eating properly and exercising, and you probably won't gain it back as quickly as you will when you're not getting food from the diet place anymore. :rolleyes:

...and this statement is slightly hypocritical considering more than half of my diet is healthy food and the rest is pure junk. *likes junk food too much so is very "meh" about it all**will just keep walking her 4 1/2 miles everyday*

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Those weight loss commercials where they're all "buy our food and lose 5lbs in one week!" always make me roll my eyes. You'll also lose 5lbs in a week by eating properly and exercising, and you probably won't gain it back as quickly as you will when you're not getting food from the diet place anymore. :rolleyes:

...and this statement is slightly hypocritical considering more than half of my diet is healthy food and the rest is pure junk. *likes junk food too much so is very "meh" about it all**will just keep walking her 4 1/2 miles everyday*
The other problem I have with adverts like that is people can easily plan their own healthy meals without paying a company to do it for them.

Also, why is is always women in these adverts for losing weight? Aside from that, those women look very pretty anyway and don't need to be smaller. They're probably the size that the fashion industry considers 'plus size' but they're certainly not obease or at an unhealthy weight.

Exejpgwmv

Then you don't truly understand quantum mechanics. :wink:
Really?
As far as I knew, quantum mechanics is an observation and inference on how the world works(On the atomic and subatomic scale.). And nothing I've seen about it has suggested that there needs to be an observer for it to occur.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Question:
Did quantum mechanics exist before it was observed?
Chew on that one.
Really?
As far as I knew, quantum mechanics is an observation and inference on how the world works(On the atomic and subatomic scale.). And nothing I've seen about it has suggested that there needs to be an observer for it to occur.

*blinkblinks* So...if it's an observation, then there has to be an observer to observe it? Is that it? Did I get it right? Cookies for me?

Thinking:
Ouch, my back hurts. I should probably go take a bath to relax it but I dun feel like getting up. ._.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In relation to some recent posts.

If a tree falls. Does it make a sound? Yes. There'd be a noise even if there was nobody there to hear it. The same applied in relation to anything really. For instance the notion that time is man-made. Before anybody took note of it (much like anything 'observed') time and space and everything had already occured. You can't understand how things work if you have not studied them. And even so (and I'm not slating science) you could spend your whole life trying to come up with scientific theories that could be proven to be wrong.

The World can't truly be observed because each time our scientific technology and research advances we'll discover something not fully right with older scientific knowledge. That would always be the case that when we better our understanding of things, what we observed before becomes a reminder of how we began to understand something to the point where we did understand them. There are some things that can and can't be observed. But to me finding those ways to understand the Universe seems like something that would take up an infinite amount of time. And there are some lesser important areas that researchers dabble in that not only costs money but time also that could be spent on more important areas.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Question:
Did quantum mechanics exist before it was observed?
Chew on that one.
I guess the answer is, "only in the mind of whoever thought it up first?"

Otherwise, I would have to say no. If there needs to be an observer, then it didn't "exist".

It reminds me of Legend of Mana: the player didn't travel, he was given "seeds" to create new parts of the world. The world didn't exist, it was just waiting for the (unnamed) protagonist to visit that place to perceive it in order to become "true reality".

Top Bottom