• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Still haven't started my job, been almost a month...
my baby nephew was born yesterday so I'm watching the older nephew..
found out my baby nephew who was just born has Coloboma.
Depending on the severity, he might be blind...or just needs glasses if it's not so bad..but if it is. Then I'm sad as **** he's going to be blind.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Watched Ouija the other night. I know I said it was a crappy horror - because it was - but I still got my fair share of frights, so naturally I'm a bit more jumpy afterward. Decided to go watch the next movie upstairs because the TV downstairs is bust. So there I am, hands full with bottles and notepads and phone, and after having taken two steps up the stairs, there's this loud sliding sound and then a massive thump against the back door. So I quickly backtrack and stand there staring at the big bag full of kids shoes that had toppled over, thinking to myself:
tumblr_inline_neufci7g6U1s7cn4s.gif

Viper

Premium
Why does one crave power if not to rule?

Why do people climb mountains? Why do they jump with parachutes? Why do they surf on dangerous waves? Why do they compete in Olympics?

To overcome their inherited weakness. To stand illuminated by glory. To be given a symbolical throne in history.

Why does one crave power of destruction if not to rule?

To protect. Offense is best defense. Mother's embrace nurtures, fathers strong arms protect.

Why does one crave power?

Fear. Survival.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94
Okay Predators live in a hot climate, without their helmets see in only visual spectrum, thermal.
So wouldn't hunting in artic temperatures & cold climates better for them where it's nothing but snow & ice shouldn't they be visiting cold climates or planets alot more often where they'd have a huge advantage ?

Our natural vision is infrared, not thermal. Thermal is one mode of our masks.

We are hot blooded creatures yeah but we have adapted to hot temperatures and that's why we prefer hot climate instead of cold. It's not a matter of advantages in hunting.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Actually the difference between infrared & thermal are very slight.
As Infrared (IR) is invisible radiant energy, electromagnetic radiation with longer wavelengths than those of visible light, extending from the nominal red edge of the visible spectrum at 700 nanometers (frequency 430 THz) to 1 mm (300 GHz) (although people can see infrared up to at least 1050 nm in experiments). Most of the thermal radiation emitted by objects near room temperature is infrared.

Thermal radiation is electromagnetic radiation generated by the thermal motion of charged particles in matter. All matter with a temperature greate

Still they are different even if slightly.

Anyway, this is our natural vision:

501eah.png

Besides, the mask can filter the environmental heat from other sources.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@VampireWicked I said choosing hot places instead of cold ones is not a matter of advantages. It's a matter of how our body has adapted (or not adapted) to certain temperatures.

Of course hunting itself is all about getting the upper hand and gaining as much advantage as possible. Like humans hunting animals with guns.

And don't trust the AVP movies too much, the f*cked with the Alien and Predator franchises pretty heavily. Only here and there they are actually consistent with the franchises.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Yea On that i agree.
Alien vs Predator was very much altered from the comics.
Abilities wise yea normal, but story, location, etc. Were screwed a bit. The movies didn't even take place on the right planet.
The first Aliens versus Predator centers on Ryushi, a recently colonized planet

I've always thought part of the charm of the AVP comics and games comes from the fact they're set in the future. In the future, dammit! With friggin Marines!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Wow last night I must have slept really bad. This morning I wake up with a pain in my neck, and during the day it has evolved into a terrible headache. Brain's exploding right now. And I don't have any friggin pill!

Top Bottom