• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What is it with these people? It's like being guild leader makes them think they're god-like.

I realized that long ago and that's why I don't play MMOs anymore, and when I do, I rock solo. Or with friends. No guilds.

----------------------------------------

Thinking - I want this ****ing lamp! Let's go, Ken!

333iu4h.jpg

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Trying to convince my dad and his wife not to go to Turkey next week. Or France. And definitely not using their Russian passports.

They won't listen - they never do - but effort was made.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Given the way the guild leader and mum have been going at it lately (and how the leader's been treating her) I think it's safe to say mum will either be kicked out or forced out soon. :/ What is it with these people? It's like being guild leader makes them think they're god-like.

Who's been giving her grief? :eek: (Is way behind on the messages, since there seem to be billion a day).

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Given the way the guild leader and mum have been going at it lately (and how the leader's been treating her) I think it's safe to say mum will either be kicked out or forced out soon. :/ What is it with these people? It's like being guild leader makes them think they're god-like.

I'd just leave the guild myself if someone would treat me badly. I'm pretty lucky and I haven't experienced anything like that since about 3 years ago in WoW. My current guild's very nice though (although people still get kicked out for not performing well enough).

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Who's been giving her grief? :eek: (Is way behind on the messages, since there seem to be billion a day).

LM. In the leadership's threads she's been arguing every move mum's made (despite leadership already saying mum was good to go on them). She made a big deal about the lottery thing not happening properly when, apparently, leadership's been discussing it for a week. Mainly, lots of little things. So mum confronted her about how leadership was meant to be a team that discussed everything equally (or, at the very least, that's how it was made to sound) and LM turned around and said that, as nice as it was for mum to be doing such hard work (all those new threads and projects and lists) she has no real say (and they're both supposed to be at the same level of power, as far as I know) and inferred that mum is just a glorified secretary. Mum's...very, very angry. She's considering whether or not to stay.

I'd just leave the guild myself if someone would treat me badly. I'm pretty lucky and I haven't experienced anything like that since about 3 years ago in WoW. My current guild's very nice though (although people still get kicked out for not performing well enough).

The problem is, this has happened twice. :/ It's like the guild leaders keep getting either complacent or power hungry. I'm glad your current guild's nice. =) When guilds are working well, they're really great. I just need to find a good one I guess. ^^;

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
This video is becoming sad truth of our world o_O
Sorry to break it to you but that's not going to happen. Reality strikes. You can't avoid it. It's called a rude awakening and things eventually catch up to you. If you live your life like an infant you won't be able to survive in the real world when adults start demanding you act like one. 'Why are you been mean to me' isn't going to get you very far with the cops, your boss, a judge, or other real authority. These people won't survive, they will have to grow up.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Sorry to break it to you but that's not going to happen. Reality strikes. You can't avoid it. It's called a rude awakening and things eventually catch up to you. If you live your life like an infant you won't be able to survive in the real world when adults start demanding you act like one. 'Why are you been mean to me' isn't going to get you very far with the cops, your boss, a judge, or other real authority. These people won't survive, they will have to grow up.
Look at how many grown up people act like this. Game industry is best example of it. RE5 was bashed because it was "to racist". Games like ninja gaiden because its to sexist. Games got condolence awards just because they tried to promote something socially important. etc etc etc. Anita Sarkeesian is best example that people like it can not only survive but exceed in real life nowadays.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Look at how many grown up people act like this. Game industry is best example of it. RE5 was bashed because it was "to racist". Games like ninja gaiden because its to sexist. Games got condolence awards just because they tried to promote something socially important. etc etc etc. Anita Sarkeesian is best example that people like it can not only survive but exceed in real life nowadays.
condolence award? wow. that IS a new low. still, i stand by my believe that reality will win out. there is no escaping it, sooner or later you have to be an adult. do you really think these people will be able to keep this up well into their 60's? hell no.

as for miss thing, i don't think she's actually like that, i think she might be a con artist, playing the part to earn the cash, selling an image to people who want to be told they're oppressed just like any evangelist whose in it for the money. she will always have people who are blind followers, no getting around that, but she is in it for the money and when the well dries up she'll move on.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I'm wondering...
People say when a woman shows herself nude in the media, she is using the "power of her sexuality".
Since Vergil wants to be the most powerful, he should go full naked and do a poll dance for the sake of power?After all he will be in control of sexuality, for might controls everything...!

Viper

Premium
I lit up a candle and put some lavender oil, cause I have 170 pages of that goddamn book to go through and look for possible typos and add stuff he just now figured out needs to be added. I'm all cool, all's fine... *inhales the lavender scent*

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

“Every now and then, they always come with the same accusations. This speaker supports death penalty for homosexuals…he is homophobic, he subjugates women, etc. etc… And we always try to tell them, that speaker doesn’t have radical views. These are views of Islam.”

“Everyone in the room, how many of you are normal, Sunni Muslims?” (everyone)

“How many of you agree that men and women should sit separate?” (everyone)

“How many of you agree that the punishments described in the Qur’an, wether it is death or stoning for adultery, if it comes from Allah, it is the best punishment in the world?” (everyone)

“Are you all Islamic extremists? No.”

“What are the politicians going to say now? What are the media going to say now? That we’re all extremists? That we’re all radicals?”

A group of admitted, mainstream, “moderate” Sunni Muslims, who attend regular, average mosques, are totally cool with whatever punishment Allah says is the best punishment. Killing the gays? For sure. Stoning your woman for adultery? Yup.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
condolence award? wow. that IS a new low. still, i stand by my believe that reality will win out. there is no escaping it, sooner or later you have to be an adult. do you really think these people will be able to keep this up well into their 60's? hell no.

as for miss thing, i don't think she's actually like that, i think she might be a con artist, playing the part to earn the cash, selling an image to people who want to be told they're oppressed just like any evangelist whose in it for the money. she will always have people who are blind followers, no getting around that, but she is in it for the money and when the well dries up she'll move on.
Maybe Anita is con artist. But she has dozen of followers who believe in what she does and claim that skirt above knee length in games is objectification. She got AWARD for her contribution in gaming. What contribution? What award? for what? for cyberbullies she fabricated? It is condolence award and it shouldn't exist.
I mean really? Main problem is that in developed countries people tend to ignore what important and instead bicker around small problems.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Shadow I wouldn't blame you guys if you did leave the guild. I'd be pretty ****ed too, given how she's treated your mom.

C.T: Just a couple more presents to buy, and our Christmas shopping will be done. Then all I have to do is send out the cards...damned if I can find my family address list, though. Knowing me, I put it somewhere for 'safe keeping', which is precisely why I can't find it, now. :cautious:

+Can the freaking house stay clean for more than 24 hours for a change? Gods, how does it even get messy this fast--we only have the one kid, for crying out loud. :facepalm: (Mind you, the hubby may as well be one, too...)

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Thanksgiving tomorrow...not sure if I'm excited or ambivalent. Cooking all day isn't fun. Then again, the food is yummy and we only have it once a year.... :S -conflicted- At least there will be pie.

+ I should check and see if the base is still giving out free comics. They're usually Marvel comics, but still...I could pass them on to friends.

Top Bottom