• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Quite a few members on here have kids - pretty sure none will mind you firing a private message if you want to talk anything over. I know it's not the same as physical friends you can go visit, but the anonymity might be helpful

Thank you! Too bad it seems there is no topic related to this kind of discussion, I'm kind of shy when it comes to private messaging out of nowhere with anyone :D
Of course the Internet is full of entire forums related to this, so I'm not gonna create a topic here if none exists. After all, this is a DMC forum.

The anonymity would definitely be helpful though - like I said, I would like to discuss with my sisters-in-law about this but I can't lol :D
There are also some groups on Facebook which I would be happy to join in, but again: my sisters-in-law would notice that I joined that kind of group... and so would my mother-in-law...

Well I guess I'm just gonna wait until there are news to tell and then join every Facebook group I can, right? :wink:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Thank you! Too bad it seems there is no topic related to this kind of discussion, I'm kind of shy when it comes to private messaging out of nowhere with anyone :D
Of course the Internet is full of entire forums related to this, so I'm not gonna create a topic here if none exists. After all, this is a DMC forum.

The anonymity would definitely be helpful though - like I said, I would like to discuss with my sisters-in-law about this but I can't lol :D
There are also some groups on Facebook which I would be happy to join in, but again: my sisters-in-law would notice that I joined that kind of group... and so would my mother-in-law...

Well I guess I'm just gonna wait until there are news to tell and then join every Facebook group I can, right? :wink:
No worries about that, this is one of the nicest forums I've ever been to. :) There are some bad apples but once you see it, tell mods they'll take care of it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Just got back from the dentist - all my fears were completely unfounded. I had a deep clean which now means that my mouth looks like a serial killer's basement...but other than that, I'm good.

Turns out my CPAP machine is what's making my gums sore so that it feels like my teeth are hurting instead. Sooner I can get rid of that blasted machine the better

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Think I might need my first ever filling at 36.

I am utterly terrified of the dentist.

This is going to suck.

My first one at 40... only it turns out they couldn't do a root canal because the tooth would snap in half, so either way it's got to come out. Last time I was in a dentist I was 16 (when it was free, what a thrill those private dental care prices are, jeez), pretty much avoided them all these years and somehow still had great teeth. Only reason I have a problem with this tooth at all was because one wisdom tooth decided to come in wonky and touch the molar side on, causing a carie in it. Otherwise I'd have a perfect gob. So annoying.

So after getting psyched up for a filling I now gotta face an extraction or else putting up with a tooth that'll necrotize. Swell. I hope it's easy to pull out and doesn't break in bits and need two hours to yank out. It's one of the biggest teeth, too... I feel strangely attached to it and don't wanna let it go.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I went with my eldest for a tooth extraction and I just couldn't deal...it wasn't even happening to me but the mere fact she was awake for the whole thing just put the fear in.

My eyeball falls out? I'll pop it back in meself, no worries. Needles? Don't care. Broken bones sticking out of limbs or blood everywhere? Bring it on.

But teeth? I just can't cope... yesterday I was just proud of myself for not crying like a little girl.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I went with my eldest for a tooth extraction and I just couldn't deal...it wasn't even happening to me but the mere fact she was awake for the whole thing just put the fear in.

My eyeball falls out? I'll pop it back in meself, no worries. Needles? Don't care. Broken bones sticking out of limbs or blood everywhere? Bring it on.

But teeth? I just can't cope... yesterday I was just proud of myself for not crying like a little girl.
Your eyeball fell out one time? Or was that just figurative?

Teeth are bad but eyes? It makes me itch just thinking about something happening to my eyes.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Your eyeball fell out one time? Or was that just figurative?

Teeth are bad but eyes? It makes me itch just thinking about something happening to my eyes.
Figurative for sure - although with my sight being as bad as it is, I prolly wouldn't even notice if it actually did fall out...

Having said that, a friend of mine has to have monthly injections into her eye and that DOES freak me out. I think it's more being unable to see what's happening to you because it's in your face - at least when your arm or leg needs medical attention, you can see it to know exactly what's happening there.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't understand how they can stick a needle right into it and not "burst" it? Or have the stuff inside leak out. I suppose the jelly inside is solid and not pressurized liquid like we're made to believe in movies. I guess I thought it was something that'd just "pop" because of all the daft action movies that have scenes like that in.

Now I'm thinking about it. :eek: That laser eye surgery stuff sounds scary as well. And eye tattoos.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was pretty neutral to the casting of a female doctor. I didn't hate the idea just never gave it any real thought. Honestly, I thought Missy was River before the big reveal.

My dark horse pick was Sacha Dhawan (Davos from Iron Fist). He probably would've faced backlash for being the first South Asian actor to be the Doctor anyway. So we'd be in a similar boat to Whitaker's reveal.

:blush: oh well.

Not sure what kind of doctor he would be. He lends himself to 9's black leather simplicity but I was thinking something closer to 4's mad hatter look.

I thought Toby Whitehouse taking over showrunner reigns but that's just because I liked Being Human.:whistle:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well that's new. Literally just had someone block me on Twitter after I agreed with their frigging post.

I mean, I have an inkling as to why it happened, but it's still stupid af considering I didn't do anything. :bored: Whatever boo, you do you.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well that's new. Literally just had someone block me on Twitter after I agreed with their frigging post.

I mean, I have an inkling as to why it happened, but it's still stupid af considering I didn't do anything. :bored: Whatever boo, you do you.
Sometimes people block because of whoever someone has on their friends list or associates with.
I had someone on there ask me to unfollow them the other day for some weird reason, they didn't want more followers than they wanted to follow... it didn't make much sense. I mean if you don't want anyone following just put a moderation thing on who follows surely

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Sometimes people block because of whoever someone has on their friends list or associates with.
I had someone on there ask me to unfollow them the other day for some weird reason, they didn't want more followers than they wanted to follow... it didn't make much sense. I mean if you don't want anyone following just put a moderation thing on who follows surely

I'm thinking the association with someone they didn't like was probably the case. Which frankly is just juvenile at this point.

That's...weird. :cautious: What gets me is, they can limit who follows them; I've had it happen where I went to follow someone, and it was pending until the person either accepted or declined. It can be such a good platform, but damn if it isn't a dumpster fire a lot of the time, too. Even when you try to stay well out of it, it drags you in. x_x

CT: On one hand, that sounds like an interesting prospect. On the other, if it's being approached from a non-fiction stance, I'd be way out of my depth. Guess there's no harm in asking him what he's aiming towards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom