• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
My pitch for a Sly Cooper/Infamous crossover is to do a "What If" scenario. I'd avoid the whole crossing universe aspect and have them already exist there. Sly's a human thief or Cole is a wolf bike messenger etc.

It's a potential jump the shark moment but I thought it was a way to go big or go home.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Looks like kiddo and I will just do movies and popcorn on Halloween night. We'll have to have enough candy for both her and to shell out to whatever few trick-or-treaters we get (if any this year). It kind of sucks that she won't be able to enjoy the whole "walking around night life" aspect this time, but hopefully next Halloween will be better.

+Not looking forward to the hub being away for a month to finish the course he was on earlier this year. x_x It'll probably go by quickly, though. I hope.

++Why does AG always fill me with such ambivalence? ._.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I wonder if there will be memes of kids trick-or-treating threatening people with coronavirus rather than the usual toilet paper.

Too soon?

595953.jpeg

232707.png

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I managed to jog 8 kilometers (approx 5 miles) on trail today, including uphills. Whoops. And also I picked a car open for its owner by his request in 5 minutes, despite that it was my first car lock ever, and... well. I'm just unbelievably hyped up, too happy for late October (I tend to get somewhat unstable every year as the daylight hours decrease), feeling strangely proud of myself for minor stuff and it's just... it's scary. I can't recognize myself anymore. Still, I don't feel bad for that.

Goldsickle

I was planning to log off and just play games all day but here I am, discussing "future projects" with a publisher and requesting some work detail with another team.

I might secretly be a workaholic >>;;;;;

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Why is being ultra productive where housework is concerned a coping mechanism any time he leaves? I don't think I've seen that table's surface for about five months, now. Or that particular counter... o_O

+Halloween was super anticlimactic this year. We never get a lot of trick-or-treaters to begin with, so the fact that last night was paltry in comparison speaks volumes. So much leftover candy. I feel bad for kiddo, though; she was supposed to have a cool, homemade costume this year (Bonnie from FNaF). Hopefully next year is better... **** Covid.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Today in therogis' Creative Chef Corner: Pumpkin Swiss Roll, Flavoured with Clove, Cinnamon and Cardamom... with a hint of Maple Syrup? Why not!

+ Three nights in a row, seeing her face in dreams that weren't nightmares at first... it surely makes me feel dizzy. Maybe I'll hit the track and have an imaginary chase after her again. Gonna beat a speed record...

Rebellious One

Time has come for me to come outta my shell and admit it: I have a problem and its called agoraphobia. I thought depression and questionable upbringing were culprits responsible for me being introverted and shy, but recently I had what a call "an eye opener". Still, I was able to make some progress recently, both inside and outside myself, even undusted my PS3 to play some good ol' RDR.

P.S. Happy (belated) Halloween Everyone!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I sincerely wish we had've gotten a cone for the dog. ****ing allergies/dermatitis have been hell for him, and frankly, the stress is getting to me. I can't exactly treat his eyes with apple cider vinegar, and that's the spot most affected. ._.

Well, nothing to do but treat it the best I can. Maybe fresh meat and veggies in place of kibble for dinner will help some with his immune system. At least whenever I can. *sigh*

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It's a funny thing history. Fairly recently I was watching a YouTube video about how what we *think* we know of history can be deceptive because when they teach it to you in schools they have to pick and choose what to cover for lessons and so they streamline historical events into simpler narratives to make them easier to understand and remember. But history is of course rarely so simple.

I was reminded of that video when playing "Ghost of Tsushima" and watching the TV anime "Angolmois" back to back and it's interesting because they both depict the Mongol invasion of Tsushima but very differently so, mainly because of the mediums involved. Particularly in GoT's case as it is a video game with tens of hours of gameplay they probably felt they needed to keep the story simpler so you didn't forget what was going on. An easy to explain change would be the forces of the Mongol Empire in GoT appear to consist exclusively of Mongolians whereas in reality they were a hodgepodge of Mongolian, Chinese, Jurchen and Korean all having to work together despite differences in language and culture.

Not a knock against either series really, just an observation. Though maybe don't use fiction as your source when writing essays on history. :ROFL:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Ahh...I have that black pit in my stomach again. You know the feeling, when you watch a depressing show and afterwards you just kinda feel empty inside.

This time around it was the TV show "Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion" which as you can probably guess is about the Mongol Empire's invasion of the island of Tsushima. You get so attached to these characters only to see them futilely struggle against the horrors of war and if you know your history you know it doesn't end well. :cry:

Top Bottom