• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Trump getting his Twitter account shut down...4 years too late.

Man, he must literally be incapable of communication now. Just opening and closing his mouth like a dying fish, his thumbs twitching as if typing on an imaginary phone.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
draw_line_in_sand.gif

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
When your friend says the most unrealistic part of his nightmare where you were a giant man-eating spider is that you were a woman, maybe it's time to hide all your extra chitinous legs. He's not wrong though. -scuttles menacingly-

+ :)

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Trump getting his Twitter account shut down...4 years too late.

Man, he must literally be incapable of communication now. Just opening and closing his mouth like a dying fish, his thumbs twitching as if typing on an imaginary phone.
It's not joyous as you think it is. This proves his point. Twitter has not been moderating evenly, he says dumb things, yes, but Twitter itself ALLOWS leftist ideologies to seep and sow outrageous comments - a former co-C.E.O. ADVOCATES for lining up people (Stalin-style) killings. There are people on Twitter WISHING death, and joking death on people.

You and everyone else rejoicing that kind of behavior? Yeah. I don't think so.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's not joyous as you think it is. This proves his point. Twitter has not been moderating evenly, he says dumb things, yes, but Twitter itself ALLOWS leftist ideologies to seep and sow outrageous comments - a former co-C.E.O. ADVOCATES for lining up people (Stalin-style) killings. There are people on Twitter WISHING death, and joking death on people.

You and everyone else rejoicing that kind of behavior? Yeah. I don't think so.
I had a response and then decided against it because I get the distinct impression that regardless of what I say, you have already formed the idea that I am far-left and somehow rejoice in death threats.

It's way below the belt and you are bang out of order if that's your genuine view. I am choosing to assume that you're just behaving reactively to something you feel strongly about.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I had a response and then decided against it because I get the distinct impression that regardless of what I say, you have already formed the idea that I am far-left and somehow rejoice in death threats.

It's way below the belt and you are bang out of order if that's your genuine view. I am choosing to assume that you're just behaving reactively to something you feel strongly about.
This isn't a joke.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Not related to the discussion above, rather to something personal:

I wonder if I should lay some facts on the table as a wake up call. Preferably publicly.

Then again, Mark Twain has a pretty accurate saying about arguing with idiots.

I think I'm still above that.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
This isn't a joke.

Who said anything about joking?

You've missed the point entirely.

I don't care that you can drum up articles about so and so wanting this or that on social media.

I am irritated that you choose to insinuate that I am somehow either like them or support them just because I think Trump is a bitter man child who used twitter to consistently throw his toys out of the pram for the last 4 years whilst the world watched.

Do not presume to accuse me of anything, whether directly or indirectly. THAT is my issue here, not Twitter's policies.

And THAT is the end of the discussion. I don't wish for other posters to feel they cannot respond to this thread for fear of it becoming political.

Carry on everyone.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Who said anything about joking?

You've missed the point entirely.

I don't care that you can drum up articles about so and so wanting this or that on social media.

I am irritated that you choose to insinuate that I am somehow either like them or support them just because I think Trump is a bitter man child who used twitter to consistently throw his toys out of the pram for the last 4 years whilst the world watched.

Do not presume to accuse me of anything, whether directly or indirectly. THAT is my issue here, not Twitter's policies.

And THAT is the end of the discussion. I don't wish for other posters to feel they cannot respond to this thread for fear of it becoming political.

Carry on everyone.
The thing is this, everyone's rejoicing Trump's ban. They all think it's fun and games. Your messaging is right in the same wavelength. That's my problem.

You and everyone else hate Trump's tweets, ok fine. I agree he says dumb things, I agree it's not presidential. The thing is, though this isn't fun and games. Trump's been talking about Section 230 for a while now. This move PROVES Trump's point and everyone's laughing.

The ban affects YOU, too. This will ruin a lot of the Social Media we know NOW.

Go ahead, hate Trump, just because you don't understand. I have been telling everyone STOP getting mad over Trump's actions, words, tweets or whatever - because it's not meant for or targeted at you. He's playing the political bad guy.

If you don't believe me, listen to this video...

That's the last I'll talk about this, and I am sorry I offended you, ill send you a PM in a sec.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
The ban affects YOU, too. This will ruin a lot of the Social Media we know NOW.
This is not related to Trump, but tbh, I would be SO RELIEVED if the social media we have now would be destroyed.

You know, it feels pretty bad to sit down and talk with my spouse about what does he think of my career plans, because aiming high in the judicial career is starting to be a bit dangerous in my country. Similarly, it isn't that cool to get a call from my dad and being questioned with "have you seen the news? Are you still sure you want to be a prosecutor? What does your spouse think of that? That's gonna affect your whole life... I'm worried about you... I know it's your decision but some days I hope you'd wish to be just an advocate..."

Grown-up people are going around Facebook asking "does anyone know where this officer's kids go to school". They are tailing 7 year old kids together and reporting about his movements in Facebook because that kid's parents are from Syria. They are sharing judicial authorities' and social workers' names to their friends "to keep an eye on them".

Yup. Cannot wait to get my first death threat... Oh wait, it wouldn't be the first! (y)

---

Adding to this...

Not related to the discussion above, rather to something personal--

... that luckily, it's Sunday. Some Sunday worship with a couple of friends equals serenity. It makes me realize what's important.
Also, confessing some dark thoughts to the upper floor, saying "I'm faulty" out loud, is relaxing. I'm faulty but I'm trying to fix it.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
This is not related to Trump, but tbh, I would be SO RELIEVED if the social media we have now would be destroyed.

You know, it feels pretty bad to sit down and talk with my spouse about what does he think of my career plans, because aiming high in the judicial career is starting to be a bit dangerous in my country. Similarly, it isn't that cool to get a call from my dad and being questioned with "have you seen the news? Are you still sure you want to be a prosecutor? What does your spouse think of that? That's gonna affect your whole life... I'm worried about you... I know it's your decision but some days I hope you'd wish to be just an advocate..."

Grown-up people are going around Facebook asking "does anyone know where this officer's kids go to school". They are tailing 7 year old kids together and reporting about his movements in Facebook because that kid's parents are from Syria. They are sharing judicial authorities' and social workers' names to their friends "to keep an eye on them".

Yup. Cannot wait to get my first death threat... Oh wait, it wouldn't be the first! (y)
I love forums like this. I love Social Media websites, the problem isn't the websites, you know, the physical, tangible website you see in front of you - let's say Twitter.

I like how you can tweet, view other tweets, react, see other reactions (likes, retweets, loves, etc.), and it allows you to post pictures, links, videos, and so on and on. What I don't like about Twitter isn't the website itself. What I don't like is the algorithm (if you have Netflix, find "Social Dilemma."), the company's encouragement of a lot of the cancerous messages on the platform, and the moderation. I also don't like the lack of control over your threads.

I use Twitter for business branding, so when someone comes to my thread, they can say @CarlosX360 sucks, and I can't delete it. When I report it.. the mods sit back and lets those asses go. In fact, if I say something bad, and i get reported, THEY suspended my account, but when they do it... I report it. Tweets still there. Profile is still smearing people.

You GOT to moderate straight in the middle. And that's how this boils down to. They ****ing banned a sitting president.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Amateur psychology student with a focus on cults and mob mentality vs long-time Sherlock fan who will consider punching you if you mention TJLC in her presence vs former shrink-in-training who's only gone out three times in the last year and who's need-for-chaos metre is on the rise. Fight!

+ Rehoming my knife collection sounds like I'm talking about puppies or something. The money will be nice and the space during moving time is gonna be worth it, though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Amateur psychology student with a focus on cults and mob mentality vs long-time Sherlock fan who will consider punching you if you mention TJLC in her presence vs former shrink-in-training who's only gone out three times in the last year and who's need-for-chaos metre is on the rise. Fight!

+ Rehoming my knife collection sounds like I'm talking about puppies or something. The money will be nice and the space during moving time is gonna be worth it, though.
TJLC ?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium

What Morgan said. It basically divided the fandom in half as some of those who believed it escalated into things like bullying, suicide baiting, death threats and harassment (including to the cast and crew). There was also some odd thing about a secret episode that would confirm everything?? The more extreme parts are an interesting case study in cult-like behaviour in fandom, but a lot of people who had extremely negative interactions with that side of the fandom definitely don't want to talk about it. I'm just kinda peeking in, waiting to see what happens with their chat; strongly suspect nothing will just because friend who went through it got death threats and harassment for years, to the point where she's hesitant to even post about the fandom anymore, so student acquaintance is likely to be told off if they don't realise she doesn't want to go over it.

Top Bottom