• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My blood samples and heart condition were fine so I'll FINALLY get proper drugs for this migraine. Yay! :giggle: Can't wait to have a day without headache again.

Goldsickle

Back in 1997, I randomly bought a Final Fantasy VII "Ultimate Strategy Guide", which is an unofficial guide book for the game, by Versus Books.

Decades later, turns out that the book is some sort of sought-out collector's item that is sold more than 100 times of its original price.
I still have it in my bookshelf, that I take out to read as reference once in a while.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Getting my second Covid vaccine dose, can't wait for the inevitable sore as hell arm

In other news, a helicopter flew pretty low over my car while I was driving to work, that's pretty much all the excitement I've had the past few weeks
At least in here it's been on the news that the second dose tends to be easier and causes less pain and other side symptoms than the first. Some people who got difficult side symptoms from the first shot got none from the second. If I understood it correctly from the articles, it's because your body already has some resistance from the first shot, so the attacker (i.e. the vaccine) is already familiar for it so your immune system doesn't panic too much with it > less pain and other stuff.
Let's hope that's the case for you as well!
Hopefully the both of you did NOT get the Johnson & Johnson one.

And good to know @therogis's post. Interesting.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Hopefully the both of you did NOT get the Johnson & Johnson one.

And good to know @therogis's post. Interesting.

People of my age are going to be vaccinated somewhere during June or July, and to be frank, I'd be happy to have whichever shot... if I was to take a vaccine that time in the first place. It's not recommended for pregnant women here, so I'll have mine on October or November perhaps. Covid itself seems to pose little to no risk to the unborn child, so the choice of not getting one is obvious for me.

And, well, of course it's obvious that J&J and AZ cause blood clogs, duh. We know already they're full of microchips, 5G transmitters, a couple of new world orders, and a guitar pedal. Of COURSE that stuff clogs a vein or two... it's just common sense...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
And, well, of course it's obvious that J&J and AZ cause blood clogs, duh. We know already they're full of microchips, 5G transmitters, a couple of new world orders, and a guitar pedal. Of COURSE that stuff clogs a vein or two... it's just common sense...
Yeah, I think I got given two guitar pedals with my first AstraZeneca vaccination. Maybe they'll send in an amp with my next one in a couple of weeks.

CT: Got shortlisted for a Volunteer of the Year award...no chance of winning due to all the many covid heroes who have no doubt been nominated also, but it's nice to be considered all the same. Plus it's all online so as soon as I don't win my category, I can log-off and pretend I had "technical difficulties" rather than sit through the remaining however many hours of ceremony.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
People of my age are going to be vaccinated somewhere during June or July, and to be frank, I'd be happy to have whichever shot... if I was to take a vaccine that time in the first place. It's not recommended for pregnant women here, so I'll have mine on October or November perhaps. Covid itself seems to pose little to no risk to the unborn child, so the choice of not getting one is obvious for me.
I'm not knocking you for that, but THIS...
The J&J vaccines has been paused in U.S. and lifted, but the thing is it has blood clots. Yes its an isolated number, but it hasn't been tested long enough. Pfizer and Moderna were tested longer. Now, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend there isn't problems with either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines - a few people just got paralyzed by a Pfizer shot. Both cases, first shot, and the second shot. But these cases is because of side effects.

Not funny.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm not knocking you for that, but THIS...

The J&J vaccines has been paused in U.S. and lifted, but the thing is it has blood clots. Yes its an isolated number, but it hasn't been tested long enough. Pfizer and Moderna were tested longer. Now, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend there isn't problems with either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines - a few people just got paralyzed by a Pfizer shot. Both cases, first shot, and the second shot. But these cases is because of side effects.

Not funny.

Better not to start this with me, I'm simply not the right person to take part in this debate. Not as a female, who freewillingly used hormonal contraception for 5 years knowing very well it has a blood clot risk of 0,12 %. With the state of being very overweight that time, you can multiply that risk with approx 3-5.

Just for the comparison, AZ estimated clot risk is 0,001 % (source), and considering the risks of blood clots and other health issues of the virus, I'd still be happy to get AZ or J&J when the time comes. I'm very well aware of the risk, and as a voluntary decision, I find it a fair deal. ;)

The only reason why I am not having it yet is that while I'm fine with the very low blood clot risk, I am not fine in risking an unborn child's health with it, and neither are the Finnish health authorities.

Also, @Angel, congrats!! Not for the pedal thou.... wait... yeah, I'll just congratulate you for both of them. They're expensive, you know. Lucky you.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The only reason why I am not having it yet is that while I'm fine with the very low blood clot risk, I am not fine in risking an unborn child's health with it, and neither are the Finnish health authorities.

Also, @Angel, congrats!! Not for the pedal thou.... wait... yeah, I'll just congratulate you for both of them. They're expensive, you know. Lucky you.
Thanks! I don't expect to win at all because so many others have done far more during the pandemic whereas I just carried on my normal volunteering role. But it's nice to be considered.

In the UK, pregnant women are not offered the vaccine either - they just don't know the potential risks. I reckon maybe by next year they'll have more of an idea. There was no blood clot link discovered until some time after my first AZ jab...it's one of the risks, I guess. Whatever you put in your body carries risks - the flu shot changes every year in the UK to accommodate virus variants and I happily stick it in my body all the same.

I'm a strong proponent of vaccinations; we don't realise how privileged we are in this part of the world to be able to have access to life-saving drugs. I do understand some of the concerns, especially with how quickly the covid jab has been created, but at the same time this was the whole world working to make something happen. It hasn't been seen before, this level of cooperation. Many hands make light work, etc.

Maybe in one hundred years time everyone will be mutants or something because of it...frankly, I don't care. Mostly coz I'll be dead by then.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Better not to start this with me, I'm simply not the right person to take part in this debate. Not as a female, who freewillingly used hormonal contraception for 5 years knowing very well it has a blood clot risk of 0,12 %. With the state of being very overweight that time, you can multiply that risk with approx 3-5.
I'm not trying to debate. I was trying to bring information, but then you and Angel went sarcastic. I get you guys trying to bring a lightweight vibe, a comical fun, but vaccines and blood clots as a subject? Not a good time for laughs.

So, I'm sorry, forgive me, pregnant lady. (See? I can be fun, too. :))
Just for the comparison, AZ estimated clot risk is 0,001 % (source), and considering the risks of blood clots and other health issues of the virus, I'd still be happy to get AZ or J&J when the time comes. I'm very well aware of the risk, and as a voluntary decision, I find it a fair deal. ;)

I see, thanks for the info!

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm not trying to debate. I was trying to bring information, but then you and Angel went sarcastic. I get you guys trying to bring a lightweight vibe, a comical fun, but vaccines and blood clots as a subject? Not a good time for laughs.

So, I'm sorry, forgive me, pregnant lady. (See? I can be fun, too. :))

I see, thanks for the info!

The reason why I'm not taking it too seriously is because the risks are highly exaggerated. Not by you, but... well, let's just say I cannot take a lady smoking cigarettes and using hormonal conception very seriously if they're ranting about AZ blood clots and how no one should have the shot "for their own safety" at the same time.
Also, there are some pretty ridiculous rumors about these shots as well. So yeah, I'm taking my laughs from it simply because that's all I can do. *shrugs*

Didn't mean to offend you with it. :)

For clarification: it's not the blood clots itself for me to make fun of (I have my personal reasons to take them very seriously) but the lack of perspective.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The reason why I'm not taking it too seriously is because the risks are highly exaggerated. Not by you, but... well, let's just say I cannot take a lady smoking cigarettes and using hormonal conception very seriously if they're ranting about AZ blood clots and how no one should have the shot "for their own safety" at the same time.
Also, there are some pretty ridiculous rumors about these shots as well. So yeah, I'm taking my laughs from it simply because that's all I can do. *shrugs*

Didn't mean to offend you with it. :)

For clarification: it's not the blood clots itself for me to make fun of (I have my personal reasons to take them very seriously) but the lack of perspective.
I see, you were dealing with Karens rants. Its a meme at this point.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I see, you were dealing with Karens rants. Its a meme at this point.
I don't know this one but probably yes.

And still, blood clots itself are a different topic for me...

My father got a stroke at the age of 30. Reason? A blood clot. The doctors couldn't believe it because there were absolutely no risk factors for that in his body or lifestyle. I never had the chance to see my father in full health and I'll never see him, for example, run or jump. Considering that I was raised by a narcissistic, alcoholic mother, I'd say there are multiple factors for me not to laugh at the concept of blood clot.

But of course you didn't know that and you had all the reason to assume otherwise, so no problem and no reason to react to this. I still hope I didn't offend you with it, it wasn't my purpose.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Restarting Nioh for the jillionth time, hoping to pick a weapon class that clicks with me... I might give up on the other weapons and just use two-handed swords.
I prefer tonfa and dual swords. The latter have some pretty cool skills, the tonfas and light armor suit my play style. I prefer being faster than my enemies ;) ... a great methodical approach for dying fast as well

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Just when I was thinking "Damn, it's Sunday already, I would appreciate another Saturday for tomorrow", I realized I actually have a day off work tomorrow.

Sometimes it's great to have a crappy memory. Makes you euphoric :LOL:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin

My father got a stroke at the age of 30. Reason? A blood clot. The doctors couldn't believe it because there were absolutely no risk factors for that in his body or lifestyle. I never had the chance to see my father in full health and I'll never see him, for example, run or jump. Considering that I was raised by a narcissistic, alcoholic mother, I'd say there are multiple factors for me not to laugh at the concept of blood clot.

But of course you didn't know that and you had all the reason to assume otherwise, so no problem and no reason to react to this. I still hope I didn't offend you with it, it wasn't my purpose.
I've had a pulmonary embolism myself - not the most fun you can have on a weekend, but it managed to break up without killing me. I just thought I was having an anxiety attack coz I couldn't breathe. The paramedics didn't even want to take me into hospital so I stuck it out at home and went for a scan a week later. That's when they found it.

I'm a high risk for many reasons for a blood clot somewhere in my body. I just won't live in fear of it happening. Everyone's different.

CT: so far so good with the holiday at the end of the month - so long as there are no government u-turns, I'll be sitting on a beach complaining about the sun, sand and seagulls like any other self-respecting Brit.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium

I've had a pulmonary embolism myself - not the most fun you can have on a weekend, but it managed to break up without killing me. I just thought I was having an anxiety attack coz I couldn't breathe. The paramedics didn't even want to take me into hospital so I stuck it out at home and went for a scan a week later. That's when they found it.

I'm a high risk for many reasons for a blood clot somewhere in my body. I just won't live in fear of it happening. Everyone's different.

CT: so far so good with the holiday at the end of the month - so long as there are no government u-turns, I'll be sitting on a beach complaining about the sun, sand and seagulls like any other self-respecting Brit.
Without going into extensive detail, I work in the medical device field, specifically in Interventional Cardiology and Vascular Access. Regarding blood clots, something I usually recommend people ask their doctors about is getting a thrombectomy, which is a non-invasive surgery where they make a small incision on the leg or arm and run a catheter up through your artery to the clotted area and remove it with suction and saline. I used to be the guy that tested each and every single units to make sure the input/output pressure was in spec. I'm just bringing this up because sometimes patients aren't always aware of the options out there

Top Bottom