• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Without going into extensive detail, I work in the medical device field, specifically in Interventional Cardiology and Vascular Access. Regarding blood clots, something I usually recommend people ask their doctors about is getting a thrombectomy, which is a non-invasive surgery where they make a small incision on the leg or arm and run a catheter up through your artery to the clotted area and remove it with suction and saline. I used to be the guy that tested each and every single units to make sure the input/output pressure was in spec. I'm just bringing this up because sometimes patients aren't always aware of the options out there

I'll just skip a further dive into this because of...

I don't care about the pain, it doesn't hurt too much. Just that thinking about, and even mentioning, veins, arteries and especially tendons (ugh) makes me nauseous.

Which is why I should not write any longer message about this :LOL:

I nearly fainted last time. That was because the lab was incredibly silent so I could actually hear how my blood rushes to the end of the test tube. And the next test tube... and the next...
Okay so now I'll have to sit here for a while before getting up... :sick:

Fun fact, after elementary school I applied to practical nurse school. I quitted it pretty soon and never graduated. Guess why...
Sorry @Xeroxis :LOL: I'm having a glucose tolerance test tomorrow morning and I'm trying to keep my last supper inside my stomach for a while.

CT: just started watching Queen's Gambit with my spouse and I'm hooked.
Seems like he knew what he was doing, because now I want to train some chess again :whistle:
I'm not good at it, but something like a year ago I just thought it'd be good for self-improvement. Now it's been some months since I played last time. Nevertheless, it's great to actually understand something about the game in QG :LOL:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Tidus and Yuna are sweet together. Even with the bad lip synching and the odd laughing.

I feel bad for doing a Jak/Yuna story.

Ehhh I'll get over it.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Without going into extensive detail, I work in the medical device field, specifically in Interventional Cardiology and Vascular Access. Regarding blood clots, something I usually recommend people ask their doctors about is getting a thrombectomy, which is a non-invasive surgery where they make a small incision on the leg or arm and run a catheter up through your artery to the clotted area and remove it with suction and saline. I used to be the guy that tested each and every single units to make sure the input/output pressure was in spec. I'm just bringing this up because sometimes patients aren't always aware of the options out there
That's genuinely interesting - I was just told I was hyperventilating and needed to learn to calm down, even though my chest hurt and I couldn't breathe. I don't know whether the clot originated elsewhere first (I know nothing about medical stuff) or just rocked up in my lungs and had a party, but I had to push to get any intervention at all. Guess I got lucky?

I'm currently wondering why Ewoks isn't on DVD so I can enjoy it forever. Disney+ is great and all, but they might remove Ewoks at any time. The nostalgia is real right now

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I prefer tonfa and dual swords. The latter have some pretty cool skills, the tonfas and light armor suit my play style. I prefer being faster than my enemies ;) ... a great methodical approach for dying fast as well
Yeah I don't want to die quickly. lol I'm using heavy armor this time, along with single sword and odachi. Single sword for most situations, odachi for revenants and humanoid bosses to break their guard.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Yeah I don't want to die quickly. lol I'm using heavy armor this time, along with single sword and odachi. Single sword for most situations, odachi for revenants and humanoid bosses to break their guard.
Odachi is fine as well. I use it when the rhythm of tonfa or dual sword doesn't fit the enemy boss' movements, and it has fine parry skills as well. But usually I go with quick, low-damage weapons, and light armor is a must-have anyway.

CT, after years of having no self-esteem, being antisocial and either having little to no friends, or being tricked to last an abusive friendship until I was so broken I thought about either faking my own death or arranging a real one, I don't think I'll ever get used to having friends who actually call ME with no explicit reason. Having friends who actually _invite_ me to stuff, not requiring me to beg acceptance on my knees.
Or even getting used to that I don't have to consider restricting my other relationships just so The One and Only Friend Allmighty doesn't feel threatened by my other relationships.

Time heals, they say, and it's true for me - I have no grudges nor regrets on my shoulders. Still, I feel overwhelmed. And flattered. Some people actually want to spend time with _me_ *blush*

And yet, the biggest worry is if I'm good enough for them... :(

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Wow, how far Capcom has come when it comes to PC versions of their games from their horrible RE4/DMC3 era... I was checking the Steam page for the RE8 demo and people are praising how sweet the optimization is (RE7 and the remakes were also pretty buttery smooth) and, icing on the cake, on the store page they even tell you estimated performance for the minimum and recommended specs.

Round of applause. This is a level of professionalism that should be commended and don't often see even with companies that primarily develop for PC.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
We might be home owners in the very near future. Just going through the whole "offer haggling" part, plus all of the paperwork, inspections, etc. to come if/when the offer is accepted. Most likely the latter; they've had no other offers and I get the feeling the person renting out the house just wants to get this over and done with. So here's hoping... -crosses fingers-

Goldsickle

There's "trolling", where you post your messages in a manner to purposely annoy someone.

And then there are people who are so goddamn sensitive, that anything I post ****es them off.

It's probably some kind of super power.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
There's "trolling", where you post your messages in a manner to purposely annoy someone.

And then there are people who are so goddamn sensitive, that anything I post ****es them off.

Seeking for conflict and actively searching for anything that could **** one off is just another form of trolling. I had a friend like that lol. At least they said it out loud that they enjoy getting purposely annoyed by anything they could think of and then just lean back and see how much drama they can cause.

Which was shocking at first, until I learned that it's one form of serious illnesses. Thus, not my problem, not a problem of any other as well.

So, don't worry, there are just all kinds of sick people around the web. If there are one or two people who get annoyed by everything while no one else takes your messages personally, just let them be. Probably the others (the silent ones) see it as well if that's the case, they're just not saying it. Ask them about their view.
When we had long discussions about this person and their toxicity with some others, I learned I was not the only one feeling like they're walking on eggshells every time she's around. No one just shared that info because most of us just thought they must have done something wrong because this toxic one is always there victimizing themself about everything.

It's one form of gaslighting and manipulation. Search "covert narcissism" in Google. I prefer not to diagnose anyone (calling everyone you can't get along with "a narcissist" is a bit too in nowadays... one of the most ridiculous types of argumentum ad hominem), and I don't recommend that for others either, but a diagnosis is very different from having some NPD traits (believe me, we all have them anyway). Knowing it might be helpful anyway, if this is the case for you.
It includes stuff like getting offended for no reason, self-victimization, yearning to cause conflict and confusion among others, and being extremely sensitive to criticism.

Just don't let them eat your sense of self-worth.

---

CT: Dandelions are ready to pick here! Time to make some (vegan) dandelion honey :love:
I thought I'd also put some of it in cute, tiny jars and give it as a gift for my writing club friends :) (it's gonna be just over-the-top in cuteness, lol)

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

I could say the same about you. So, rather than complaining about THEM... Look at how you debate with people. Learn to take a step back and realize you are just as "at fault" as whomever you're complaining about.

For example, I've seen you debating people about the same subject over, over, and over again just to pi$$ them off.

Learn to cool it.

Goldsickle

I could say the same about you. So, rather than complaining about THEM... Look at how you debate with people. Learn to take a step back and realize you are just as "at fault" as whomever you're complaining about.

For example, I've seen you debating people about the same subject over, over, and over again just to pi$$ them off.

Learn to cool it.
Thanks for proving my point.

Goldsickle

I was trying to help you improve.
Don't need help from someone blinded by clickbait.
Repeatedly asking questions is justified when people keep dodging my questions.
Asking people to explain themselves is the most direct way to dismantle bulls*** and it only makes it more suspicious when people continue to dodge the question.

If you don't want to improve you're gonna be stuck in this "im offended" loop like the Twitter mobs.
Speak for yourself.
My comment is neither aimed at you nor mentions you but it still offends you enough to try and respond to me.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I just learned today that hurdling yourself down an icy hill on a sled like a kid is an actual Olympic sport called Skeleton, and that's awesome.

In the mood for a frappuccino for some reason, even though it's like 2 in the afternoon.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Don't need help from someone blinded by clickbait.
Repeatedly asking questions is justified when people keep dodging my questions.
Asking people to explain themselves is the most direct way to dismantle bulls*** and it only makes it more suspicious when people continue to dodge the question.

Speak for yourself.
My comment is neither aimed at you nor mentions you but it still offends you enough to try and respond to me.
Well, there ya go again digging up the past to start a new argument. You're going to be stuck in this argumentive mindset until someone calls you out on your bluff. Or someone really wakes you up. Right now, you're complaining about someone being offended, and you don't know how to break this argumentive streak, attitude, pattern, whatever you call it.

I was really trying to help you understand that, before you complain about someone else, look at yourself in the mirror. But you won't.

So, ill just leave you be, and let you learn the hard way.

Top Bottom