• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What happened dmc live-action movie?

Vinosh

Long ago it was said will be dmc live action movie. Since then, the years go by the dmc movie not made. What is the reason ,not made the dmc movie.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
not every movie announced gets made as thing dont always stay together like financing etc or maybe just they just never decided to actually go through with it.

Judge

If Capcom never annouced it, it was never real, just a rumour. Until I see an offical statement from Capcom I don't believe it was ever planned or in production.

berto

I Saw the Devil
DC was also going to release a series of Capcom title comics, including RE and DMC. There have already been several announcements for a DMC film and they never come to fruition. It's just how it goes. Projects fall through the cracks all the time.

Reading the Trauma

If Capcom never annouced it, it was never real, just a rumour. Until I see an offical statement from Capcom I don't believe it was ever planned or in production.
Someone did indeed purchase the film rights and capcom made an announcement about it as well...
http://variety.com/2011/digital/news/devil-may-cry-videogame-heading-to-bigscreen-1118033032/
http://kotaku.com/5809795/hollywood-is-making-a-devil-may-cry-movie

Apparantly it will be based off DmC... Someone said a 'Dante Origin Story'.
But, it seems like nothing has happened, yet. Or, if it has, they're keeping quiet about it.

Come to think of it, that Death Note movie seems to have gone the same way...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Maybe they've gone through too many stuntmen and blew their budget so they had to stop production? x3
You never really hear about new movies while they're in production anyway. Maybe near the end of production when they're doing the editing or whatnot, they'll start leaking trailers, and movies can sometimes take up to a year to two years to film. Or that's my understanding of the process.

Someone did indeed purchase the film rights and capcom made an announcement about it as well...
http://variety.com/2011/digital/news/devil-may-cry-videogame-heading-to-bigscreen-1118033032/
http://kotaku.com/5809795/hollywood-is-making-a-devil-may-cry-movie

Apparantly it will be based off DmC... Someone said a 'Dante Origin Story'.
But, it seems like nothing has happened, yet. Or, if it has, they're keeping quiet about it.

Come to think of it, that Death Note movie seems to have gone the same way...
That's strange because I watched the Death Note movie a couple of years back. It wasn't all that great so you're not missing out on much.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Maybe they've gone through too many stuntmen and blew their budget so they had to stop production? x3
You never really hear about new movies while they're in production anyway. Maybe near the end of production when they're doing the editing or whatnot, they'll start leaking trailers, and movies can sometimes take up to a year to two years to film. Or that's my understanding of the process.

That's strange because I watched the Death Note movie a couple of years back. It wasn't all that great so you're not missing out on much.
One thing I will give the Death Note movies, is that the ending for the films were sooooooo much better than the actual anime/manga.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well Hollywood hasn't had the best of luck when it comes to adapting video games and anime in the past so people are a little skeptical. After all they did screw up Max Payne:banghead: which should have been easy to do because Hollywood was built on film noirs/ crime thrillers.

But recent successes with marvel/dc, Prince of Persia, street fighter/mortal kombat web shows that a DMC/DmC/dMC etc movie could work out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If its a good movie, i wouldnt mind either take being used.

Or if someone could do a brilliant third take on DMC as im not really digging either DMC4/anime or DmC that would be cool.

options baby options:cool:

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Or if someone could do a brilliant third take on DMC as im not really digging either DMC4/anime or DmC that would be cool.
There are two options I'm thinking of, when it comes to adapting a DMC anime:

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back there was an F-Zero anime called GP-Legend. The localized version was a complete mess (mostly because it was botched to death by the immeasurable drooling epitomes of witless stupidity over at 4Kids), but the original Japanese version depicted a story that didn't follow any particular game or continuity, and told its own original story. However, every character followed their in-game depictions 100% accurately, and the struggle between Captain Falcon and Black Shadow was adapted flawlessly from the game mythos.

On the other hand, the Sengoku Basara anime goes down as the sole anime that follows the plot of its video game counterpart to an almost flawless degree, while taking thematic liberties when it needs to. So far, the events of Devil Kings, Basara 2, and Basara 3: Samurai Kings have all been adapted to near-perfection, with the occasional straying for the sake of including more interesting arcs or character traits.

A Devil May Cry anime could do either of those: tell its own stand-alone story while accurately retaining the traits and personalities of already-existing characters, or retell the stories in more thematic and believable fashion.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
There are two options I'm thinking of, when it comes to adapting a DMC anime:

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back there was an F-Zero anime called GP-Legend. The localized version was a complete mess (mostly because it was botched to death by the immeasurable drooling epitomes of witless stupidity over at 4Kids), but the original Japanese version depicted a story that didn't follow any particular game or continuity, and told its own original story. However, every character followed their in-game depictions 100% accurately, and the struggle between Captain Falcon and Black Shadow was adapted flawlessly from the game mythos.

On the other hand, the Sengoku Basara anime goes down as the sole anime that follows the plot of its video game counterpart to an almost flawless degree, while taking thematic liberties when it needs to. So far, the events of Devil Kings, Basara 2, and Basara 3: Samurai Kings have all been adapted to near-perfection, with the occasional straying for the sake of including more interesting arcs or character traits.

A Devil May Cry anime could do either of those: tell its own stand-alone story while accurately retaining the traits and personalities of already-existing characters, or retell the stories in more thematic and believable fashion.

people would prefer the second option more than the first because it builds off familiar elements and nostalgia where the first options offers more uncharted territory.

I'd prefer the first as im not fond of DMC has progressed storywise so i wouldnt mind seeing something new.

Top Bottom