• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What kind of woman would you like to see in DMC5?

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
DMC1 Introduced Trish
DMC1 Novel introduced Nell
DMC2 introduced Lucia
DMC2 Novel introduced Beryl
DMC3 introduced Lady
DMC3 Manga introduced Alice(if you want to count her)
DMC anime introduced Patty
DMC4 introduced Kyrie

It seems every game/novel, ect. introduced a female character that made a pretty big impact on Dante in one way or another. So it's probably safe to assume we may be seeing another in DMC5. If so how do you want her to be like? I really dont want another Kyrie. I'd prefer them to bring someone like Nell into the games.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I hope to meet Vergil's woman, more than meet other Dante's leading lady.
Hmm, a delicate but yet strong spirited woman would be nice.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
something that doesn't fall into "damsel in distress" trope. Maybe somebody ou have to fight midway

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
An Angel of some sort.
Perhaps a demon slayer that isn't willing to look passed Dante's deeds or good nature and is constantly attempting to kill him.

Viper

Premium
Well... I'd like a woman that is an active part of the story, and not just walking around. That is tough, but also a normal person as opposed to alpha bitch. That dresses in respect to her job and herself.
I guess I want Lucia... Either the original or someone of that sort.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Mitsuru_sprite.png

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
DMC has enough female characters as it is...and introducing more won't solve the simple problem that all of them are given focus and development more shallow than a puddle. Just take the female characters that are already there, flesh them out, make them characters instead of caricatures, and you'll never have to introduce a single female character again.

Introducing more characters instead of working on the ones already written into the canon is the antithesis of creativity.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well guess no matter what characters be introduced to DMC5 there gonna be much to much whiners for them to grow. Oh well.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I dunno... I like the work that was done with Lady in DMC3, she was a strong and independent female character, which of course served the over the topness style trademark of the series, but we also got to see some introspection of her character and her mind.
So, in terms of characterization, something like that'd be okay.

However, she was still a combatant, like all the other ones. Except for Kyrie, which was such a waste of precious pixels and triangles. Ironically, it's from one of the urban legends about her, the one that says she was supposed to be the baddy pulling the strings in DMC4, that I got the idea about what kind of female character I'd like.

Let's have a female villain. One that is not necessarily a fighter, but resorts more on her wit and cunning. Kinda like Arkham, but using her female charm to obtain what she wants. Like a femme fatale.

berto

I Saw the Devil
How about just a woman. Not an ass kicker, not damcil in distress, not strong independent 'don't take no s#$% from no one' type, nor any other cliched type. Just a character who is a woman. Those are kinda rare, specially in action settings, everyone seems to need a trope of some kind, but regular people who are just people are rare, how about more of those?

berto

I Saw the Devil
What do you mean by that, exactly? Cause that sounds kinda boring to me. Wanna elaborate?
What's there to elaborate? I want people who aren't 'characters.'

It's the difference between the cast of Alien and Prometheus. The cast of Alien are a bunch of people, they have character traits but they aren't defined by them so it's just a bunch of dudes and chicks in a space ship. Prometheus, though, has a cast of people with defining characteristics that are too easy to spell out and they, like the captain with daddy issues, the Scottish with that beard who is in it for the money, the a$$#ole boyfriend, and the rest. People aren't really like that, the better example of actual people, more real humans, are the cast of Alien. The only 'person' in Prometheus is Idris Elba's character, everyone else is not a person, they are, well, a bunch of characters.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What's there to elaborate? I want people who aren't 'characters.'

It's the difference between the cast of Alien and Prometheus. The cast of Alien are a bunch of people, they have character traits but they aren't defined by them so it's just a bunch of dudes and chicks in a space ship. Prometheus, though, has a cast of people with defining characteristics that are too easy to spell out and they, like the captain with daddy issues, the Scottish with that beard who is in it for the money, the a$$#ole boyfriend, and the rest. People aren't really like that, the better example of actual people, more real humans, are the cast of Alien. The only 'person' in Prometheus is Idris Elba's character, everyone else is not a person, they are, well, a bunch of characters.

I don't see that formula working in DMC, but okay.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Someone who could be a friend/rival to Dante etc, maybe a hand to hand fighter?

I wouldn't mind a female villain but not necessarily a femme Fatale type.

outoftheblue

@Viper and @berto I´m sick of badass, kickass female characters. Do I want a damsel in distress? No. Kyrie was a joke of a character, but I would like to see a female trying to make a difference in this world without her having to be a fighter. We already have Trish and Lady in the hard mercenary, kickass slutty type of characters.

I would love to have a character with the treatment they gave Lady In DMC3, capable of surviving in this world, but not having to be top tier. Maybe a priestess, someone with some kind of psychic powers or even an expert of the ocult, demonology and the Sparda story.
There´s enough muscle and attitude in the series, I would prefer more brain and charm.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Few ideas
  1. If they wanna introduce angels in the classic series, they could have a character that's at-least half angel, and she's a demon slayers, and she's at odds with Dante because of his demonic heritage, when they really have the same goal
  2. Mundus had a daughter and she's the main antagonist
  3. The main villain be a demoness who was in love with Sparda, and she wants to kill Dante because he's living proof Sparda loved another woman, a human no less

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Some of you are quite frankly asking for more brain than this series has. Devil May Cry is a series that has always favored style over substance. When the girl isn't just eye candy, she's bland as all hell (Kyrie).

These writers don't know how to write people.

A nice change a pace would be a character that's written as a person, before anything else.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I would love to have a character with the treatment they gave Lady In DMC3

Yeah exactly. Lady was someone who turned into a demon hunter because of her personal troubles, and in the game was depicted as a woman and person first, and a kickass fighter close second. Which was cool to see.

That kind of characterization applied to a non fighter female character, I'd be curious to see.

Top Bottom