• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was everyone's problem with Heavenly Sword?

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Did everyone just start hating it when DmC was announced so people were quick to hate on whatever else NT made?

Or is there just a glaring problem with the game I'm not seeing?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I played it up to the snake lady boss fight and stopped playing, the game was a flat out bore and no fun to play, I also gave Ninja Theory's Enslaved game a go and it was just as crap, just like DmC was.

I see no reason to think their new game will be any better.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Most of the complaints that i see are about the combat and the gameplay. It's mostly praised for it's writing but i don't think the gameplay itself is that bad. Enslaved is on the same boat. Now i think that one has subpar combat but the writing and story is also good, mostly due to the fact that it's loosely based on the Journey to the West, a classical novel by Wu Cheng'en which chronicles the story of Sun Wukong(Monkey king).

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well the graphics were amazing and the story was good.. but the gameplay was.. err "lacking" and the fact that gamers labelled it a "God of war rip off" didn't help it either.

But i love the hair physics in that game! its as good as Alice's hair physics from madness returns.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I love HS, and I don't like new DmC at all. My only grip is with combat and mostly with motion controls for bullets, but that's pretty much it.

Top Bottom