• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you wish for?

Primordium

From shadow to shadow...
Very interesting opinions from everyone so far. In all honesty, I want a story which pulls you into it, and makes you wait in anticipation, and then hurt when the characters do. I want to be immersed into Limbo, as though I were Dante, to have my emotions tugged upon for his experiences. It is rare to find a game which can do this, but I hope that this fulfils my needs. As for combat/gameplay, from the demo released I find myself already enjoying that. As for DLC, I would enjoy something like a Bloody Palace if it is free, and may be willing to pay for a DLC which provides a bit of story after the initial one. And SonofMundus, I would like to hear more of your opinions, they intrigue me, why is this game not to your standards, why do you think it will fail? Elaborate for me, please.

SonofMundus

Im just a really big fan of the past games, i dont like this new direction and these are just my opinions

i enjoyed the fast paced action and the crazy indepth combat, which is now gone and it just feels like all the veteran players are getting left behind by Capcom, its sad to see such an amazing system go, at some point im looking to get DmC just to see what its like but im not going to pay full price.

so im just an old player who cant accept change, this game is nothing like the previous games and before you say "Ïts a reboot, spiderman does this etc.."

there is a large difference between comic continuity and game continuity. games are made up of several categories that make them what they are, and gameplay to me has always been a staple of the series, seeing it dumbed down so much kills me. Along with a story i dont agree with, and a character i cant stand i really dont like this game, but its the future of one of my favorite franchises so im kinda stuck at a take it or leave it middle ground, Capcom said if the fans want the original series they might go back to it, so i gotta make my voice heard.

if you like this game i wont hold it against you, you are more willing to accept change then i am, but i still feel like we deserve a proper DMC finale before they go all reboot crazy.

Primordium

From shadow to shadow...
I thank you, and too accept your opinions. I do share some of the things you stated though. I was originally alright with this reboot, as I was just overall glad that we were going to see another DMC title, which is one of my favourites series, but the thought that we never got the final send off with the original, we never saw how it all was concluded, we got stuck with a cliffhanger from DMC 2, which was something that never sat well with me. I do look forward to this, I really do, but also an end to the original titles too. I hope they can finish the old ones, and then continue with this perhaps, because I do find an interest in this story.

SonofMundus

same, i change my wish

I wish Capcom would allow both universes to co-exist, and i really hope NT learns alot from this game and is able to give a better showing if they get DmC2

Primordium

From shadow to shadow...
I do hope they can run both Universes at once and not end up dishing out a title each year, which too many developers do now. As for costumes, I do kind of agree, costumes would be fun to have and a mix up. I would really like a 'Classic' Dante outfit for this, to give it a rustic feel.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
-Boss Rush
So long as it is not like the boss rush of DMC4 which also had the dice game.:steve: That drove me nuts!

I'd like crazy costumes for all main characters, not just Dante. I'd also like a Bill O'Reilly costume for Bob Barbas:p
And dinosaur Vergil with laser shooting action.

More sriously, I want an ending that ties up all ends, not like Enslaved or Heavenly sword where I was left wanting more story.

Top Bottom