• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where's LoD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I've noticed in a few signatures of peeps that has "Imma miss LoD" or "R.I.P. LoD" or they reference him in past tense and it has me worried. What the hell happened to him. He didnt die did he? He was like the first friend I had on DMC.org.

Esura

Damn thats ****ed up.

Me and LoD argued and stuff but he was still one of my best buddies here.

Imma miss that mofo.

Esura

DMC.org is changing...and not for the good it seems.

It has been crazy inactive when ever I come here. Maybe all the other veteran members have left because of this. I havent left, but I just cant come on here as much as I could because of my current predicament.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I am one of the few remaining veterans, but the forum is less active than it used to be. Alot of good friends of mine have left the forum, but I can still get in contact with them. Ryan is one of them.

If any big news comes from LoD and I know of it, I'll try and let you guys know. I know how much he means to the community.

Esura

Vauxchen-kun;183783 said:
I am one of the few remaining veterans, but the forum is less active than it used to be. Alot of good friends of mine have left the forum, but I can still get in contact with them. Ryan is one of them.

If any big news comes from LoD and I know of it, I'll try and let you guys know. I know how much he means to the community.

Thanks, good looking out.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Esura;183780 said:
DMC.org is changing...and not for the good it seems.

I know what you mean.

If I don't get into an intelligent debate with people who know what they are talking about I may just leave myself.

I miss all our old members.

On a side note, LOD's goodbye thread is still at the top of the list, did you even look for it before you posted a new thread?

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I stopped browsing the forum after the place, as many others have seen, has changed and doesn't feel the same. I usually post at other DMC forums; mainly due to the fact many people can take a joke. DMC.org became flustered with newer members then the place seemed to sink and some members ignorance irratated me. The place become overall flustered with childish attitudes and nothing worth debating.
Good on LOD if thats his wish to leave, as much as it is sad, the regular and older members are dissapearing which is no surprize.
Kyle does a good job with modding but i think a good fault of this forum is how soft some moderators have been.

Esura

Black Angel;183792 said:
I know what you mean.

If I don't get into an intelligent debate with people who know what they are talking about I may just leave myself.

I miss all our old members.

On a side note, LOD's goodbye thread is still at the top of the list, did you even look for it before you posted a new thread?

Well, I barely go to the introduction section so nope.

But whenever DMC5 rears its ugly head...this site will be ever stupid popular again. I have hope.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hi.
A member told me of LoD.
He obviously has loads of friends.
I read the messages on his profile, the forum has obviously lost a great person. Kinda made me feel sad.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The dark knight;183817 said:
^ And he was a forum member. If you looked up to him and he was your hero then you need to get a life. No offence.

Unnecessary, there was no need for you to say this, comments like this turn a well-meaning thread very sour, very fast.

--

On a lighter(ish) note, it's a shame LoD has left, he was a great member of this forum and contributed a lot, he made a lot of people feel comfortable settling in here, a lot of people were great friends with him, and he'll be sorely missed.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Black Angel;183792 said:

That's exactly one of the main reasons I left, arguing with people that claim to know everything about the series when they don't even know basic info. Not to mention the topics got either boring, pointless, and/or repetitious and even now there's like 3-5 topics on the same subject with a different name in every other forum. There's no new news, just people arguing over theories on a game that hasn't even shown it's first trailor or revealed it's damn plot.

I just happened to check back today to see if anything interesting has happend or maybe things have got better. Sadly it hasn't.

Anyways, I clicked on this topic because I was worried too, I noticed sigs and things like that, I thought the guy was dead for a minute. I feel better now knowing that he's alive and well. Prohaps you guys who have those sigs should make something less...scary, like "Come visit us" or something IDK. Just a suggestion anyways.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
He still lurks if nothing else - last activity was logged as just a couple of days ago.

Forum activity goes up and down - as does the quality of members. You get out what you put in and if people want to leave because they feel like "no one needs them" or "they no longer matter" or some other attention-seeking nonsense then that is entirely up to them. If you feel unappreciated by a forum then that really is your problem and no one's responsibility to redress but yours. What do you expect from a community? Big pats on the back every time you make a good thread? Lots of recognition for being around for longer than a bunch of other people? You cannot expect others to define your status on a board - that's your job, if it matter so much to you.

This is specifically why I pay little to no attention to long protracted "I'm leaving" type threads because all they seem to do is try to gain more attention for the leaver who undoubtedly will still lurk from time to time to make sure they are missed and it's all very silly. Sorry, but that's how I feel. Yes, it's a shame when a long-standing member decides to leave but it's hardly the sort of thing we should be slitting our wrists over. LoD made a decision and that's his prerogative. If he wants to come back, he can. If he doesn't, so be it. But enough already with this bizarre eulogy-style behaviour every time someone leaves the boards who has been here a while - those of his friends here are still able to contact him, play XBL with him etc, so just let it lie.

P.S. - before someone gets their virtual knickers in a twist, the top paragraph is not aimed at anyone specifically - just a generalisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom