• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who was more fun to play as?

more fun?

• Dante

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Nero

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Dante. Nero was fun as well, but all I ever used (and needed to use) was the devil bringer on enemies. :/ *had to actually force herself to use different moves after her first playthrough* Dante, on the other hand (no pun intended), is more challenging to use after playing as Nero and so is more entertaining, in my opinion. ^^

Picard

Starfleet Demon
It depends on how you play , i like to guard fly and star rave and more so i prefer dante to play as and as a character

I prefer Nero for his Snatch ability and Exceed combos. Other than that, I liked them both, especially once I started using Dante's teleport ability to go after the enemies (before that, it was quite annoying how Dante's attacks would throw them out of the reach).

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
I like the simplicity of Nero, but I'll have to go with Dante for the wider range of moves and more weapons. Now if Nero had Yamato outside of DT then this would be a different story.

Ryu Yamato

Absolution
Oh, Dante, for sure. Nero just felt too slow and restrictive, though his devil arm and exceed combos really did increase the fun playing as him. Dante, on the other hand, has much more smoother control and (I have played THE SH*T out of DMC3) with his ability to switch styles on the fly, there is a TON more flexibility than he did in the last game.
Had fun with Nero, but Dante is just so much better.

Has anyone on this post actually played DMC3?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DMC3SE: I have a 44+ hour save, just playing as Vergil.

Definitely Dante.
I especially loved the Dante/Enchidna cutscene and boss battle.

As for Nero, I really felt for him when he battled the toad, Bael. Urgh.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'd say Nero, the Devil Bringer was interesting, but switching between Styles as Dante was cool too.

I can't even vote, because I liked playing with both of them, equally.

That...that came out wrong. You know what I mean; likewise, being able to switch between Dante's styles on the fly while switching between weapons kept things interesting, allowing the player to try out a whole myriad of different combos, while also getting to test out which weapons worked best on what enemies.

Nero was good, because DMC4 was the first game I played in the DMC series (I lacked the console for the previous games, before; I bought the HD Collection shortly after getting DMC4). As such, I felt he was a good way to ease newcomers into the franchise, but at the same time (and I know The Gaming Brit said this, but I agree with him) he still provides just enough of a challenge to keep things interesting. He may only have three weapons at his command, all of which can be utilized at the same time, more or less, but he still has a fair bit to offer. :)

Once I got a good feel for both of them, I had no trouble going back and forth, depending on what level I felt like messing around in.

That, and I love both of their snark. I never, never get tired of it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Oh, Dante, for sure. Nero just felt too slow and restrictive, though his devil arm and exceed combos really did increase the fun playing as him. Dante, on the other hand, has much more smoother control and (I have played THE SH*T out of DMC3) with his ability to switch styles on the fly, there is a TON more flexibility than he did in the last game.
Had fun with Nero, but Dante is just so much better.

Has anyone on this post actually played DMC3?

(Sorry for the double-post) Yup, I've put a lot of time into DMC3, as well, but DMC4? F*ck loads more. It's so much more fluid, being able to style-change without going to one of the statues. DMC3 was amazing, of course--DMC4 brought the gameplay to a whole new level. :) I've gotten pretty rusty, since I haven't touched it in awhile (I played for a year and a half straight), but man...I pulled off some sh*t I wish I could have recorded, because 1) Some of it I will never be able to duplicate and 2) I doubt anyone would ever believe me. :laugh:

I've gotten a lot of replay value out of 3 and 4, just because of the gameplay, alone.

Top Bottom