• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who would win? Dante (DmC) vs ....

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
This is probably going to end very badly, but who would win in a fight? I love both of these characters to death, but who do you think would win? I'm going to go with Dante.

Rin Okumura (Son of the Devil)
rin_okumura_by_mikuhatsunenina23-d4nclxk.gif

VS

(DmC) Dante "Son of the Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda."

DmC-Dante-Devil-Trigger.gif

BLACKSWIPE

Here you go
wooden-pole.jpg

Use it well.

And I have to vote Dante because I don't know the other guy o.o

EDIT:

What anime is he from btw? :3
It's known as Ao No Exorcist within Japan and "Blue Exorcist" in other English speaking countries. But don't watch the anime, it goes in an entirely stupid direction from the manga and then ends. It starts to veer off course half way through. It's about Rin Okumura, the main character, who is the son of Satan. Satan possessed his mother and impregnated her, in hopes that he could create a suitable host. Due to the fact that he is Satan, he can not possess anyone for a long period of time or they will die. So, he creates the plan to create a being who could safely harbor him, without being destroyed.

Rin Okumura is born along with his twin brother, Yukio. Though they are brothers, Yukio was weaker and frailer, and therefore did not inherit any of the 'satan' powers. Due to the fact that Rin is the sole son of satan, He inherited these really cool blue flames, the trademark of the devil in this universe. Rin and his brother will have to overcome any tests and and dire moments in the hopes of one day defeating Satan.

I seriously recommend that you read the manga, and listen to the anime ost while you do so. Likable characters, refreshing plot and hardly any eechi moments, this is one of those 'refreshing-shonen' types.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
As much as I like the two, let's compare stats.

Dante: Building to city level strength, major speed, ability to create energy blasts and waves, limited teleportation, limited flight, fine honed reflexes, time freezing ability, and a small arsenal of weapons that he can summon at any time

Rin: Wall to building buster strength, above human speed, and blue flames.

Yeah....sorry Rin.

BLACKSWIPE

As much as I like the two, let's compare stats.

Dante: Building to city level strength, major speed, ability to create energy blasts and waves, limited teleportation, limited flight, fine honed reflexes, time freezing ability, and a small arsenal of weapons that he can summon at any time

Rin: Wall to building buster strength, above human speed, and blue flames.

Yeah....sorry Rin.
Even though Rin would get badly destroyed, their fight would look incredibly cool.

Red and Blue colors flashing everywhere/

seraphmaycry

DmC dante? no

DMC dante? yes

before you say im just being a troll i have a good reason for this

DmC dante defeated a weakened god with most of his power and his main strength locked up in a hellgate

DMC dante defeated a god at full power by himself and OWNED, sure mundus owned HIM at the start but dante had his fathers sword to add to his own OP'ness and grows in power TITANICALLY in every game dmc3 he struggled with most situations and even got thrown around by..... JESTER (dante was tired, yes i understand but seriously its JESTER) skip to dmc2 and he is even MORE powerful then sparda easily throwing the final boss around with no trouble on ANY difficultie thanks to just devil trigger (not going to mention his OP mode)

and by that logic if we pitted the son of the guy who locked up mundus's/satans power for 2000 years (remember dante is supposedly more powerful) then it would at least result in a tie

DmC dante on the other hand is well..... not so tough even if this new mundus is stronger having to take away almost ALL of mundus power and THEN exploit his biggest one hit KO weakness to get the guy to die vs a weaker guy at full strengths with no large weakness's (if he even has any at all) yeah you can see how old mundus would throw DmC dante liek i toy while DMC dante would throw BOTH of them around and frikkin laugh the whole time

so bassicly son of guy who had to reduce satan to 3 percent power vs the son of satan....... yeah winner is obvious

guy who managed not only to defeat satan but to become powerful enough to throw OTHER demon gods around like stuffed bears after some time all on his own

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DmC dante? no

DMC dante? yes

before you say im just being a troll i have a good reason for this

DmC dante defeated a weakened god with most of his power and his main strength locked up in a hellgate

DMC dante defeated a god at full power by himself and OWNED, sure mundus owned HIM at the start but dante had his fathers sword to add to his own OP'ness and grows in power TITANICALLY in every game dmc3 he struggled with most situations and even got thrown around by..... JESTER (dante was tired, yes i understand but seriously its JESTER) skip to dmc2 and he is even MORE powerful then sparda easily throwing the final boss around with no trouble on ANY difficultie thanks to just devil trigger (not going to mention his OP mode)

Actually DMC Mundus was sealed in a marble satue so he was handicapped too. DmC Mundus just lost his eternal life properties. That's what made him a god, his imortality qualities.

and by that logic if we pitted the son of the guy who locked up mundus's/satans power for 2000 years (remember dante is supposedly more powerful) then it would at least result in a tie

But Rin still hasn't fully accepted his powers, and from what I've seen of Rin, DmC Dante could probably play with him like DMC4 Dante did Nero.

DmC dante on the other hand is well..... not so tough even if this new mundus is stronger having to take away almost ALL of mundus power and THEN exploit his biggest one hit KO weakness to get the guy to die vs a weaker guy at full strengths with no large weakness's (if he even has any at all) yeah you can see how old mundus would throw DmC dante liek i toy while DMC dante would throw BOTH of them around and frikkin laugh the whole time

But that all depends on the different universes with their power scale. What could be considered all powerful (Mundus) Could be no stronger then DmC Mundus for new Dante. We don't know the exact scale of all that.

so bassicly son of guy who had to reduce satan to 3 percent power vs the son of satan....... yeah winner is obvious

guy who managed not only to defeat satan but to become powerful enough to throw OTHER demon gods around like stuffed bears after some time all on his own

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
"Actually DMC Mundus was sealed in a marble satue so he was handicapped too. DmC Mundus just lost his eternal life properties. That's what made him a god, his imortality qualities."

Errrmmmm...Mundus broke free remember and showed his true form....so he was at full power.

seraphmaycry

"Actually DMC Mundus was sealed in a marble satue so he was handicapped too. DmC Mundus just lost his eternal life properties. That's what made him a god, his imortality qualities."

Errrmmmm...Mundus broke free remember and showed his true form....so he was at full power.

thank you for making that point for me:D

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Naw, it looks like he just stood up in his marble body but still wasn't at his full power.

seraphmaycry

Naw, it looks like he just stood up in his marble body but still wasn't at his full power.

? no im pretty sure he was at full power he had been beaten by sparda mundus KNEW it was obviously sparda power Dante was using how could he not recognize the enemy he had plotted revenge against for 2000 years? there was no reason for mundus to hold back and there was no reason why he didn't he even started decomposing at the very into a weakened demonic mass of tentacles

Sunaka Marién

Hmm, I haven't read enough of Ao yet to really judge, but...
I'd go with Dante :p His Devil Trigger alone should cause Rin some serious problems.

DMC dante defeated a god at full power by himself
Uh-huh, so Trish totally didn't come back in the end to save him or anything :/ And from what is seems he didn't enven kill Mundus, but only sealed him again.

You don't seem to know about this game, huh? Well, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (or Shin Megami Tensei Lucifer's Call in Europe) guest stars DMC2 Dante ( with his DMC1 personality, though) as an enemy who can later be recruited for your party :3 You fight against various demons in that game, and some of them apperently are classified as gods. Not too sure anymore, it's been a while since I last played it and haven't finished it yet :ermm:

Top Bottom