• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why did Eva in Downfall not have wings?

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
But it's also just an constant annoyance with me, the people who do little to nothing of value on this side of the forum other than complain.
Aw don't let it get to ya. People gonna complain. That's life man. Besides I really think she was just asking an honest question.

On topic: I think she was just hiding the wings. Her human form so the speak. It never came off as an inconsistency to me. I just sorta figured she was incognito (I love that word :3)

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Eva didnt have wings here because Vergil never saw her with wings, he never preceived her as an agngel but rather a tragic victem who couldnt do anything and needed help.hence in his own limbo realm she was created as such.

IncarnatedDemon

symbolism aside, why did she not have wings in Vergil downfall cutscene. That's what i am wondering.

or are NT going with angels who dont have wings like supernatural?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
symbolism aside, why did she not have wings in Vergil downfall cutscene. That's what i am wondering.

It's not just the downfall scene, but also when she talks to Dante (after his devil trigger?) she has no wings there either.

I guess the best way to explain it is what other have said about hiding the wings to live in disguise as humans. And as that is how Vergil remembers her with no wings, that is how she appears in downfall.

IncarnatedDemon

It's not just the downfall scene, but also when she talks to Dante (after his devil trigger?) she has no wings there either.

I guess the best way to explain it is what other have said about hiding the wings to live in disguise as humans. And as that is how Vergil remembers her with no wings, that is how she appears in downfall.
Probably this.

ZeroLove

Did you ignore my post or just didn't see it? XD
As seen in the flashbacks, both Eva and Sparda are able to take on human guises. Hence the inconsistency of wings and no wings. I believe she has no wings in Vergil's Downfall, because when the twins grew up, Eva was in her human guise and not in her angelic one which is the Eva Vergil remembers. The same with Sparda's horns.

EvilX-81

I'm figuring that those depictions of Eva and Sparda that we see in DmC are not all there is to them, or semi-charactures. Well, maybe this is more a hope, because if Sparda's design really IS just some guy with horns on his head, I'mma be disappoint @ Ninja Theory. Hell, Eva as an angel just being a woman with wings is pretty weak itself.

But yea, I think with most, she just didn't have her wings out at the time/wasn't in angel mode/whatever along those lines.

TheNoHeartedBeing

This was kinda of Vergil's dream. So maybe he was just dreaming of how he remembered her as a child. Im pretty sure she didnt walk around with her wings out chilling on the couch or something like that. In the end its just a dream.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm figuring that those depictions of Eva and Sparda that we see in DmC are not all there is to them, or semi-charactures. Well, maybe this is more a hope, because if Sparda's design really IS just some guy with horns on his head, I'mma be disappoint @ Ninja Theory. Hell, Eva as an angel just being a woman with wings is pretty weak itself.
Besides, in some of those images, Sparda has what look like octopus tentacles...then again, some of the concept art for Mundus also has the same. Maybe one of the artists has a thing for tentacles:p
But yea, I think with most, she just didn't have her wings out at the time/wasn't in angel mode/whatever along those lines.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Hehe, now that you make me think about it, wings would really get in her way while doing house chores... :D Poor Eva!
I guess she could 'fold them up' or something. Maybe they spread out when she's startled? Like a sudden reflex.:p

But one good use for wings and chores is she can fly and clean the house roof or the lights.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I guess she could 'fold them up' or something. Maybe they spread out when she's startled? Like a sudden reflex.:p
Lol, and Dante and Vergil would try and prank her by sneaking up on her while she's cooking, then startling her... with disastrous effects when she spreads her wings... Chocolate cake all over the walls... :troll:

The only thing that bothered me and I know it's a plothole, but was Dante can heal himself using his Angelic side which considering Vergil can use Angel abilities and glide he must have. So why when Dante pierced his heart did he not just heal?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The only thing that bothered me and I know it's a plothole, but was Dante can heal himself using his Angelic side which considering Vergil can use Angel abilities and glide he must have. So why when Dante pierced his heart did he not just heal?
Maybe because it was a big wound? Maybe his healing is also affected psychologically? In Vergil's eyes his brother had just gone against him and tried to kill him. Maybe the shock of that weakens his healing? Plus he had just had a fight with Mundus before that.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i thought the whole Vergils Downfall was psychological. the wound did heal but the mental and emotional wound was still there which btw was his heart. hence Vergils downfall was about him healing it by severing the painful parts leaving only cold emotionless spite.

Top Bottom