• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why did Eva in Downfall not have wings?

Maybe because it was a big wound? Maybe his healing is also affected psychologically? In Vergil's eyes his brother had just gone against him and tried to kill him. Maybe the shock of that weakens his healing? Plus he had just had a fight with Mundus before that.
I doubt it, Mundus had been ripping Dante open and he was fine. True the wound wasn't as large as Vergils but if he's okay to stand up and open portals to his mothers grave then surely he isn't as affected as you say. :p

Like I said although it's most likely a plothole to unravel the story it always bugged me. I also personally don't think he "died" I think the whole DLC experience was in his mind, like an awakening. Demons have their true form and their human form from when they take over a vessel. I'd suppose Angels do as well considering Eva has no wings when he sees her. So maybe Dante & Vergil are the same, they may have Devil Trigger but they also have their true Nephilim forms that resemble both sides of their parents.

Going back though, if what you say is true and the wound was sufficient to kill him it seems terrible that you could just kill a Nephilim like that. The game makes you believe they are the closest thing to a God and the ultimate beings (exaggerating but you get my point?).

EvilX-81

Or maybe it depends on the kind of wound he has suffered: Dante pierced Vergil's heart with Rebellion, a powerful demon weapon...

That's what I was thinking too. I mean he looked more or less okay after Dante's final stab, just limped away. But later in the DLC, you get the distinct impression that the wound got worse over time. Either that or the escalation of Vergil's wound during the DLC is a plothole.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Yeah, I too found it puzzling that he seemed to recover so quickly at the end of Mission 20, and then in VD we find him in such a terrible state... Maybe his condition worsened because the wound refused to heal, because it was inflicted with a weapon such as Rebellion, which is not a normal weapon.

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
For the wings on Eva: I'm going to go with what many has already said and say that shes hiding them somehow. I mean angels gotta have some type of skill that hides their wings.

But having Eva's wings taken from her willingly or not (the later would make a much better story) is also another possibility. Maybe if NT goes deeper into her back story we find out that she has scars on her back where her wings USED to be.

As for Vergil's wound... I think in mission 20 he was still coming off from the Devil Trigger high wasn't he? Maybe thats how at the time he was able to somewhat stand up and limp away almost as if nothing happened. Then over time high Devil Trigger rush crashes and he feels everything. Plus I think having been attacked by a Nephilim using demon weapon would greatly affecting his healing abilities.

Food for thought: Would superman be able to survive a Nephilim attack?

Top Bottom