• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why do ppl hate us emo's?

The dark knight

I dont hate you guys.I think it's just dumb to be depressed over life itself.Life is hard.Life isn't a walk through the park.Deal with it like the rest of the world.

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
well, yeah I understand, but I guess you have to be real like depressed to be an emo. I mean, im a goth and everyone at school goes round and says im emo just because I like rock music. I mean thats just dumb :dry: but I think emos are pretty cool ^_^

Hexadecimal

Queen of Chaos
Sephiroth;41956 said:
why do ppl hate us emo's we didnt do any thing to any body i mean let use be what we want and u be what u want.

there's always some scrap of people at any given time that people don't like...
the Brits go on about chavs and people in North America rant on somewhat about emos...
5 years ago it was metalheads that got all the grief..
in the 90's they would rag on so called "thugs", people who listened to hip hop and wore baggy pants...
emo is just the latest trend that people have chosen to whine about...
not everybody "hates" emos, they just like to complain about them, like a joke where you already know the punchline...
try not to take it to heart, it's nothing personal and it will be someone else before you know it...

Hexadecimal

Queen of Chaos
Stillborn;42109 said:
Emo?
Ummm... what do you mean? (Im sorry for asking dumb questions)

hmmm... I'm not sure the best way to explain it... so I'll let good old Wikipedia do it for me :p

Wikipedia said:
The term emo itself is sometimes used pejoratively, to suggest that the target is overly emotional. Emo has been characterized as a fad that will be discarded and forgotten in the near future. Recent trends in music has also been compared to the teen pop of 1990s boy bands.Critics cast the music as lacking any artistic merit, the fashion as "embarrassing," and the people as imagining or pretending that they lead harsh, painful lives when they actually live in comfortable, middle- to upper-class homes. Members of the emo subculture are portrayed by critics as melodramatic, self-pitying teenagers who pour their efforts into writing bad poetry and spending a great amount of time on MySpace.

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
(qoute)and the people as imagining or pretending that they lead harsh, painful lives when they actually live in comfortable, middle- to upper-class homes. Members of the emo subculture are portrayed by critics as melodramatic, self-pitying teenagers who pour their efforts into writing bad poetry and spending a great amount of time on MySpace. pk am mad i have a ruff life my mom kicked me out the ouse i lost alot of family mebbers that i was very close to almost all at once my gf had sugery my mom dosent even talk to me on the phone my dad hates me for reasons am not saying in here and i dont pitu myself am just sad alot becase i'll never see most of my family again and my mom want talk to me pain hell yea i no what pain is i might be the only one that knows what emo really is yes am really emotionel but i try to hid it tell am alone and yes i hang out on myspace alot ppl say emo's r just wanting attion am not were not well most of use we have had it bad i knoq i have.but thers always some one out ther who's had it worrs ther am done for now.oh and that dude that u qouted i dont like him/her he/her dosent know what ther talking about.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I wouldn't worry too much - Wikipedia is hardly the final word in anything. After all, it is edited by anyone who has an account, so there ya go.

Personally, I don't think it is "emo" to be sad about having a hard life - it's part of being human. I only get annoyed with certain friends of mine for whom life has been a piece of cake but they "need to feel pain" so they get all weird about it.

Then you have those who've had it rough but are the "get on with it" variety who have little or no compassion for those who are unable to be as upbeat as them - they might consider those who struggle to be emo but like Hex said, it's nothing to get worked up about and it's nothing personal.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
I wouldn't say that any life style group is hated, I would just say it is the way the Group acts that determines if someone takes a dislike to you, judging strictly on what emos claim to do this gets frowned upon by quite a lot of people. Like when people say Emo you have all sorts of theories come up, probably one of the most popular would be the Slitting wrists. Or maybe something like they are so depressed and don't make any sort of bond with anyone. Instead they would just rather face the problem alone or whatever - when in fact this would be the worst thing you could do. Simply because you need help to deal with some problems or whatever, and people don't like the fact that emos get so depressed when they don't make enough of an effort to help theirselves.

The thing that makes you unpopular with people is simply the fact that you can seek to help yourself, but you don't. You think that you can go alone with all problems, resulting in a lot of emotions spinning around; such as Depression, anger or just the will to stop. Now, I know some of you may have personal problems, but you could relate them to other people, seek help; but, most don't. And thus result in a sort of downwards spiral on life.

The dark knight

Oh my god!STEVEN POSTED!And Stevens post made alot of sense.When I think of emo I think of suicide.If I know the emo person I know they would never do that.I am a friend to two emos.

Curse

Cursed Girl
yeah like stewen said it's cause of the wrist cutting thing >_> i mean there are other ways to solwe yer problems... and ppl don't think you should liwe depresed and etc cause did you know that depression is a sickness which has meds for it? well it;s not like i'm an emo hater or smth but just tryin to say what other ppl think o_O

The dark knight

Depression is not a sickness.For emos it is because their brains dont make a chemical which make them happy.And anti depressants put that chemical in their body.For any clinically or manically depressed person.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hehe...

By the way, I was under the impression that whilst depression is indeed a chemical imbalance in the brain, it is still an illness...or was I just on more pills than a pharmacy and seeing counsellors for no reason? :p

Top Bottom