• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst moment in DmC: Devil May Cry

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You shouldnt request threads to be locked. Nor should anyone go out of their way to ensure or encourage them to be locked.
I shouldn't, but will continue to do so anyway.

Last time I checked, there's no rule stating that I can't request that threads be locked. Also, sorry if this post created any friction between you and I.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You shouldnt request threads to be locked. Nor should anyone go out of their way to ensure or encourage them to be locked.

I'm not, but how could any mod ignore a flame war this big
in-before-the-lock.gif
IBTL-Shining.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hm, "I really don't care" and "If Dante walked into a bar...blah blah"

Ring any bells? Are the bells ringing on a sunday morning! Can't you hear the angels sing!

Taken pretty much out of context, considering "I don't care" was about ignoring the vitriol and complaints that didn't mesh with what the game was supposed to be (eg - "Waaah this is different!" when the entire point is for it to be different). The "Dante walks into a bar" is completely logical and makes total sense. Dante's fashion is cool, but it also has no place in a game that's trying to make a main character that looks like anyone you might see in town - flamboyancy wasn't going to cut it, especially for a narrative where the character intends to stay incognito.

So...yeah...I've been over this countless times, and what it comes down to is people taking things out of context and feeling insulted by things that weren't insulting in the slightest. Get some thicker skin, maybe?

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Man, the faggotry on this thread is incredible.

It may be hard to choose, but I would say the Mundus and Lilith sex scene. Horrible
Hm, "I really don't care" and "If Dante walked into a bar...blah blah"

Ring any bells? Are the bells ringing on a sunday morning! Can't you hear the angels sing!

I remember seen a lot of trash on his Twitter account when it was active, but I only screencapped this one.
0B6uwN7.png

It may be hard to choose, but I would say the Mundus and Lilith sex scene. Horrible

I remember seen a lot of trash on his Twitter account when it was active, but I only screencapped this one.

Maybe you should be more grown-up with the terminology you use, such as faggotry, can't you children stay out of the DmC boards, especially since that stupid image you posted proves absolutely nothing. How anyone can take offense to the statement above is mind boggling. I'd tell you to grow thicker skin, but I don't believe you have any at all in the first place since a harmless twitter comment like the one above continues to agitate you after all this time.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

0B6uwN7.png

That one was actually a mistake. He was getting inundated by a bunch of people at the time, and he responded to someone else instead of the one he intended. Granted, the original complaint was still asinine, considering they wanted him to change a core mechanic that was working perfectly fine.

The original tweet he was trying to respond to was about how "this game is broken, fix being able to stay in the air by spamming the chain move," to which his response actually made sense. The guy wanted a fix for spamming a move that does what it's supposed to, and he replied with its working perfectly, and that there's no fix for repeatedly hitting yourself in the face either.

All in all, it was people complaining for him to "fix" things in the game that were working as intended, and people just couldn't get over themselves, and how some of their opinions weren't going to work because they would be changing the entire point of the game.

It's like if I complained to Activision for making Call of Duty a shooter, and expecting my complaints about making it a sports game to change the core design of the whole game :/ That's a broad take on it, but it applies. Complaints about things being "easy to do" flew in the face of DmC being a game that had things what were easier to do.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
This very thread is the worst thing to happen you DmC.

You all have literally proven how stupid and competitive this fanbase can get with one another. Who cares which Devil May Cry is better and which sucked, because in the end, you all suck for letting one game turn you all into a bunch of star wars nerds, having a nerd off for who has the better lightsaber. And to think, I almost regained faith in this fanbase, but it looks like I was wrong once again. You guys really need to let all this hate go, because its gotten really pathetic to see a bunch of fans of a series turn on each other for the most p!ss-poor reason of ONE game. I mean we've gotten over DMC2, so grow some balls and get over DmC.

And also for the record, I think both Devil May Cry games are equal in story, gameplay, and everything else because both have the crap story, both have gameplay that's superior to other video game series out there, and both have the chauvinistic, douche of a protaganist who struts his long sword and guns on demons while saying the stupidest of one liners and is named Dante.

You guys are so sad now, and I feel sorry for every last one of you.
index.php

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I didn't like the Mundus boss battle.

It was recycled and the couple other new attacks that were put in was hardly anything new from the entire game. Chipping away at his hands was lame and when he didn't have any hands, it was a piece of cake. Way to easy for a boss fight. Not to mention all the pu$$y facial expressions from Vergil and Dante constantly trying to save him......-_-....... It was like baby sitting a kid who wouldn't stop playing with a chiwawa. just leave the damn dog alone

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Maybe you should be more grown-up with the terminology you use, such as faggotry, can't you children stay out of the DmC boards, especially since that stupid image you posted shows absolutely nothing. How anyone can take offense to the statement above is mind boggling. I'd tell you to grow thicker skin, but I don't believe you have any if harmless twitter comments like the one above have left such a scar that you still post about them after all this time.
I should grown up for saying "faggotry" but the thing he said there is acceptable? I don't want this thread to get closed just because some people can't stand different opinions or just want to spam the thread with more pointless pictures. No need to insult me personally, also, I never posted that picture here.
That one was actually a mistake. He was getting inundated by a bunch of people at the time, and he responded to someone else instead of the one he intended. Granted, the original complaint was still asinine, considering they wanted him to change a core mechanic that was working perfectly fine.

The original tweet he was trying to respond to was about how "this game is broken, fix being able to stay in the air by spamming the chain move," to which his response actually made sense. The guy wanted a fix for spamming a move that does what it's supposed to, and he replied with its working perfectly, and that there's no fix for repeatedly hitting yourself in the face either.

All in all, it was people complaining for him to "fix" things in the game that were working as intended, and people just couldn't get over themselves, and how some of their opinions weren't going to work because they would be changing the entire point of the game.

It's like if I complained to Activision for making Call of Duty a shooter, and expecting my complaints about making it a sports game to change the core design of the whole game :/ That's a broad take on it, but it applies. Complaints about things being "easy to do" flew in the face of DmC being a game that had things what were easier to do.
I posted the picture not for the context, but for the response. Is there any need to replying that aggresive?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Mission f#@king 18...the mission that took me a day to complete with that damn puzzle. If I didn't had other important stuff to do back then...I would've did it in about 30 minutes.

Reminds me of the mission 13 puzzle.

I'm sorry, your avatar just cracked me up when you said that, because it looked like Vergil was angry at the puzzle.:lol:
18523.jpg

"DAMN YOU DAAAAANTE! You spent all day hopping around on that blasted puzzle! HURRY IT UP ALREADY! We should've killed Mundus hours ago!"

And I didn't mind the puzzle too much. I wouldn't have minded more actually. But I guess it's different for everyone. I think the worse case of a puzzle I couldn't cope with was the one in Code Veronica X with those darn buttons under the pictures. Even to this day I can't figure it out without cheating with a walkthrough.

:'( Now if they'd put that in Mission 18, I definitely would've cried.

I should grown up for saying "faggotry" but the thing he said there is acceptable? I don't want this thread to get closed just because some people can't stand different opinions or just want to spam the thread with more pointless pictures. No need to insult me personally.

I posted the picture not for the context, but for the response. Is there any need to replying that aggresive?

Yes, you child, using faggotry is not the same as whatever thing you think he said that apparently hurt your fragile little psyche. And as he explained above, the response wasn't even intentional, so let it go, and stop acting like you didn't already know what he told you. Why can't you just stay in the other DMC boards if every chance you get to criticize this game you come here with your nonsense, no one here cares about what the **** Tameem said that made you cry at night.

GF9000000Returns

I didn't like the Mundus boss battle.

It was recycled and the couple other new attacks that were put in was hardly anything new from the entire game. Chipping away at his hands was lame and when he didn't have any hands, it was a piece of cake. Way to easy for a boss fight. Not to mention all the pu$$y facial expressions from Vergil and Dante constantly trying to save him......-_-....... It was like baby sitting a kid who wouldn't stop playing with a chiwawa. just leave the damn dog alone

One thing about that fight in DMD mode, if you make ONE LITTLE SCREW UP, he's gonna take almost all of your life away with one slam. Almost felt like playing Heaven or Hell mode while fighting him.

Top Bottom