• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox series x

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020

So any thoughts, I'm very excited for it

For those worried about it's size , it's stated to be as wide as an Xbox one controller, and three times as tall

It can be laid flat or stood up

Will feature hardware ray tracing

Variable refresh rate, and variable rate shading

Will also include a new method ms and Xbox patented for lowering latency to almost nothing

Specs wise not a lot was talked about but , cpu is 4x as powerful as the one on the Xbox one X

And GPU is said to be 2x as powerful as the one on the Xbox one X

It will also have a state of the art custom SSD and gddr6 ram

Do 4k 60fps and support 4k 120fps and 8k resolution

Aswell as hdmi 2.1 and other neat features

It's controller is compatible with current model Xbox consoles , and their controllers in turn are compatible with the series X

Finally it is backwards compatible with all generations of Xbox before it

That's about all I know for now

I'm super hyped for this and the ps5, and I will be buying both at launch

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Stupid name. Nice looking console/PC tower. Nice reveal trailer of Hellblade II (weird backward subtitle there, ninja theory...)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Stupid name. Nice looking console/PC tower. Nice reveal trailer of Hellblade II (weird backward subtitle there, ninja theory...)

Agreed. Now parents/grandparents/uncles/aunts are going to be even more confused. Someone at Microsoft must really hate them.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The name may be uninspired but everything else about it sounds great in comparison to Sony's PS5, especially the fact that there is going to be full backwards compatibility from day one, as someone who has invested in many games on my Xbox consoles through the years its great to know I won't have to dig up and hook my old system up if I got the urge to play one of my older titles.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Agreed. Now parents/grandparents/uncles/aunts are going to be even more confused. Someone at Microsoft must really hate them.

In my experience most people just go in and ask for the latest console no matter which model name it is. Be it the Slim, S, X, One, Series X or whatever model of any console as every console cycle seems to have so many different models too from every company.

Quite liking the direction towards a PC and with so many people using consoles for much more than just gaming these days it was the next logical step. Though makes me wonder how sustainable that sort of model is as consoles steer more and more towards PC's but more user friendly (plug and play). With PC also having access to services like EA Access, PS Now and Game Pass etc will we see more people actually taking the leap to PC instead as console prices start creeping up with the improved specs?

As someone who owns a PS4, XB1 and a PC I have found myself using my consoles less and less and buying more on PC as more friends have gone back to PC gaming. More expensive initial purchase but I have saved so much on cheaper games and not paying extra for subscription to play online (I do pay for Xbox Live too).

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
In my experience most people just go in and ask for the latest console no matter which model name it is. Be it the Slim, S, X, One, Series X or whatever model of any console as every console cycle seems to have so many different models too from every company.

Quite liking the direction towards a PC and with so many people using consoles for much more than just gaming these days it was the next logical step. Though makes me wonder how sustainable that sort of model is as consoles steer more and more towards PC's but more user friendly (plug and play). With PC also having access to services like EA Access, PS Now and Game Pass etc will we see more people actually taking the leap to PC instead as console prices start creeping up with the improved specs?

As someone who owns a PS4, XB1 and a PC I have found myself using my consoles less and less and buying more on PC as more friends have gone back to PC gaming. More expensive initial purchase but I have saved so much on cheaper games and not paying extra for subscription to play online (I do pay for Xbox Live too).
I like the PC design philosophy, but uh... Xbox Series X? Microsoft wanted to name it simply "Xbox," BUT it would cause name convention confusions. Xbox > Xbox 360 > Xbox One > Xbox One X > Xbox Series X (Simply "Xbox"). Agh. Microsoft continues to amaze me with their stupidity. What's next? They gonna go SJW on us? Oh, right, they did with the whole black empowerment ****.

Just call it something ****ing cool, like Xbox Scorpio. People loved "Project Scorpio" for a reason, the name is just ****ing sublime. I could go like "Xbox Scorpio," and Xbox fans would go like "Dude!" The same way Nintendo's Ultra 64 was marketed. Ultra 64 was just a ****ing awesome name.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

I've seen that happen, parents or grandparents still get the wrong thing or model variation. So we will see.

Microsoft continues to amaze me with their stupidity. What's next? They gonna go SJW on us? Oh, right, they did with the whole black empowerment ****.

When did that happen? I'm all for the equality, but I never cared for the SJW vs. Anti-SJW bullsh@t in 2013-2017(?).

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I appreciate the info, I just wished it did not involve the Quartering. I hate that guy. Still, thank you.
The article is what I was talking about. I mean, Microsoft is virtue signaling there.

The Quartering agrees with you that he is all for equality, and he hates SJW's just as much as you and I do. I really do not care for these SJW shenanigans.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
The article is what I was talking about. I mean, Microsoft is virtue signaling there.

The Quartering agrees with you that he is all for equality, and he hates SJW's just as much as you and I do. I really do not care for these SJW shenanigans.

Just because me and him agree on some situations, does not mean we're on the same side. Quartering is known for being jackass, and seeing a lot of his videos rub me the wrong way. His issues with women being a big factor, and the harassment. Does not jive with me. I won't throw this off-topic, so I won't add anything else.

I don't "hate" SJWs/anti-SJWs. I'm just apathetic to their stupidity and the fact that most of them don't know what they're fighting for. Or only doing things do look better and not help actual social issues. anti-SJWs I tend to find way more annoying most of the time.

Maxman

Great, just give us proper exclusives this time. Just give me something like Ninja Gaiden II or Dead Rising 1 during 360's early lifespan

Dark Drakan

Admin
Just call it something ****ing cool, like Xbox Scorpio. People loved "Project Scorpio" for a reason, the name is just ****ing sublime. I could go like "Xbox Scorpio," and Xbox fans would go like "Dude!" The same way Nintendo's Ultra 64 was marketed. Ultra 64 was just a ****ing awesome name.

Still odd they didnt go for that name, it was in the marketing when it was announced and people already referred to it as that so might as well have kept it. Series X sounds more like a GPU brand and just keep thinking of the AMD Fury X.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Still odd they didnt go for that name, it was in the marketing when it was announced and people already referred to it as that so might as well have kept it. Series X sounds more like a GPU brand and just keep thinking of the AMD Fury X.
I thought similar. It sounds like a car's make and/or model. Graphics cards sometimes have the naming scheme, I vaguely remember some cards using "Series" after card names.

Didn't take me long to find an example.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I will be buying both at launch
Not my advice. I say wait a year to see if the system doesn't have any major issues and when they'll have an upcoming version they've fixed.

On a more relevant comment I've heard that there is the possibility that this is one version of their next gen system. THat they had planned to release multiple systems with different focuses.

I've been with PS for a long time and depending on how they approach the next gen I might just stick with them. Backward compatibility is going to determine a great deal of my decision for a next gen system if or when I decide to invest in one.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I bought the xbox one X scrorpio edition and normal editions at launch

Never had a single issue with them

Same with PS4 pro, so while I appreciate you trying to make sure I don't buy a broken console

I have a feeling that Microsoft and sony have made sure, that the engineering of these consoles is top notch and safe

Dark Drakan

Admin
I bought the xbox one X scrorpio edition and normal editions at launch

Never had a single issue with them

Same with PS4 pro, so while I appreciate you trying to make sure I don't buy a broken console

I have a feeling that Microsoft and sony have made sure, that the engineering of these consoles is top notch and safe

I haven’t had a hardware issue since PS1/PS2 (laser issues on 2 each) and launch Xbox 360 (RRoD) out of all the consoles I’ve ever owned. Had no hardware issues with my launch Xbox One or my original PS4. Though a power surge blew up my XB1 power brick but replaced that and console was fine so it did it’s job.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The one console I ever had any issue with , was gen one PS3 and gen one Xbox 360

For the yellow light and red ring of death

Which happened a couple of months after launch on both

Seems more new information has come to light about the Xbox

Including a new picture of the CPU , which Phil Spencer himself posted on twitter

If anyone wants to go take a look

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
The one console I ever had any issue with , was gen one PS3 and gen one Xbox 360

For the yellow light and red ring of death

Which happened a couple of months after launch on both

Seems more new information has come to light about the Xbox

Including a new picture of the CPU , which Phil Spencer himself posted on twitter

If anyone wants to go take a look

My 360 Red Ringed two different times, before trading it in for refurbished 360 slim. Before that, but after the RRODs, my original 360 kept eating copies of DMC4.

Maxman

I reeeeeeally hope if 4K 30 fps is the standard then devs standardize 1080p 60 fps mode as an option for those who prefer faster framerates

If they manage to do it then I am getting one of these day 1

Top Bottom