• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your favorite movie of all time

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
@KRSkull , hmm.. it's tough, if you like movies like fightclub, inception, memento, sixth sense, unbreakable, event horizon, sphere, sunshine and the likes --you get the pattern, i think you'll like it.. but not in a so bombastic way, in a way it's sorta quiet, simple and casual, could lead to boring.. but it has bale and leto in it, just give it a try

it's the kind of movies that makes you go WTF!!! THAT'S JUST BULLSHIT!!! OR WAS IT?! GOD!!! WTF JUST HAPPENED!?!?!?!?!

@Foxtrot94 it is kinda hard choosing one movie only, lol..

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94 it is kinda hard choosing one movie only, lol..

That's what I was trying to say lol

I'd like to divulge into the reasons why The Matrix is probably my all time favourite movie.

This movie doesn't really give you any answers; this movie will leave you asking more questions, if anything. And for me, that's a good thing. It never gets old discussing all of the ideas behind the story.

Of course the biggest thing - and I'd say probably the most obvious thing - to take from this movie is, "What if this was real?". By that I mean the idea that we're living inside a world that was built for us, and we're only restricted and limited to what we can physically and mentally achieve. In other words, we're not in control of our own lives. We're born blind, and subsequently freedom is something that is unobtainable.

In actuality, that all makes sense, and for the most part is largely true - We aren't really technically free, not in what we say or do. There are limits and boundaries, but we can actually advance past those boundaries to set new ones. So although I do agree that there are limits in place, I wouldn't say that something could never be worked around. Give it time and anything and everything imaginable could in at least some form become somewhat of a reality.

I just really like the deep philosophical aspects that the movie delves into. Because it ventures into a lot of different areas, and you could get yourself lost in the amount of 'what if?' points it puts across. The movie was supposed to make you think and question things, and for me it did just that. Which is why this is my favourite movie.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
That's what I was trying to say lol

I'd like to divulge into the reasons why The Matrix is probably my all time favourite movie.

This movie doesn't really give you any answers; this movie will leave you asking more questions, if anything. And for me, that's a good thing. It never gets old discussing all of the ideas behind the story.

Of course the biggest thing - and I'd say probably the most obvious thing - to take from this movie is, "What if this was real?". By that I mean the idea that we're living inside a world that was built for us, and we're only restricted and limited to what we can physically and mentally achieve. In other words, we're not in control of our own lives. We're born blind, and subsequently freedom is something that is unobtainable.

In actuality, that all makes sense, and for the most part is largely true - We aren't really technically free, not in what we say or do. There are limits and boundaries, but we can actually advance past those boundaries to set new ones. So although I do agree that there are limits in place, I wouldn't say that something could never be worked around. Give it time and anything and everything imaginable could in at least some form become somewhat of a reality.

I just really like the deep philosophical aspects that the movie delves into. Because it ventures into a lot of different areas, and you could get yourself lost in the amount of 'what if?' points it puts across. The movie was supposed to make you think and question things, and for me it did just that. Which is why this is my favourite movie.

yeah, definitely i understand everything you say, matrix-es are also my fave, but damn that foxtrot only lettting us choose one, lol..

i dig this kind of movies too, those that are philosophical or those that leave us with questions.. they last longer imo --unlike most movies nowadays--.. there are many of them out there that fall to this categories..

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Only one, okay then, this is still tough, but I'll settle.
the-crow-poster.jpg

The Crow has everything I love.
Action, rock music, a dark gothic atmosphere, a supernatural angle.
I even like the story, I cried when I first saw this movie.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@AgentRedgrave: That is a brilliant movie. Such a damn shame about the accident that killed Brandon though. A terrible tragedy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Favorite movies... Lord that is a loaded question.

Asking about anyone's favorite movie is a matter of time. People's favorite movie changes over time so it's all dependant on what they like at the time. Favorite movies, though, gets people like me looking at lists, the DVDs and VHS' and BluRays on his wall and then dividing by language, then by country, decade, directors, genre, age when I saw it... It's a mess. I might make a huge list and I'll forget that I saw that one other movie and then I might remember this one or this other one... You'd think dropping a few names would be just fine but I get to thinking too much and the effort might just not need be so I'll just let this one slide by with this little tirade.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Blimey, that's a tough choice.

Probably have to go with "The Tokyo Godfathers". A great family film that I watch every Christmas.

Three homeless people find an abandoned child on Christmas Eve and endeavour to find the mother. Hijinks ensue but with a heartwarming ending.

Top Bottom