• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your reaction to the DMC5 reveal

Meg

My reaction broken down:

*trailing starts* LOL! First thing is a dude smoking. Capcom :laugh:

Hmmm.....hmmmm....ugh Nero looks like DmC Dante. Can't this dude have his own unique look. God this music is bad....not a fan of this mechanic lady. Really not a fan of the way the environment looks. Who the heck stole Nero's arm?? Vergil? WHERE'S YAMATO?? Is someone trying to bring Vergil back?? *general sense of confusion/conflicting emotions*

*trailing ends*

hmmm........hmmmm.........

Will need to see more before I can really say if it looks good or not. Hopefully the game takes place after DMC2. Dante reveal at the end makes me think this is him coming back from hell? Maybe a bunch of stuff comes back with him? Overall I don't know. I'll play it pretty much no matter what, but can't say I'm hyped about it. At least not now.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'll tell you my thoughts once I've digested what I've seen today. For now I wanted to respond to a few things.

On the other hand... Nero seems to be the protagonist once again,
Not quite. Nero is one of 3 protagonists. The trailer might be Nero centric but that's not the case. Capcom released some info on their blog.

If that brunette girl is Kyrie, I prefer her bland DMC4 version to this cringy redneck-sounding new persona.
She's not. She's kind of a Cindy rip-off type? Southern accent mechanic with short shorts.

And to top it all off, it seemed a good idea to them to bring back creepy looking Dante from that very first DMC4 teaser.
Nothing to add, I just agree.

I feel like I need to see more of this game, I desperately do. Cause as of now, the HUGE ass hype I felt when the title showed has watered down quite considerably, even though not to the point to feel dry about the game already. At least it looks gorgeous graphically and seems to be retaining the kind of combat system it's always pioneered.
I feel ya, mate. I know I sound like a broken record but I got into the franchise because of DMC1 and with every iteration it's felt like the series has gotten further and further from what attracted me to 1 and, I don't know...

Last edited:

Meg

This feels like the Beyond Good & Evil 2 affair. Feels nice to finally have a new entry after so long but it retains so incredibly little of the old vibes.

Kind of a bittersweet news to me.
That's pretty much how I feel too. Glad the series is back, but not so thrilled by the form it's in. (At least from what we've seen.) It doesn't help that I've been playing DMC3&4 again for the first time in years. How great those games are is really fresh in my mind and this........doesn't live up to that. BUT! It's also only one trailer. I'll wait and see for more. :thumbsup:

Devil Player

So, it seems Nero is into hunting business like Dante... I mean, the SUV has the Devil May Cry logo.

Perhaps he's working with Dante. I'm curious about the gameplay. It seems this is bringing elements from DmC ( design for now ).

berto

I Saw the Devil
This feels like the Beyond Good & Evil 2 affair. Feels nice to finally have a new entry after so long but it retains so incredibly little of the old vibes.

Kind of a bittersweet news to me.
YES! That's what I thought when BG&E2 got announced.

Yes, years of waiting and my prayers have been answered... By the monkey paw that twists your wishes...

Cursing monkeys, F'ing and F that, dumb humor, elaborate and hyper realistic and hyper detailed environments and characters? It just doesn't feel like it's in the spirit of the original. It was cartoony, with cartoony villains and dudes with huge jaws and upper bodies, and I don't remember a single curse word. I know people try to pass off cursing as a sign of mature content but the original didn't have that and this feels just as distant from DMC1 as the BG&E2 does from 1.

Yeah, yeah. I fixed it. Stupid D's and S's right next to each other.

Last edited:

Koschei

The monster design is awesome, love the "insecty" look and love the hands-angel thing, whatever that is.

On the other hand, the music burned my ears, it's below horrible. And that's incredibly sad given how awesome music in the series was.

I don't mind Nero's redesign, he always felt like knock-off Dante anyway. Now he feels like the knock-off guy from Scalebound.

I am however worried about the overall aesthetic. First three games are wonderfully gothic, and I just don't feel any gothic vibes in this one. However, we've seen only a fraction of the game, I hope I'm wrong (though even the dmc4 was waay too "final fantasy" for me and ditched a lot of its gothic roots, so I'm not holding my breath).

As for gameplay, it's Itsuno, I'm certain it will be SSStylish!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
My reaction is largely the same as I had to RE7 - Dreading it before the trailer, but upon watching it, it being very different than what I was expecting (in both positive and negative ways) but ultimately having reignited my interest.

Nero is the main reason I'm excited. They'll have to really up the ante to get me excited for whatever's going on with Dante.
As for Vergil, I hope they don't bring him back in a way that undermines his death in DMC3 and emotional battle as N.Angelo in DMC.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I will say, I am majorly upset that they removed Nero's Devil Bringer. Sure it felt like a cheesy knock-off of Nūbē's Demon Arm but it gave him his arc in 4 where he comes to accept the truth about himself and how things aren't always black and white in the battle against demons. It could have even gone interesting places narratively with it slowly spreading across his body the more he uses his powers.

But no, we get a lame Inspector Gadget arm... Go-Go Get Your Arm back Nero so we can have the Devil Bringer in DMC6! :tongue:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I've watched the trailer over and over again and my thoughts are that DMC5 seems to be a big combination of DMC4, DmC and Ninja Gaiden with most of the tone coming from the latter 2.

The Ninja Gaiden vibes came from the beginning of the trailer with the design of that black guy, the design of that Devil looking demon as well as that demonic "spire" in the sky and the civilians/soldiers fighting the demons.

The DMC4 vibes are obviously the Devil Bringer, Nero's move set and Dante still retaining his fun loving attitude while riding a heavy metal Ghost Rider like motorcycle.

While the DmC vibes are the new tattooed female side kick who is straight up unlikeable so far, Nero getting the Donte treatment as well as the slow mo shots in the van which mirror that awful scene in DmC in Donte's trailer.

Still all up, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. I like the music too, I want the full version of the song in the trailer.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@xMobilemux
Well that's a surprise. I was genuinely thinking your reaction would be one of the angriest ones because of how much DmC vibe this trailer showed.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I got what I wanted.
XDXXdlgu1gXx3_vGS3VFfEN4e8giFAAIrqULTbF1r2o.png

Top Bottom