• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your thoughts on what you'd want to see in a Devil may cry 6

Gilver18

Hardcore Devil may cry fan
Id just like to know what all of you guys or girls are thinking, i've seen some people saying they want Nero to be evil, and well that would be interesting. I just feel like its too much cliche. Personally id love for Vergil and Dante to have to battle mundus once and for all in the underworld.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
An entirely new cast seperate from the DMC crew.

Dante and Vergil versus Jedha Dohma.

Nero has to team up with 2 or 3 new characters to some overarching threat (think Marvel's The Defenders on Netflix)

A Sparda game.

DMC x DmC.

Lady/trish team up with Lucia to work a case.

A crossover with 6 other capcom games set to a case of the week style story.

Bonus Round- what is the DMC version of Jake from RE6?

The next reboot should be a Vergil good guy AU set in a world like Hunter x Hunter.

Gilver18

An entirely new cast seperate from the DMC crew.

Dante and Vergil versus Jedha Dohma.

Nero has to team up with 2 or 3 new characters to some overarching threat (think Marvel's The Defenders on Netflix)

A Sparda game.

DMC x DmC.

Lady/trish team up with Lucia to work a case.

A crossover with 6 other capcom games set to a case of the week style story.

Bonus Round- what is the DMC version of Jake from RE6?

The next reboot should be a Vergil good guy AU set in a world like Hunter x Hunter.
That would be interesting for sure, and oh boy, the jake of re6 that lovely character. Well id have to say lucia, as she was just thrown in dmc2 with no real purpose other then the sake of having a girl in it, she has no real explanation for being their. And her voice lines are awful. Nobody butchers devils never cry like her. XD

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The only thing I think is a necessity going forward is now the entire world knows about demons definitively and that's a game changer that needs to be addressed in some format or another.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
New cast of demon hunters.
More swords for Nero.
Nero gets a new rival.
Different personalities and not another Dante clone or snarkiness. Got enough of those already.
The halfway point and finale goes in to the demon world.
DMC x Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden. Imagine those characters in the RE engine.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Gilver18
That's fine, I was just throwing Lucia fans a bone (metaphorically). I'm more rehabilitative as a fan ad like to give weak characters a second chance. Otherwise, I'd be tossing Nero and Patty into the trash where they belong.

I kid, I kid.

I was a big fan of Jake and saw him as a better version of Nero as well as Dante in DMC3/DmC. I wanted him to get a spinoff so I thought about what the DMC version would be like. So you can have the DMC version of Jake struggling to do the right thing while Demons invade Edonia. How much RE lore is kept I don't know but that's the starting point.

I second what brothers @Lain and @BrawlMan said. Tecmo ain't using Ninja Gaiden these days and I'm sure you could pitch Kamiya on a potential DMC x Bayonetta game.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Might get backlash for this , but my ideal dmc6 would be a game with Dante as the sole protagonist, set as open world where he travels the river Styx in hell , and travel around doing missions himself

If I had no choice in the matter lol , then I'd give Nero an expansion dlc , or some missions on the surface world , but not many as I really don't like him much as a character

Other than that I'd take a Vergil game covering the gap from mallet island to DMC V

Gilver18

Might get backlash for this , but my ideal dmc6 would be a game with Dante as the sole protagonist, set as open world where he travels the river Styx in hell , and travel around doing missions himself

If I had no choice in the matter lol , then I'd give Nero an expansion dlc , or some missions on the surface world , but not many as I really don't like him much as a character

Other than that I'd take a Vergil game covering the gap from mallet island to DMC V
That honestly sounds awesome, only thing is i don't feel like the re engine could handle a big open world game.

More Gothic creepy environments. The tree got boring.
Yeah i agree, i really liked devil may cry1's castle environment. Cuz the whole game wasn't all just one theme, some was dark and castley, other times it was demonic and eerie. Dmc5 only had really 3 levels that had any real ammount of uniqueness to them which were missons 1, 2, 3. After that it was just kinda lazy, but this is capcom so i can't be surprised, they are the kings of recycling.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Dante versus King Arthur.
Nero in Russia dealing with the Mad Monk coming back.
3 animal spirits think Vergil is a reincarnation of Momotaro and request his help.
Sparda once hung out with Sun Wukong during the Ming Dynasty.
Dante meets his namesake.
A case dealing with Roanoke, a missing British Colony that pops up in modern-day America.

EDIT- just a list of prompts for future cases.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I’d like to see Nero gets a rival and later partner.

Maybe someone like this:

Imagine those two not in good terms at first yet they’ll get along.

I would like to see Lucia make a return somehow. Rebooted and done right. Get rid of the Amulet system and replace it with something else.

Goldsickle

- Better optimization to reduce loading times.

- No more "Japanese controls". Streamlined controls or I buy used.

- Some "horror atmosphere" presentation is welcomed, like the first encounter with Sin Death Scissors in DMCV.

- Cut down on the bullshit requirements for Achievements. Don't force players to get S rank for H&H. It's bearable if the S rank requirements are as light as DMC4 (e.g. it only counts as a "death" if all your Gold Orbs run out).

- I'd ask for a "boss mode" but the "replay floor" feature for Bloody Palace is kinda okay too.

Meg

Nero has had two games in a row where Dante passed the torch to him. I want to see DMC6 actually let Nero carry the torch. I love Dante, but a fully Nero centered game would be really nice. Dante can always be a bonus unlockable character or come back in a future game, but let's have a DMC6 without him so Nero can truly shine on his own. Also, I want to see Nero older and more mature. I appreciate him being the more serious one to Dante's goofiness, but his temper gets old.

That said, I'd like the story to scale way the hell down. Not everything needs to be family drama with the apocolypse also happening. I'd love a DMC6 that confines us more to one location like in DMC1 and 3. Send Nero off to some creepy fortress where an ancient demon is trying to escape into the world. Nico was surprisingly funny, so I'd love it for her and her indestructible van to return too.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wanna see new characters join Nero's story. New allies for his crew along with Nico.

Even a rival for him to fight against & alongside with.

Any ideas for new characters? He and Nico have some techno-demon-magic kind of thing.

Some characters can have some handicap like Nero once was. Losing an arm/leg. Even a wheelchair-bound hunter who's chair can act as an exosuit.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I'd honestly like to see stuff taken in a different direction in the vain of DMC2. I like the idea of demonic possession of human machinary and objects and would like to see that more in depth.

I'd also like to see more characters outside of Dantes inner circle. We know demon hunting is a serious profession and lots of interesting characters take to hunting, I'd like to see a group of misfit hunters trying to take down a demon thats way out of their depth it also skirts how annoyingly OP Dante and crew have gotten.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd honestly like to see stuff taken in a different direction in the vain of DMC2. I like the idea of demonic possession of human machinary and objects and would like to see that more in depth.

I'd also like to see more characters outside of Dantes circle inner circle. We know demon hunting is a serious profession and lots of interesting characters take to hunting, I'd like to see a group of misfit hunters trying to take down a demon thats way out of their depth it also skirts how annoyingly OP Dante and crew have gotten.

do you have any new character ideas they can introduce?

any new hunters? New villains? Allies?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd probably "canon-weld" Darkstalkers into DMC.

Its probably the easiest crossover to pitch as well as it creates a whole set of opportunities to explore.

Plus if you ever wanna move beyond the Sparda family drama.....they are an easier sell because they already have a fanbase.

@Ronin
Just laying out options. New characters are hard to establish so bringing in the cast of Darkstalkers is easier.

They necessarily don't have to be replacements but plot generators. DMC is based on the case of the week formula so they bring countless new ideas for cases.

Plus your always going on about how Dante should date a demon so now you got a wide variety of options.

I'm pretty sure there could be an audience for DMC x Godhand, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Strider Hiryu etc.

Plus it gives DMC a home outside of DMC which gives us more to talk about.

Last edited:

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
do you have any new character ideas they can introduce?

any new hunters? New villains? Allies?
I think a RE Resistance/Outbreak type dynamic. Where you have people from different walks of life having to team up. Though we don't know the extent of DMC's universe since magic and familiars haven't really been touched upon.

Top Bottom