• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your thoughts on what you'd want to see in a Devil may cry 6

Gilver18

Hardcore Devil may cry fan
I wanna see new characters join Nero's story. New allies for his crew along with Nico.

Even a rival for him to fight against & alongside with.

Any ideas for new characters? He and Nico have some techno-demon-magic kind of thing.

Some characters can have some handicap like Nero once was. Losing an arm/leg. Even a wheelchair-bound hunter who's chair can act as an exosuit.
This might be lame to some, but an idea i just came up with was if maybe Nero got a enemy who looked like him, kinda like a doppleganger and maybe the doppleganger would try and really provoke nero with personal comments. Meaning to overcome him Nero would need to get control of his temper.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This might be lame to some, but an idea i just came up with was if maybe Nero got a enemy who looked like him, kinda like a doppleganger and maybe the doppleganger would try and really provoke nero with personal comments. Meaning to overcome him Nero would need to get control of his temper.
This reminds me of the doppelganger fight from 3. It would work better if Nero had a personal failure because of his anger issues. So its something plaguing his mind before the fight.

Goldsickle

I wonder if they'll ever consider implementing accessories that gives your characters bonuses or special accessory-exclusive abilities.

DMC1 had the Time Bangle, while DMC2 had the "Hearts".
But accessories seem to be absent as of DMC3.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like the original idea of Kyrie being a villain so that's gonna be the lynchpin of my 5 game epic saga.

Move over Xehanort, there's a new Big Bad in town.

Embrace the convoluted nonsense, y'all :whistle::happy::cool::wink:

Ravenash77

I know that Nero adopted 3 kids after the whole Fortuna even. Maybe we get to see them all grown up as devil hunters? Each one with a different style of fighting?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Mundus as the main villain and Nero having to confront him while Dante and Vergil are both still stuck in hell.

Actually have Lady and Trish do something. I loved DMC5, that's no secret, but it's annoying that, even after getting rescued, they did nothing except hang around the van with Nico.

Another character that plays similar to V. V had his issues. But his play style was still very unique and I'd hate to lose it.

Also, would like to find out who the hell is Nero's mom

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like the William Blake allusions from 5 and wouldn't mind if they did more with it.

So if Vergil gets a spinoff....

Hungry Alien

I'd like to see more of the human reaction toward demonic invasion. We already got 3 of them (Temen Ni Gru, Fortuna, and RGC), and almost nothing of how people reacted to this. Also, now that we got Nico building Devil Breaker from demonic part, I want to see this concept extended. Like an human group we don't know yet developping weapons based on demon's part, or new technology allowing the creation of cyborg able to use demonic energy, or even lower demons cybernized (like in DOOM).

With this, we could have a a environment with futuristic design mixed with the organic/demonic design. And maybe even have Nero being outmatched by the cyborg enemies and forced to himself become a cyborg via Nico. I think it would go well with Nero's theme of having human crafted weapons.

Also it could raise another theme with humans slowly realizing that demons are a threat. The leader of the group developping such weapon would be a man (or woman) who sufferred a great loss during one of the invasion (family dying, lost everything, etc), and who would want to unite humanity against the demons, to both end this threat and try to have a common purpose for everyone, thus stopping conflict between humans. Having tried and failed with common communication, he would prepare an "controlled" demons invasion in most part of the world to show the menace, then have his cyborgs push back the demons to show the threat and how to deal with it (like Sanctus, but for a better purpose), and Nero would try to spot it because he think it's too dangerous.

My inspiration is mostly Metal Gear Rising right now, with Nero being like Raiden (becoming a full cyborg to end the threat) and the leader of the organisation being like Armstrong (a man knowing the world is heading to disaster and willing to do what it take to avoid it, but being at an extreme on how to do it)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
According to the wiki, the Female V concept art was supposed to be for Nero's sister "Angelo".

So i guess if you wanna explore Nero's mom you could give him a sister?

She probably would need a new gameplay gimmick but thats why Itsuno gets paid the big bucks.

I'm not in a rush to meet Nero's mom but I'm not against it. It feels like a good hook for DMC7 ;).

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd like to see more of the human reaction toward demonic invasion. We already got 3 of them (Temen Ni Gru, Fortuna, and RGC), and almost nothing of how people reacted to this. Also, now that we got Nico building Devil Breaker from demonic part, I want to see this concept extended. Like an human group we don't know yet developping weapons based on demon's part, or new technology allowing the creation of cyborg able to use demonic energy, or even lower demons cybernized (like in DOOM).

With this, we could have a a environment with futuristic design mixed with the organic/demonic design. And maybe even have Nero being outmatched by the cyborg enemies and forced to himself become a cyborg via Nico. I think it would go well with Nero's theme of having human crafted weapons.

Also it could raise another theme with humans slowly realizing that demons are a threat. The leader of the group developing such weapon would be a man (or woman) who sufferred a great loss during one of the invasion (family dying, lost everything, etc), and who would want to unite humanity against the demons, to both end this threat and try to have a common purpose for everyone, thus stopping conflict between humans. Having tried and failed with common communication, he would prepare an "controlled" demons invasion in most part of the world to show the menace, then have his cyborgs push back the demons to show the threat and how to deal with it (like Sanctus, but for a better purpose), and Nero would try to spot it because he think it's too dangerous.

My inspiration is mostly Metal Gear Rising right now, with Nero being like Raiden (becoming a full cyborg to end the threat) and the leader of the organisation being like Armstrong (a man knowing the world is heading to disaster and willing to do what it take to avoid it, but being at an extreme on how to do it)

I'd imagine a new organization/corporation since the Order, will tamper with demonic power. Wonder if there'll be someone who wants to create new hybrids like the Sparda twins?

Hungry Alien

I'd imagine a new organization/corporation since the Order, will tamper with demonic power. Wonder if there'll be someone who wants to create new hybrids like the Sparda twins?
I don't want another "evil" organisation. This time, they would try to use demon power for the defence of mankind. And I like the idee of them trying to make hybrid, which could end with some Resident Evil mutants with cybernetic implants.

Also, I would like Red Queen to be broken when Nero first fight with the boss of the organisation. Nero would then escape (or be allowed to escape since the boss don't see him as an enemy). So when Nero get augmented with cybernetic, Nico will also remake a new and improved Red Queen which could change form to either basic Red Queen, a high frequency katana (so he can have a katana) or maybe a chainsaw. Each form would have its own Exceed system : the Chainsaw would have Exceed which control the frequency of the blade, and the katana would have a customize hilt which would allow to unsheath the blade with an explosion at the hilt to propel the blade at high speed, or even when the blade is already drawn (again, inspiration from Sam's katana from MGR, and I'm amazed that this idee has not been used that much in other game).

And ofc, the organisation wouldn't be the main antagonist : at the end of act 1, the controlled invasion would occur despite Nero's effort, but a demon lord (maybe Mundus, or another superior demon) would use this to launch a massive invasion worldwide by first stealing the portal device, then opening portals around the world.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I don't want another "evil" organisation. This time, they would try to use demon power for the defence of mankind. And I like the idee of them trying to make hybrid, which could end with some Resident Evil mutants with cybernetic implants.

Also, I would like Red Queen to be broken when Nero first fight with the boss of the organisation. Nero would then escape (or be allowed to escape since the boss don't see him as an enemy). So when Nero get augmented with cybernetic, Nico will also remake a new and improved Red Queen which could change form to either basic Red Queen, a high frequency katana (so he can have a katana) or maybe a chainsaw. Each form would have its own Exceed system : the Chainsaw would have Exceed which control the frequency of the blade, and the katana would have a customize hilt which would allow to unsheath the blade with an explosion at the hilt to propel the blade at high speed, or even when the blade is already drawn (again, inspiration from Sam's katana from MGR, and I'm amazed that this idee has not been used that much in other game).

And ofc, the organisation wouldn't be the main antagonist : at the end of act 1, the controlled invasion would occur despite Nero's effort, but a demon lord (maybe Mundus, or another superior demon) would use this to launch a massive invasion worldwide by first stealing the portal device, then opening portals around the world.

I like the idea. What about the bosses Nero faces if you look at Raiden who fought the Winds of Destruction. Maybe Nero vs demons & rogue devil hunters?

If Mundus doesn't come back, maybe one of his offsprings would takeover.

I would imagine this new agency/organization of yours would hire Nero & Nico for their help in dealing with a new demon crisis since the world is now more aware of their existence.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder how DMC6 can fix Lucia entirely? Since Dante turned her down. There's gotta be something Itsuno can do and make a better playstyle for her.

Hungry Alien

I like the idea. What about the bosses Nero faces if you look at Raiden who fought the Winds of Destruction. Maybe Nero vs demons & rogue devil hunters?

If Mundus doesn't come back, maybe one of his offsprings would takeover.

I would imagine this new agency/organization of yours would hire Nero & Nico for their help in dealing with a new demon crisis since the world is now more aware of their existence.
Well, in my head, the beginning would go like this : Nero is send to deal with a big demon (boss of mission 1), and when the demon is defeated, mens from the organisation subdue him with Nero being confused. The soldiers try to explain, but Nero, from his experience with the Order of the Sword, strongly disagree and finally fight off the soldiers (he knock them out). But when Nero is about to finish off the demon, soldiers unleash a group of cybernetic demons on Nero, then leave because the demons aren't under control (but got a exploding collar). Gameplay wise, the fight would be intentionally hard to show that Nero is already falling behind in term of power. He finally dispatch the cyber demons, but is unable to stop the vehicule taking the demon. He is however able to stick a tracker on the vehicule, and track it down to the headquarter. This is no coincidence, the leader wanting to meet and discuss with Nero.

Nero reach the headquarter, and personels inform him that the boss want to meet him, and start to guide Nero through the installation while explaining what they're doing. But Nero still strongly disagree, and believe they are dead wrong but can't convice anyone. So he starts wrecking the installation, forcing security to act. This is the first meeting with the first prototype of cyborg here. Nero fight trough the installation until he arrive at the boss room. Here is a boss fight against either security, or a cybernized demon. I would prefer the latter, and introduce the first cyber demon truly viable and obeying order without question. This would be a unique kind of demon able to adapt and copy the opponent attack (this will be important for what I got next). Watching the boss giving order while clearly showing disgust for demon in general and the cyber demon obeying without any objection disgust Nero, and he run at the boss but is stopped by the cyber demon and the fight begin. The demon is easy at first, but quickly start to mimick Nero moveset and become harder as the fight go on. Finally he is defeated, but Nero can't bring himself to kill the demon because he fell like humans have robbed him of his will. The boss then try to explain his plan to Nero, but before he can finish, Nero interrupt him out of rage and attack only to have his strike ineffective. The boss call for a demonstration of the strongest cyborg they have done so far (himself) and shout NANOMACHINE SON and the fight begin. The player is supposed to lose here, he do little to no damage to the boss and take tremendous damage. It isn't like Urizen, because you actually can't win at all. If you survive for too long or reach a fixed HP line, the boss comment on Nero skill, and start charging an AOE you can't stop or escape and one shot you. A cutscene follow, where Nero try again to strike the boss only to have him grab and break the Red Queen, stating that Nero is outmatched by humanity true potential. But he is willing to share it if Nero accept to help him, showing respect for the savior of Red Grave City. Nero refuse, call him crazy, and try to strike him again. This time, the boss kick him out of the building, and Nico come to pick up Nero. The boss order his man not to follow Nero, because he feels like Nero will only get stronger, and will be a big plus for humanity once he understands.

This would be the first 2 missions. The headquarter would have a high tech design, with sign of corruption on certains parts with a creepy look. I would like the boss to be one big beefy guy, and his implants would allow him to enter DT. His DT would ressemble Doomsday from DC (spikes all over the body, and hardened skin), and he would have the unique ability to focus his DT on some part of his body to enhance the hardening, thus making him hard to hurt, and could also charge energy into his body and release it in the form of various energy wave. Being a former military, he would use wrestling technique, with maybe some other heavy style, and would have a personality similar to Armstrong in MGR (can't find the word to describe it). The only problem I got with him is that he look too much like Armstrong from MGR in my head. But I would love to see a character like him in DMC in contrast to everyone else.
Also, I would make him playable after the first act. His style would differ from high mobility character by being a slow, but hard hitting man relying mostly on guard to avoid damage. He would be able to launch AOE attack from different range for combo (with timed explosion available). He would also have a Buster in the form of a charge ending with a grab, but with different option once you grabbed the enemy (slam him on the ground, toss him upward or on other enemies or drag him along into a wall or an AOE). His unique trait would be the use of DT to enhance most of his move or to defend himself like a Royal Guard, but with more use for the counter attack.
Also, I want the demon mentionned before the boss encounter to come back later and have him slowly regaining his will and having a internal conflict about what he should do. Nero would take him on mission and he would enjoy his and Nico company (and maybe even Kyrie company), and this would force him to make a choice later in the game between helping humans or going back to hell. His choice would also influence the boss view on demons.

I still have some more idee for the rest of the story, but I'll stop here for tonight. In regard for Lucia, I would include her at the beginning of act 2 to fight off the demonic invasion. She would now run a demon hunter agence and go on with her life, or maybe have her working for the organisation along many demon hunters as a twist, showing that some peoples agree with the need of humanity standing together against demons.
For her gameplay, I would use a feather system where you leave feather on the ground with your attack, and are able to use them for more or less powerfull attack depending on the number of feather. Lucia would have mastered her DT at this point, and would have wing at all time like Nero got some after he unlocked his DT (she keep them hidden by making them form a dress when not fighting). And for the rest, I guess an agile playstyle with acrobatic move and maybe make her look like a raven in DT with a fist and feet weapons having claws and talons like features. I don't have others idee for her right now :frown:

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well, in my head, the beginning would go like this : Nero is send to deal with a big demon (boss of mission 1), and when the demon is defeated, mens from the organisation subdue him with Nero being confused. The soldiers try to explain, but Nero, from his experience with the Order of the Sword, strongly disagree and finally fight off the soldiers (he knock them out). But when Nero is about to finish off the demon, soldiers unleash a group of cybernetic demons on Nero, then leave because the demons aren't under control (but got a exploding collar). Gameplay wise, the fight would be intentionally hard to show that Nero is already falling behind in term of power. He finally dispatch the cyber demons, but is unable to stop the vehicule taking the demon. He is however able to stick a tracker on the vehicule, and track it down to the headquarter. This is no coincidence, the leader wanting to meet and discuss with Nero.

Nero reach the headquarter, and personels inform him that the boss want to meet him, and start to guide Nero through the installation while explaining what they're doing. But Nero still strongly disagree, and believe they are dead wrong but can't convice anyone. So he starts wrecking the installation, forcing security to act. This is the first meeting with the first prototype of cyborg here. Nero fight trough the installation until he arrive at the boss room. Here is a boss fight against either security, or a cybernized demon. I would prefer the latter, and introduce the first cyber demon truly viable and obeying order without question. This would be a unique kind of demon able to adapt and copy the opponent attack (this will be important for what I got next). Watching the boss giving order while clearly showing disgust for demon in general and the cyber demon obeying without any objection disgust Nero, and he run at the boss but is stopped by the cyber demon and the fight begin. The demon is easy at first, but quickly start to mimick Nero moveset and become harder as the fight go on. Finally he is defeated, but Nero can't bring himself to kill the demon because he fell like humans have robbed him of his will. The boss then try to explain his plan to Nero, but before he can finish, Nero interrupt him out of rage and attack only to have his strike ineffective. The boss call for a demonstration of the strongest cyborg they have done so far (himself) and shout NANOMACHINE SON and the fight begin. The player is supposed to lose here, he do little to no damage to the boss and take tremendous damage. It isn't like Urizen, because you actually can't win at all. If you survive for too long or reach a fixed HP line, the boss comment on Nero skill, and start charging an AOE you can't stop or escape and one shot you. A cutscene follow, where Nero try again to strike the boss only to have him grab and break the Red Queen, stating that Nero is outmatched by humanity true potential. But he is willing to share it if Nero accept to help him, showing respect for the savior of Red Grave City. Nero refuse, call him crazy, and try to strike him again. This time, the boss kick him out of the building, and Nico come to pick up Nero. The boss order his man not to follow Nero, because he feels like Nero will only get stronger, and will be a big plus for humanity once he understands.

This would be the first 2 missions. The headquarter would have a high tech design, with sign of corruption on certains parts with a creepy look. I would like the boss to be one big beefy guy, and his implants would allow him to enter DT. His DT would ressemble Doomsday from DC (spikes all over the body, and hardened skin), and he would have the unique ability to focus his DT on some part of his body to enhance the hardening, thus making him hard to hurt, and could also charge energy into his body and release it in the form of various energy wave. Being a former military, he would use wrestling technique, with maybe some other heavy style, and would have a personality similar to Armstrong in MGR (can't find the word to describe it). The only problem I got with him is that he look too much like Armstrong from MGR in my head. But I would love to see a character like him in DMC in contrast to everyone else.
Also, I would make him playable after the first act. His style would differ from high mobility character by being a slow, but hard hitting man relying mostly on guard to avoid damage. He would be able to launch AOE attack from different range for combo (with timed explosion available). He would also have a Buster in the form of a charge ending with a grab, but with different option once you grabbed the enemy (slam him on the ground, toss him upward or on other enemies or drag him along into a wall or an AOE). His unique trait would be the use of DT to enhance most of his move or to defend himself like a Royal Guard, but with more use for the counter attack.
Also, I want the demon mentionned before the boss encounter to come back later and have him slowly regaining his will and having a internal conflict about what he should do. Nero would take him on mission and he would enjoy his and Nico company (and maybe even Kyrie company), and this would force him to make a choice later in the game between helping humans or going back to hell. His choice would also influence the boss view on demons.

I still have some more idee for the rest of the story, but I'll stop here for tonight. In regard for Lucia, I would include her at the beginning of act 2 to fight off the demonic invasion. She would now run a demon hunter agence and go on with her life, or maybe have her working for the organisation along many demon hunters as a twist, showing that some peoples agree with the need of humanity standing together against demons.
For her gameplay, I would use a feather system where you leave feather on the ground with your attack, and are able to use them for more or less powerfull attack depending on the number of feather. Lucia would have mastered her DT at this point, and would have wing at all time like Nero got some after he unlocked his DT (she keep them hidden by making them form a dress when not fighting). And for the rest, I guess an agile playstyle with acrobatic move and maybe make her look like a raven in DT with a fist and feet weapons having claws and talons like features. I don't have others idee for her right now :frown:

Any more thoughts on Lucia? What if her clan & home island was killed and wiped out by the new enemy? Leaving her as the only survivor.

Hungry Alien

Any more thoughts on Lucia? What if her clan & home island was killed and wiped out by the new enemy? Leaving her as the only survivor.
To be honest, the only way I can see Lucia becoming relevant to the story is to have something important related to Vie de Marli. I'd like to see her more in the story (since she is the only lady which haven't been turn into a generic big boobs chick, RIP Lady from DMC 3), and I love the design of her DT.

Or maybe, to have another character on whom she could relate to. Someone who don't know where he belong or something. Having her clan being wiped out in addition to having another character lost could make her relevant and interesting, since it could make her bond with him and thus have a part in the story.

In my scenario, I would have Vie de Marli ravaged by demons, and Lucia joining the organisation for revenge. And then, I would make her meet the demon following the boss and then have her influence his final decision and make him chosing human world as a place to be. Then they could work togeter to protect the human world.

Since Lucia is a serious woman (to me at least), she would be heavily involved in preventing demons invasion in the future, thus making her a recurring character as a badass leader of demon hunters.

Top Bottom