• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2010 , another crap year gone !

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
So 2010 is History with 2011 taking its place ... 2010 offered news of good and bad news and the odd WTF story !
I will list a few here and if you want please add a story from your country that you think is intresting !

January
In Hati an earthquake struck with the power 7.0 on the scale and by 12 days after the first quake , after shocks of 4.5 were still be felt. The Red cross estimate that 3Million people were affected by the earthquake and left 250,000 dead .. The recovery is still on going a year later ..

On January 1st 2010 in pakistan , 85 people died during a vollyball match because of an explosion..

February
The Winter olympics are held in Canada but a change in the weather meant that the government had to import SNOW from America !

Another earthquake in Chile that left 438 people dead measured 8.8 on the scale , the largest strike the country

March

A south korean ship sinks off the the shore of the country killing all on board !

April
Another earthquake in China kills around 2000 people and injuring 10,000 !

Volcanic Ash from Iceland shuts UK, French and major other countries in Europe for 4 days !

A oil Rig explodes in the Gulf of Mexico killing 11 people and causing billions of dollars of damage to the ocean and residents of surrounding towns and the wildlife that died.

The Greek ecomony shuts down and the givernment accepts a 110billion euro bailout from european countries.

May
A plane crashes in Libya killing all on it .

A painting sells for $106.5 million , creating a new record for the sale.

Protests in Thailand kill 91 and injury 2000

5 Paints are stolen from a French gallery worth around 100 million euros

Another plane crash in india kills 158 but leaves 8 people alive.

June

Who could forget the World Cup starts with a terrible performance from the English and other good teams from around the world.

Roits in Kyrgyzstan kills hundreds..

July
Wikileaks publishes 90,000 documents about the US invasion of Iraq

Heavy rain causes 1,600 deaths and millions homeless in Pakistan.

August
The WHO ( world health Oragnisation) says that the H1N1 pandemic is over :)

September

Seven People die in a landslide in Mexico

October
A bit of good news for once , 33 miners are freed from a mine where they trapped underground for 69 days ( and come out to mega bucks deals )

The G-20 summit happnes in Seoul where world leader agree to do something political :lol:

Another earthquake in indonesia kill around 400 and leaves thosands missing.

November

A plane crash in Cuba kills 68 people on board
Burmese opposition politician Aung San Suu Kyi is released from her house arrest.:) :)

Researchers at CERN trap 38 antihydrogen atoms for a sixth of a second, marking the first time in history that humans have trapped antimatter
November 21 – Eurozone countries agree to a rescue package for the Republic of Ireland from the European Financial Stability Facility in response to the country's financial crisis

November 22 – A stampede during Bon Om Thook (Khmer Water Festival) celebrations in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, kills 347

North Korea shells Yeonpyeong Island, prompting a military response by South Korea. The incident caused an escalation of tension on the Korean Peninsula and prompted widespread international condemnation. The United Nations declared it to be one of the most serious incidents since the end of the Korean
WikiLeaks releases a collection of more than 250,000 American diplomatic cables, including 100,000 marked "secret" or "confidential".
The European Union agree to an €85 billion rescue deal for Ireland from the European Financial Stability Facility, the International Monetary Fund and bilateral loans from the United Kingdom, Denmark and Sweden

December

NASA announces the discovery of a new arsenic-based life form in California.
The first total lunar eclipse to occur on the day of the northern winter solstice/southern summer solstice since 1638,
takes place.

Wasnt that a crap year !!!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
These sorts of things happen all the time - the world is a very big place with a lot of people in it and a lot going on. We tend to feel this is close to home because of the news reporting every little thing, but the world really is a big place.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Personally, it was better than 2009... i'm mean, i'm not gonna forget that year in a hurry.

Also, David Cameron can to power last year... so yeah, it was pretty sh!t wasn't it :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
You forgot to add to May.

"Conservative party comes into power in the UK."

That's just the icing on the crap cake.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
^ Agreed. Labour spent far too much and irresponsibly, but the ConDems will send this country into a mini-depression at this rate.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I did forget the whole politics didnt I :lol:
Well everyone loves a Hung parliment where the markets are unsure of whats happening ! So a crappy joint government of 2 parties that are always fighting !
2011 will be more difficult as VAT has now gone up and the spending cuts start to hit ... I predict ecomonic growth will slow and the UK will slide back into recession !

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
January - March
i had the funnest times of my life so far. crazy antics including but not limited to urinating off of buildings at 2am, habitually throwing things out of windows, redeeming forged coupons for cheap cigarettes, and stealing 14 40lb fire extinguishers so they could be set off en masse (in my defense they were past expiration and therefore illegal beforehand). the only thing i regret was dating that wierd vegan girl...

February - June
cleaned up my act, got a full time job at a deli, bought a cheap acoustic guitar, and went 75% sober.

June - August
moved to cincinnati, registered at devilmaycry.org, started writing for Encyclopedia Dramatica, and was very very bored.

August - December
friend visited from phillie, started school, met people at school and partied in moderation, realize that all the girls at my friends parties are taken, learned guitar, bought a stratocaster, got good grades.

the worst point in 2010 was new years where i made enormous mistakes. well, second worse. i regret dating that vegan girl the most, she was ****ing crazy.

the point i'm trying to make is that none of those disasters affected me directly and i wouldn't think twice about doing 2010 all over again. on every single day of your life someone passes away from a natural cause or otherwise. if you were to approach life the way OP did you'd just be mourning 24/7 until the bitter end.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Meh. Stuff happens in the world and to the world. I just hope no one pulls any BS with me this year like they did last year and ruined everything for everyone. Oh, and keep a good job at a Hospital or Nursing home this year instead of having to resign or trasnfer. I see no big promises in 2011, but you have to make the best of things while you can. :/

Top Bottom