• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A thought about DMC's demons..

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hopefully everyone remembers DMC1,2,3 and 4's demons right? Is it just me or did DMC1's demons look an were the best? That darn wolf that transforms into weird shapes (I forgot it's name) terrifies me more and gives me a better challenge than DMC3's sins do. Doesn't it seem like after DMC1 the demons got crappier and crappier? DMC2 being the perfect example. The DMC2 demons were just stupid. Tell me your thoughts forum! ^_^

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
the best demons were in 1 n 3 (can't decide which i like more excluding bosses, which would make it 3) :D
2 was like, wtf? :confused:
i didn't care that much in 4, idk y but i was happy to see the Frosts again (even without Ifrit :rolleyes:)

aka958

Don't trust people
In DMC1 they were a challenge because you cannot jump as swiftly or act as swiftly as in 3 or 4.

DMC4 has several enemy ideas from 1 taken back, such as the scarecrows, assaults and frosts.

Meg

The damn toad thing in 4 was pretty much Cerberus from 3. I think they got less creative as the series went on overall. Almost all the demons in 4 I thought were kinda meh. Except Frosts. They were awesome. But yeah DMC1 did the best in terms of enemy designs from what I remember.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
The damn toad thing in 4 was pretty much Cerberus from 3. I think they got less creative as the series went on overall. Almost all the demons in 4 I thought were kinda meh. Except Frosts. They were awesome. But yeah DMC1 did the best in terms of enemy designs from what I remember.
the Blitzes(?) were cool too, least to me anyways

Jerry

Well of course the first game had the first designs. Face it, people run outta ideas.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I thought 1 had a lot or original ideas for it's enemies which I liked.
Although none of the DMC2 enemies stick in my mind that much now I didn't really think they were crappy, a lot of their ideas were still quite original like 1 but at the same time very hellish like the goat demons and I remember that fleshy thing you had to break down being a neat idea at the time.

It was DMC3 where I think they got lazy. It's like "hmm whats gothic? I know! the grim reaper!..and scythes and BATS...no wait! bats! MADE OF BLOOD!" I know they were just taking the design from the sins in DMC1 but...I felt the same way about those too and I felt taking it and expanding on it was the wrong way to take things. Anything in the series that looks like it has been thought up by an ageing death metal band ive never been a fan of and theres always something in every one.
I like the wierd and wonderful ideas like SRS said a shapeshifting shadow demon is a pretty creepy concept not knowing what he is going to become I remember when he first did that cage thing to me and I was like "what the hell!? He's turned himself into a prison!. (Edit: I just realised that was nightmare not shadow duh:oops:)
All that sticks in my mind from 3 is silly gimmicks like "oh you can't shoot it yet, you can't attack it like that, you need to do this first". The others had dumb gimmicky demons too at times but for me in 3 nothing felt fun to fight.

Jerry

At least DMC3 designs were better than dmc4 designs. DMC4 designs barely look gothic.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Shadow, that is what that shape-shifting demon cat was called in DMC1. (How could I forget a name like that?) But that was one hell of a demon, I think it was the best non-boss enemy in the DMC series. DA I agreee they got lazy in DMC3, DMC1 had "true" demons and everything after DMC1 was just too kiddish. Although DMC4's demons broke away from that kiddish ness a little. And from DMC2 all I remember is those annoying Goat demons and the easy bosses..Oh and those weird cage demons. And true because of DMC1's limited game play, it made the demons formidble! In DMC2,3, and 4 I feel in control even when I'm encamped by demons but in DMC1 once the demons corner you, you know your screwed.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I remember the first time I saw Berial, I started having high hopes for DMC4's non-boss demons... too bad they didn't turn out to be as cool as the Conqueror of Fire Hell was... :(

I will never forget the first time I saw a marionette, they fit DMC's environment perfectly... good times.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I remember the first time I saw Berial, I started having high hopes for DMC4's non-boss demons... too bad they didn't turn out to be as cool as the Conqueror of Fire Hell was... :(

I will never forget the first time I saw a marionette, they fit DMC's environment perfectly... good times.
Agree, those blasted things still give me the creeps every time I see them. DMC! had that effect on you and God was it great!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I honestly liked the enemy design in 2 the most. They felt more generic, sure, but also surreal somehow.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I do think DMC1's demons are probably the best. The Nobodies always stick in my mind, so creepy with their backwards laughs and bodies made from random parts. Shadows and Blades as well. And due to Dante's slow movements in this game, I don't tend to underestimate any of them on harder modes. Even the Marionettes can string you up if you don't pay attention.

All I remember from DMC2 are those big lumbering goat things and the annoying demonic cherubs.

I agree in DMC3 they got a bit lazy with the demon designs. I'm happy when a Hell Vanguard or a bunch of arachne or abysses show up, because the lower hells get tedious sometimes.

DMC4... I don't think many enemies in that were a whole lot of fun to fight. Assaults and Blitz, maybe?

Top Bottom