• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

An Open Letter to Capcom Regarding the Devil May Cry Reboot: No

Status
Not open for further replies.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
I accept this Dante.

Yet i know how others fans feel.

But these kind of reactions might always happend in games that have some degree of violence (Okay Castlevania always had slight violence but it didnt included as much as other games as DMC and GoW).

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
That's how I feel as well, but I will play this one too, if not for fun, then just to compare and contrast old to new.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ha! Nice one - I liked this part -

Listen, Capcom. I know Devil May Cry is full of cheese. Don’t think I’ll ever forget when young Dante surfed on a rocket in Devil May Cry 3. I do, however, understand that it’s campy, deliberate cheese. I can, rocket-surfing aside, permit an aspect of campiness. There’s not even anything wrong with giving characters makeovers, but you don’t change iconic characters. You don’t change Mario, you make him fun in new ways.
Lol - Look I'm laughing about the whole DmC thing and not crying!

Asmodaius

I so hope Capcom is going to ignore that letter and continue making DmC with this new Dante. I like this new Dante and I'm rather excited to see what else they have coming up for us. I also very much think that people are overreacting about the changes they have made, like making an open letter like that.

People aren't even willing to give it a chance and are being so shallowminded that they are already now saying they won't even buy the game... And why? Because Dante doesn't wear a trenchcoat and have white hair... Sheesh.

Personally, I can't wait to see more about this game. And I am glad we get to play Dante again, in one incarnation or the other, as I'm not the biggest fan of Nero the Dante clone. DMC4 was an alright game though, but I prefer DMC3 over it.

And yes, I liked DMC2 as well. I miss Lucia and hope she will return to the series somehow. It was a nice sequal in my opinion, though Dante's personality didn't really shine through in that game.

This new Dante, however, seems to have lots of personality. And I love his looks! I really do think he looks awesome. If Capcom decides to give him his trenchcoat and white hair back, just because so many are bitching about it, I would sincerely be disappointed. And no, I don't dislike the Dante we know and love, I just welcome these changes they've made to him. I'd also like to see the other characters get a make-over like it and see them star in this game as well.

So yeah, I disagree with that letter.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
it's time i accept this game is gonna suck

looking at the other ninja theory games, i dont see this being fast paced and stylish as the old dmc was

and it just wont be the same without dante

i give, adios

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Wow...that was harsh about Raiden...in many ways...anyway,the dude does make a point.

Capcom will ignore it,no doubt about it like any other letter.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Dante changes in pretty much every game. Ok this is the most he and the game have ever changed by the looks of it but this is just standard DMC procedure imo. In a way every game was a reboot.

Janny

Dines with dementia
Ebony;274485 said:
Lol - Look I'm laughing about the whole DmC thing and not crying!
That's pretty much what I've been doing too. If the game won't shape up in the next few months then we can just ignore it like the latest Indiana Jones movie. XD

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
IDK what the point is in these letters demanding this to stop. It isn't. This game is coming out whether we like it or not.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
VI-Rainbow;275085 said:
IDK what the point is in these letters demanding this to stop. It isn't. This game is coming out whether we like it or not.

Its not really a letter demanding the game to stop, rather it express' displeasure at the change that the reboot is portraying, he talks more about DMC 2 being the cause of this reboot because it fumbled so badly, then goes onto cite examples of franchises were change in lead character or lack of lead character wasnt well recieved.

Its a good letter, its humourous and not overly serious, and it really hits the nail on the head.

DemonDante

Why do we play DMC or What is the reason why we loved it??Because of its coolness(First 4 series not the reboot) and epicness.Now I don’t see epicness on this Reboot.I mean come on CapCom and Ninja theory is mocking us.We wait..All of us wait years for the upcoming Devilmaycry 5 and now they gonna show us reboot which is sucked more than any of the games,. All of us felt sorrow when we see that ****ing reboot,All of us want devilmaycry 5 and our only hope for saving the DevilMayCry spirit is to sign the petitions to make them realize what they just did is wrong.Well call us a fanboy whatever you want we don’t care.Where trying to save what is right in Hideki Kamiyas Master piece that is about to wreck by this ****ed up people.So now come on Signing those is the only Hope on saving DevilMaycry5.It’s not being a fanboy or an ordinary fan,Because now…We need to unite…All of us to save The Dante We Know And the Devilmaycry We know.

Note:They change the Dante we know(Which is Worst).Then expect that they will do the same to others.E.G Vergil And Nero

Asmodaius

DemonDante;277269 said:
Why do we play DMC or What is the reason why we loved it??Because of its coolness(First 4 series not the reboot) and epicness.Now I don’t see epicness on this Reboot.I mean come on CapCom and Ninja theory is mocking us.We wait..All of us wait years for the upcoming Devilmaycry 5 and now they gonna show us reboot which is sucked more than any of the games,. All of us felt sorrow when we see that ****ing reboot,All of us want devilmaycry 5 and our only hope for saving the DevilMayCry spirit is to sign the petitions to make them realize what they just did is wrong.Well call us a fanboy whatever you want we don’t care.Where trying to save what is right in Hideki Kamiyas Master piece that is about to wreck by this ****ed up people.So now come on Signing those is the only Hope on saving DevilMaycry5.It’s not being a fanboy or an ordinary fan,Because now…We need to unite…All of us to save The Dante We Know And the Devilmaycry We know.

Note:They change the Dante we know(Which is Worst).Then expect that they will do the same to others.E.G Vergil And Nero

Speak for yourself. I was thrilled to see this new Dante and this reboot. And I have been a fan since DMC1.

DemonDante

Asmodaius;277272 said:
Speak for yourself. I was thrilled to see this new Dante and this reboot. And I have been a fan since DMC1.

Call yourself to be a fan since DMC1...Dude...Your not a fan,You are just like the people whom follow such new waves which is suck.Dude get a life.>_<

Asmodaius

DemonDante;277273 said:
Call yourself to be a fan since DMC1...Dude...Your not a fan,You are just like the people whom follow such new waves which is suck.Dude get a life.>_<

Ahh yes, the raging hater - a typical example.
I can already tell that nothing I say will change your mind, because you have already set your opinion and all who say something different would be wrong to you. So I won't even try.

DemonDante

Asmodaius;277274 said:
Ahh yes, the raging hater - a typical example.
I can already tell that nothing I say will change your mind, because you have already set your opinion and all who say something different would be wrong to you. So I won't even try.

Well...Support than ****ed up DmC reboot.Don't Cry if you find out that DmC really sucks and waste money.

darkslayer23

Corrupted Son Of Sparda
DemonDante;277269 said:

Do you mean this????http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Dmc/

I already signed up:)

Osaka

trollololol
I think the letter should simply say "look capcom, there's realy no need to go back and reboot; if you're going to show him as this teen then couldn't you have just put it in some kind of active flash-back or something. For as much as I'm curious to see some of Dante's past it's time to keep pushing forwards with better things instead of this."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom