• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

anime that ended too soon.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i can think of two ( and one that i wish had continued but ended at the right point)

the first is obvious. Devil May Cry. i mean seriously 12 episodes. it had only one muti episode storyline. and no vergil. more is needed.

the second is the best anime ever made. Blood+ , it had 4 seasons with a total of 50 episodes. the ending was really good except for the fact that there is no more blood+ after that. there is tons of room for more Blood+. it should have 200 episodes ( at least) seriosly pokemon has over 600 and practicly nothing happens in most of them ( i like pokemon but still....)

another anime i wish had more episodes is Code Geass. it has the best ending out of all anime. and the way it ended it is almost impossible to continue it. but it so good that i wish it could continue.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've seen only a little of Blood+, but it was awesome. Shame it ended that early.

Code Geass was AWESOME. But the way they ended it, with no chance for a sequel, sucks. :(

CloudStryker

Surviving
Elfen Lied - Only had thirteen episodes and an OVA.
She, the ultimate weapon - also only had thirteen episodes and an OVA.
Both great anime, but were WAY too short.
And finally Baldr Force EXE, one of the best anime's I'd ever seen yet it only had FOUR episodes, and an OVA (which I've yet to see).

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Far too many to list,maybe later but those on top of my head are[they all are great anime and no I don't count count Negima,Hellsing and FMA since they are getting remakes,FMA has Brotherhood,Hellsing has Ultimate and Negi gets his on spring 2011] :

Berserk
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Rurouni Kenshin[shock]
Tenjou Tenge
Ikkitousen[sontinued with separate stories]
Love Hina...?
Flame of Recca
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Ninja Senshi Tobikage
Dragon Half
Chrome Shelled Regios
Air Gear
Bastard
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Getbackers
Shadow Skill
Linebarrels of Iron
Gundam X[Shock]
Tekkaman Blade II[Shock]

And that's to name a few.Ones I get the time I'll tide them up them into categories.Strangelly though,only CloudStryker mentioned anime that ended early...

Anyway...oh,before I forget DT : rumor has it that maybe Code Geass will have a third season.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Lucky Star.
That is all.

Lucky Star could have gone on forever, I'd be a much happier, pleasant and brighter individual if it had.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;233037 said:
I've seen only a little of Blood+, but it was awesome. Shame it ended that early.

Code Geass was AWESOME. But the way they ended it, with no chance for a sequel, sucks. :(

1. you should watch the rest of blood+ there is nothing better.

2. code geass could continue. they would need a new main character but there is still the possibility of something new happening. it probably won't but it could. and at the very end it hinted that lulouch might have somehow survived.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Code Geass series: Wish they have continued to a movie or another sequel TV series so that there will a better happy ending. But considering what happened in Sunrise, this is unlikely to happen. However, a new project for Code Geass will be aired sometime,called Code Geass Gaiden: Bōkoku no Akito. Chances are that Lelouch Lamperouge will not be the main character, but instead a new one.

Rurouni Kenshin: Too much filler episodes and the ending for the TV series are so sudden. Wish they continued till the part when Kenshin fights his late wife's younger brother. And I hate the OVAs. The animation sucks, in my opinion. Too realistic.

Air Gear: Hopefully, there will be a season 2.

School Rumble: Should be another season to follow up with the manga series to the end.

That's all so far, since other animes I like have sequels that are satisfying. :D

EDIT: As long as C.C. is in the new Code Geass anime, I will be extremely happy. :wub:

20100422geass05.jpg

Anyone who doesn't want her in Code Geass is out of their minds, in my opinion.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Surprised that no one has said Fooly Cooly, although that was meant to be a short series. That could've kept doing a lot of crazy **** with that show though.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Chaos Master;233580 said:
Code Geass series: Wish they have continued to a movie or another sequel TV series so that there will a better happy ending. But considering what happened in Sunrise, this is unlikely to happen. However, a new project for Code Geass will be aired sometime, but this will not feature Lelouch Lamperouge.

really, where did you hear that. please tell me.

Pantera Queen

Angelo Credo;233159 said:
Lucky Star.
That is all.

Lucky Star could have gone on forever, I'd be a much happier, pleasant and brighter individual if it had.

I agree with this.

I also think D. Gray Man should have gone longer, but it couldn't because it caught up with the manga too quick.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
IMO animes that ended too soon were;
Berserk (Knowing that the whole anime was just purely the flashback arc of how Gutts became the black knight)
Claymore (The ending though was made to look as THE end, wasn`t really assuring, neither Easley, nor Priscilla were defeated not even talking about Clair`s resolve with the Organization)
D.Gray-Man (Just where it became really good, it suddenly ended)
Soul Eater (Up until episode 30 it followed the manga, but then, it became crap. And it had one of the most symbolic, but at the same time, stupidest endings ever)
Elfen Lied (Again, the anime ended without resolving the origins of, err, whatever they were called, i don`t remember, Cyclowhat?)
Tenjou Tenge (just like D.Gray-Man)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Death Note is my favourite anime, but I feel that it ended a little too late.
Some of the episodes could have been cut because they were utterly unnecessary and you'd still have a perfectly fine story, and towards the end, it felt like it was dragging on a bit.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^On the contrary,the anime followed the manga excellently but it ended before the final showdown...it seems that :

Light Fanboys/girls didn't want Light to die just like in the end of the manga and have N finally succeed L and become the new L.Personally,I was ecstatic with the way the manga ended..

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Devil Bane;238946 said:
^On the contrary,the anime followed the manga excellently but it ended before the final showdown...it seems that :

Light Fanboys/girls didn't want Light to die just like in the end of the manga and have N finally succeed L and become the new L.Personally,I was ecstatic with the way the manga ended..

I didn't care about the fact that Light died, sure it was an emotional moment, but it was inevitable, personally I just thought Near was an absolutely crappy character, his characterisation was just poor and he constantly irritated me, in Light's own (albeit paraphrased) words, he wasn't half the genius L was.

Top Bottom