• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom still making tweaks towards Dante’s design in DmC: Devil May Cry Continue reading on Examine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ever since DmC: Devil May Cry was officially unveiled last September at the Tokyo Game Show, long-time fans have expressed their displeasure with the new look for the main protagonist, Dante. When a fan from the Capcom-Unity forum asked why Capcom is intent on keeping the new design, Christian Svensson (Corporate Officer and Vice-President of Strategic Planning & Business Development for Capcom) made a curious response by saying that they are still making tweaks (especially towards the face) to the character. You can check out some screens of Dante in action from DmC: Devil May Cry in the slideshow to the left of this article and the full statement below:

Echiro and Itsuma continue to make tweaks to the design (and to his face in particular), but they wanted to take Dante in this direction. That was their creative decision. I'm not sure there's any quantifiable reason beyond that.

DmC: Devil May Cry is currently being developed by Ninja Theory. Capcom will publish the action game for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...eaks-towards-dante-s-design-dmc-devil-may-cry

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I really don't know what to think of this. I liked the Dante we saw at TGS last year, but I didn't like the new version we saw at E3. Hopefully they make his hair longer than the E3 one.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I really don't know what to think of this. I liked the Dante we saw at TGS last year, but I didn't like the new version we saw at E3. Hopefully they make his hair longer than the E3 one.
I agree I don't like his new look at all put his hair back the way it was.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Personally, I'm not gonna hate just yet. Dante isn't too terrible in my opinion. It's more or less whether or not you are used to the new image of Dante. We're so familiar with what we had that we're not quite willing to see Dante in a new form yet.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
best possible result: DMC 2 Dante with dyed black hair (and DMC1 personality)
most likely result: Dante with a hairstyle worse than the original DmC design and the E3 design combined (i am looking forward to the game but i don't like what they have done with Dante's look)

i just noticed the patch of white hair DmC Dante had in the first trailer is gone. i noticed it wasn't there in the slide show and then checked the E3 trailer and it's compleatly gone.

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
i just noticed the patch of white hair DmC Dante had in the first trailer is gone. i noticed it wasn't there in the slide show and then checked the E3 trailer and it's compleatly gone.
Well, if I recall, his Devil Trigger involves him gaining white hair or something. If that makes any sense. Or if that was a 'Devil Trigger' at all

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i guess they decided that if they were going to give him white hair as a Devil trigger they didn't need the patch.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
best possible result: DMC 2 Dante with dyed black hair (and DMC1 personality)
most likely result: Dante with a hairstyle worse than the original DmC design and the E3 design combined (i am looking forward to the game but i don't like what they have done with Dante's look)

He was supposed to start with a little bit of white, but his first devil trigger changes his hair color. Kinda liked the spot of white. LoL. He looks badass enough as it is, but in all honesty, they could do without the smoking. But then again, Grand Theft Auto had you robbing hookers and stealing cars.

ARandomGuy

Meh... I'm more interested in gameplay right now. When they got the gameplay nailed down, then I'll worry about the aesthetics

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
F*CK YES!!!!! Hopefully, it'll look a least a little like the Dante we all know and love ^__^

God I'm against further changes....they should tweak graphics a bit and leave the looks as they are now.
Changing the looks often means they are unsure about their project which only leads to failure.
I hope they will give him a longer fringe... Maybe make him skinner and some black eyeliner would be cool too.

... Yeah, I like emos...

More skinny o_O wtf....he would be skeleton then.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Changing the looks often means they are unsure about their project which only leads to failure.

And they have a reason to be unsure.

The negative backlash caused by this new look has been pretty big.

And I have a feeling that Capcom might have thought that it would die down but so far it has not.

So that is posibly the main reason why they have decided to keep making tweaks.

If a majority of the fanbase still ends up hating the final product before its release then they are going to be screwed either way.

But I agree that the graphics and gameplay also needs some MAJOR tweaks judging by the latest trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom