• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante or Wesker?

Dante or Wesker?

• Dante

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Wesker

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
I say Dante,Wesker was killed by two missles while Dante was stabbed in the gut twice by Vergil,shot in the head several times by Lady,and crushed by Beowulf's fist and yet he just shakes it off and moves on.Also all that was in Devil May Cry 3,where Dante was at his weakest.If this fight is using Devil May Cry 2 Dante then Wesker would vaporized,since thats where Dante was at his strongest.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
What I took mainly into consideration is that Weskers 2 main strengths are super speed and super strength. If Dante was able to keep track of Weskers attacks using royal guard he would render 50% of Wesker's edge useless right there. Weskers little kung fu palm strikes from 5 wouldn't be enough to bring down Dante he would need to to resort to his super duper falcon punches from RE4 mercs to do any real lasting damage. And a punch like that I think Dante would be able to block quite easily.
The only thing Dante needs to do from there is get in a counter strike quick before Wesker whips away from it.

It wouldn't be a one sided fight though they would both give the other a good run for his money. But imo if Royalguard was taken out of the equation Dante would get pulverized.

Osaka

trollololol
Sparda™;221985 said:
In the end, I think regardless of Dante being 50% a demon, viruses beat magic any day.

How? Because I don't really get the logic there. :huh:

At the end of the day it all depends on the person/thing/whatever. If they don't **** around too much and they use their power/ might/ whatever they have at their disposal to the fullest and strategic best then they should win with no problems.

Darth Angelo

Thats the ironic similarity the only time we ever fought Wesker he played with us and didn't really come at us full pelt because it would be too hard for the player. Same with Dante in DMC4. They were both strutting around all cool like they weren't even trying.
So we don't really know exactly how hard either can bring it when the situation calls for it.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Devil of War;222044 said:
I say Dante,Wesker was killed by two missles while Dante was stabbed in the gut twice by Vergil,shot in the head several times by Lady,and crushed by Beowulf's fist and yet he just shakes it off and moves on.Also all that was in Devil May Cry 3,where Dante was at his weakest.If this fight is using Devil May Cry 2 Dante then Wesker would vaporized,since thats where Dante was at his strongest.

I agree. Dante is immortal as far as I know.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i think Dante can be killed if his heart is ripped out. (I think i remember reading something about it in the first DMC novel.)

Osaka

trollololol
Can a Wesker fan please give us a lowdown on his current status? You know, what he's packing in terms of power, moves and stuff like that.

Darth Angelo

Osaka;222132 said:
Can a Wesker fan please give us a lowdown on his current status? You know, what he's packing in terms of power, moves and stuff like that.

It's easier to just see him in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJLuaHINYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgDVOpS6zI

Although he appears to be teleporting it is actually an ability to move at super speed honed to the point where he can move quicker than the eye can see. So basicly he is like Neo minus the flying.

Osaka

trollololol
Hmmm....I really still can't decide who I'd vote for. I don't want to be biased all the time tho lol.

Sparda™

I love you so ****ing much right now, Sparda. <3

I feel loved.<3 *puts Depeche Mode* :lol:

Osaka;222132 said:

Right here there's some info on what the virus is able to do.

The W virus increases the metabolism of its hosts, giving them incredible strength, speed and regenerative abilities. The only known host of the virus is Albert Wesker, so most knowledge of its effects comes from observations of him. The virus' effects limits itself to muscle tissue and the lower organs, leaving the brain relatively intact. This breakthrough means that the subject's mind is retained and no ill effects take place. The virus has a unique effect on ocular tissue. The only visible effect of the virus is the way in which it affects the subject's eyes. Wesker demonstrates the ability to move faster than the human eye can see, at least in short bursts. The only way to move accurately at such extreme speeds would be by viewing the world in hundreds of frames per second, most likely in the same range as birds. However, he is also capable of interaction with the world with the 'normal' speed of a human, viewing the world in the tens of frames per second. This would indicate that the subject has voluntary control over visual perception, or else his eyes automatically adjust to the speed at which he is moving.

This is hardly a fraction. More generally on what It does...

As a result of his viral injection, Wesker was granted a number of superhuman abilities, essentially becoming Umbrella's most powerful Tyrant. Wesker demonstrated incredible speed, reflexes, agility and strength, and it is very possible that he took great pleasure in showing off his power to intimidate his foes. These attributes gave him a number of advanced combat capabilities. Notable achievements of his heightened physical abilities included being capable of dodging bullets at practically point blank range with minimal effort (including rapidfire or multiple shot weapons), being able to cover great distances in short time, performing short dashes of speed faster than the normal human brain could process (causing him to appear to be teleporting), and being able to jump great heights.
Notable achievements of his increased strength included being able to lift large missiles with one hand and throwing them, lifting large steel girders off his body, lifting an adult human off the ground with one hand effortlessly, thrusting straight through the chest of a person with his fingertips, killing a chimera B.O.W. with just one kick, and sending someone flying with a single backhand swipe. The injection also gave Wesker a low-level rapid healing factor which, coupled with his incredible endurance, rendered him nearly invincible to conventional damage. A rocket exploding right in his hands was only sufficient to weaken him for a moment, and thousands of pounds of steel falling a few stories on top of him failed to even incapacitate him, merely dazing him for a few brief seconds, and despite having his face hideously burned at close range, he quickly healed up.
With these powers, Wesker mainly did not require weaponry other than his brute strength during combat, combined with a sufficient strategy and some meticulous observation. Even though he is skilled at martial arts, he did keep his handgun holstered at all times, and was known to never let his guard down, even outside the battlefield.

Genetic enhancement given by the virus makes Wesker virtually a winner by default.

Osaka

trollololol
That's an interesting read, sparda, thanks for sticking it up. I was going to vote Dante, then after reading that I'd pick Wesker...Any chance it could be a tie? lol
Ok, Wesker it is.

aka958

Don't trust people
Wesker by far.

All that Sparda showed and more, lots and lots of more.
He even is more awesome than Dante.

Weskers awesomeness factor > Dantes awesomeness factor

It's pretty much proven... Chris and Sheva didn't kill him, it was just a trick Wesker made for them thinking he is dead so he can continue his plan without any hinders. He knew they had fled from his grasp and saw this as the only opportunity to be left undisturbed with his evil plans of awesomeness.

Osaka

trollololol
aka958;222186 said:
It's pretty much proven... Chris and Sheva didn't kill him, it was just a trick Wesker made for them thinking he is dead so he can continue his plan without any hinders. He knew they had fled from his grasp and saw this as the only opportunity to be left undisturbed with his evil plans of awesomeness.

Why, apart from the ****ing obvious (don't think about it as a game for a second), didn't he just kill them so he could carry on his evil plans?

aka958

Don't trust people
Well... They were two bugs against one giant awesome mother******, he did screw them up, he really really did. But then capcom have to nerf him just to make it possible through the game, "happy ending" and all that shnit.
They had an antivirus against him, they had experience of fighting him before, Chris more than Sheva, they knew they could knock down Wesker for a second to inject him.
All they had to do is endure his attacks as they used to and they shoot against the missile in his hands and run at godspeed and both of them get over to him, one grabs him and the other one ready, if the other one isn't ready they are screwed and missed their chance.
After that, it's obvious that he is weakened because of the injection fueled by anger and hatred (hatred is wot drives him) he plunged himself into battle to get done with the pesks that have been bothering him.
Only when they thought they were gone for that is when Josh and Jill came from nowhere knowing their exact location and they took their chance to flee.

Before that? He just wanted to play around, seeing Chris as no major threat, as usual. Someone have to amuse him, he needs to stretch a little, I mean, why would he have his powers otherwise?

Edit: That was a little offensive, I just explained my vote. I didn't really come here to push it down your throat.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Durante;222199 said:
Wesker is dead right? So Dante wins,simple logic.

Well, I guess that solves everything.

Wesker fell in FRICKING LAVA. I don't think even his regenerative abilities could save him from melting to mere atoms.

Osaka

trollololol
DreadnoughtDT;222208 said:
Well, I guess that solves everything.

Wesker fell in FRICKING LAVA. I don't think even his regenerative abilities could save him from melting to mere atoms.

What and you think that Dante could survive after falling into lava as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom