• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Arms and Robot Arms

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
tumblr_pa2tkrLtWf1skp6koo5_r1_540.gif

So with DMCV coming soon, there are some things I've begun to wonder about what new weapons will have. Even more so with the game focusing on three playable characters. With Dante it would be pretty easy to decipher how he'll receive weapons, but for Nero, I think it will be similar to how it was with DMC4.

In Nero's case he's got the robot arms that he'll probably be upgrading throughout the game, however I think it will be a situation where different arms will have different affects or abilities. similar to styles.

One arm can create force fields
tumblr_inline_pa4sml2CEW1snz1fk_540.jpg

others can grab
tumblr_inline_pa4smv8Yjc1snz1fk_540.jpg

and then some can shoot lightning
tumblr_inline_pa4slzeOVf1snz1fk_540.jpg

or a flying missile to surf on.
tumblr_pa4tdlr5GG1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Different robot arms have different properties to them, and then at the end, you get the Devil Arm which will allow you to go DT. These are just some ideas in terms of arms. I would assume there's five or six arms to chose from. We MIGHT get new swords with different properties for Nero or new weapons that can interact with Nero's robot arm (like the arm is attached to the spear and it can soar around like a homing missile) but only time will tell.

As for Dante, I think we'll be able to see more Devil Arms for him to use compared to DMC4. Definitely see some Gilgimash, and shotguns in the future, but I just hope we get something similar to DmC with a scythe and of the like. I just hope if Vergil IS playable, they don't just shoehorn the weapons he's had for the past 12 years now.

Thoughts?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
We saw two abilities from his robo arm. One with electiricty and one with time slowdown (giant gears) I assume he get some upgrades over the game

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think that rather than being multiple arms, it's just one that you upgrade as you go along.

Which makes me wonder, how will upgrading be handled? Divinity statues again? Or maybe you get to do it in some sort of hub with Nico to supply you, like in Bayonetta? And what will be the case for Dante and Blue Noctis there? Hmm...

Demonic Skeleton

Just a Devil Hunter.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I think that rather than being multiple arms, it's just one that you upgrade as you go along.

Which makes me wonder, how will upgrading be handled? Divinity statues again? Or maybe you get to do it in some sort of hub with Nico to supply you, like in Bayonetta? And what will be the case for Dante and Blue Noctis there? Hmm...
Well he has 2 extra arms hanging from his belt when he's surfing the rocket, so there is that.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder what kind of weapons Dante will wield while Nero wield's only a robot arm with different types of abilities?

RedNether

"Sorry, but I don't lose."
Premium

I think Nero will be receiving upgrades and arms with different abilities from Nico at his van.

Dante will be able to get upgrades and additional moves at a Divinity statue.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So since in DMC4 Nero didn't use up all the buttons on the controller like Dante did I was wondering how these mutliple Devil Breaker arms would factor into that as well as the potential lack of a Devil Trigger. I find it funny his new arm has all these functions (and I doubt that is all so there is probably more) for it to be mapped to just 1 button. It also seems some of his new functions seem to be replacing aspects of old DMC4 DT.

With this arm we seen it.

1. Use snatch via grappling hook
2. Has a buster
3. Lightning Claw
4. Lightning Claw Upper (in DMC4 whenever Nero enter'd his DT state his Stand Demon would deliver an uppercut that send enemies flying)
5. Trap Enemy in Time
6. Orbit Rocket (like Aguila from DmC)
7. Multiple Bouncing Lasers
8. An aerial lighting claw attack that seems to explode upon contact
9. Use it as a rocket surfboard
10. Use as a jet propeller in mid-air
11. Create a barrier that can repel attacks

The only old function he is missing is Hold (which shouldn't be too hard to have in there)

I would assume he has to switch arms to utilize all these functions. While there has been very little gameplay footage so far but I havent seen any clip of Nero using multiple functions at once or in tandem with another. I can only hope it has on the fly switching (like how Dante switch Styles since these arms function more like utility than weapons) via the D-pad.

Now that leaves the Right TrIgger as to what other functions Nero could possess. There is a possibility that Nero might not have a DT anymore so that frees up the DT button and instead he could have another function like how in DMC4 SE Lady's DT button was replaced with a super move.

You know all these speculation is pointless. Might as well wait 2 months for more details....unfortunately

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Honestly I'd rather Nero actually get his own weapons then just new arms. That's just my 2 cents. While I'm more of sword guy anyway, I like having options, and DMC's always been about slaying demons with all kinds of cool and unique weapons.

DarkSlayerVergil

Honestly I'd rather Nero actually get his own weapons then just new arms. That's just my 2 cents. While I'm more of sword guy anyway, I like having options, and DMC's always been about slaying demons with all kinds of cool and unique weapons.
I hope Nero gets his own weapons plus new Arm forms.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
According to the Famitsu Interview the Devil Breaker is using cartridges that are powerful but fragile, wich means you have to actually dodge or they break.
Don't know how I feel about that, since it actually sounds like it'll impact gameplay.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Looking around the web, I saw people saying the whole robot arm is too "futuristic", guess what, we aren't all that far of from that!
I have to say it's absolutely amazing what they're able to pull off these days with prosthetic limbs.
But seriously, the last game had swords with motorcycle engines built in.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i think nero will use DmC mechanics, with r n l trigger for cartridges style, shoulder button for dodge, pads for cartridges variety and guns..

i doubt he'll get additional arms, unless they apply blade switch, you know, same handle but different blades..

Top Bottom