• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Arms and Robot Arms

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
i think nero will use DmC mechanics, with r n l trigger for cartridges style, shoulder button for dodge, pads for cartridges variety and guns..

i doubt he'll get additional arms, unless they apply blade switch, you know, same handle but different blades..
but er kinda saw that he has multiple arms on his belt, so I guess there will be different arms. Also cartridges are breakable. That would mean that abilities can be lost mid-level

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
but er kinda saw that he has multiple arms on his belt, so I guess there will be different arms. Also cartridges are breakable. That would mean that abilities can be lost mid-level

no, when i said arms, i meant the ones to substitute his sword. but that could change since nico is a mechanic, and like DmC the sword may change the blade part but still using the same handle with nico's help.

and that part with nero carrying multipe devil breaker on his belt, i swear i kinda see it too, but can't find it on trailer.. was it on stills or trailer?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
no, when i said arms, i meant the ones to substitute his sword. but that could change since nico is a mechanic, and like DmC the sword may change the blade part but still using the same handle with nico's help.

and that part with nero carrying multipe devil breaker on his belt, i swear i kinda see it too, but can't find it on trailer.. was it on stills or trailer?
Got it. I can't find it either, but I asume it somewehre, where Nero attaches his arm.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I think the robot arm idea is pretty cool, kinda makes me think that his devil bringer might have been trying to permanently possess him, and getting rid of it entirely was his best chip to play.

Also adding some combat elements we've never seen before doesn't hurt any

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
71mySVVUqPL._SL1080_.jpg

dunnno if shown already, but you can see, Nero having some sort of electrical shield out of his arm.

UncannyGarlic

I'm curious if Nero will have different guns and devil arms (weapons) to go with his different devil breakers. I wonder if the devil breakers are meant to be his version of styles, which would be great, or if they will be an excuse to have less guns and devil arms for him. Alternitely, cartridges could potentially be used in all 3 of his weapons to change their effects and create options.

My biggest hope is that all three characters have equal amounts of options, since that has not been the case since DMC2.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm curious if Nero will have different guns and devil arms (weapons) to go with his different devil breakers. I wonder if the devil breakers are meant to be his version of styles, which would be great, or if they will be an excuse to have less guns and devil arms for him. Alternitely, cartridges could potentially be used in all 3 of his weapons to change their effects and create options.

My biggest hope is that all three characters have equal amounts of options, since that has not been the case since DMC2.

Since there are Devil Breakers with projectile and ranged abilities I dont see them giving Nero extra guns.

I think his Devil Breaker is probably weapon switching and style switching streamlined into 1 weapon switch system. Nero's mobility now is influenced by his Devil Breaker arms.

There is a leak that says Nero gets back Yamato. It never explicitly says when he gets (he could get it in a cutscene at the very end of the game) or if its useable in combat but I hope if that is the case he can use it as a seperate and use the free Trigger button to switch to it on the fly.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I forgot to mention but if you pause at any point where Nero is fighting you'll notice that there is a spare arm hanging on his left side, the same side his prosthetic arm is in.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So based on the new trailer that came out I compiled a list of the current Devil Breakers and their potential movesets.

Overture
1. Battery (Press B) = A Lightning discharge attack that depends on the placement of the enemey (whether they're standing, face down, or in the air) so there could be 3 different versions of this attack (Nero did a lightning upper version of this attack on an enemy that was airborne in the first trailer). There could be mid-air variants too.
2. Exploder Lvl 1 (Hold B and Release) = plants a bomb on an enemy or the ground that detonates automatically over time or manually by shooting or attacking it.
3. Exploder Lvl 3 (Hold B for longer and release) = plants 3 bombs on an enemy or ground that results in a far bigger explosion and both versions can be performed in mid-air

Gerbera
1. Jocky/Shield (Press B) = Generates a repulsor shield that can reflect attacks. Can apparently be performed in mid-air.
2. Jockey/Jet (Direction + B) = Blast Nero in whatever direction the stick is facing. Can be performed twice and in mid air.
3. Stamen Ray (Hold B and release on land) = Releases a stream of laser beam that can be aimed/controlled.
4. Petal Ray (Hold B and release in the mid air) = Shoots out a series of lasers that bounce around hitting multiple targets. More effective in tighter places.

Buster Arm
1. Buster (Press B) = It may function like DMC4 Buster and be enemy specific but details are still unknown.
2. Potential Break Age move (all the other arms have one so should this one)

Punchline
1. Drill Punch?? (Press B assumely) = Delivers a hay maker punch that spins for multiple hit damage (used on the Sin Scissors in Gamescon trailer)
2. Tornado Flying Drill Punch (seems to be a charge attack and might be only performable in the air) = Nero lunges forward with spinning punch attack like a rotating plane/bird (used on the tentacle boss in the Gamescon trailer)
3. Homing Missile??? (Input unknown) = Can shoot a rocket arm that trails an enemy and keep hitting them like Round Trip and returns to Nero (its unknown if it can be called manually)
4. Rocket Surfing (input also unknown but it doesnt appear to be a charge attack) = Nero detaches his arm and rides it with the intent of slamming it into an enemy for max damage

Ragtime
1. Enemy Freeze (input unknown) = Can trap one enemy in a time stop
2. Time Stop (input unknown but probably a Break Age) = Can completely stop time for all enemies

That is all that has been shown or that I've noticed but it has been confirmed that there are 8 Devil Breakers so I can say its possible that Nero's moveset would be expanded by 30 or so extra moves. This number is low because I don't count air versions of the same move as another move unless they are distinctly different like Stamen Ray and Petal Ray.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Devil-may-Cry-5-art-740x446.jpg

Better look. Love the art. We may have seen a glimpse of the yellow drill/screw Devil Breaker in the Gamescon trailer when Nero did that full body drill/spin attack on that tentacle bug boss.

The chain one looks dope and reminds me of Kulshedra from Bayonetta. Hopefully we toss around enemies with this one. The last one (to the left between Ragtime and Gerbera) where he is holding Red Queen is truly baffling. It looks like it could be fire based or something.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
As long as the styles get reworked for Dante , with new moves and with new devil trigger specific moves I'll be happy

Never been hugely into Nero's combat , but I sure as hell hope jump canceling is back with enemy step

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
As skeptical as I am about the whole breakable arms deal, it's exciting that these robotic arms are capable to do stuff that his old DB was never able to do.

Top Bottom